• Hallsville in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Hallsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Marshall Mavericks (1-4) (0-2)

Vs.

Hallsville Bobcats (1-4) (0-2)

--------------------

This is a must-win situation for both teams if they are to have any hope of getting back into the playoff chase.

A loss will all but seal the post-season fate, while a win will keep hopes alive for another week.

Both have struggled defensively, giving up bushels of points.

Marshall leads the series (10-1). However, most of the games have been hotly contested in close affairs.

How do you predict this game will go?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Marshall in this battle. Yes Marshall is 0-2 in district but they have scored 41 and 38 themselves. Just don't see Hallsville having enough defense to beat Marshall even though Marshall's offense is so predictable.

even though Marshall's offense is so predictable.

A lot less than it has been. At least we are spreading it out to 2-3 other guys besides just QB keepers in each direction.

The offensive play calling IS better than what we've seen in years past. If execution can catch up.....we could be special. We're still waiting.

This game will come down to who's defense will bend the least and who makes the fewer mistakes on special teams.

Would love to see Hallville pull this one out. It is a must win. They can't give up the big plays like they have done the previous 4 games. Also have to eliminate the "bonehead" penalties. They had four of them against Whitehouse that were killers.

Looking forward to Hallsville putting a complete game together. Giving up the big play has been the Achilles Heel this year. Take away the big plays and Hallsville's record would be looking much different. Of course you could say that for a lot of teams. And again, big plays are part of the game.

The season is getting short and it is time to make a move. I do not think anyone will be out this week except for one of the DE's, Chase Fleming, who suffered a compound fracture of the lower leg against WH last week.

Marshall is struggling along with Hallsville. Hopefully the home field advantage will pay off into a win for Hallsville this week.

Go Bobcats!

Bobcats take this one.

This is the best chance they have had in a few years to beat Marshall. Hallsville has a very srong defense, but they make way to many silly mistakes. They have to put together a complete game to beat Marshall. Stop with the mistakes and penalties.

long term

change offensive formations and run the ball more. You have the athletes for a great power running game.

Looking forward to Hallsville putting a complete game together. Giving up the big play has been the Achilles Heel this year. Take away the big plays and Hallsville's record would be looking much different. Of course you could say that for a lot of teams. And again, big plays are part of the game.

The season is getting short and it is time to make a move. I do not think anyone will be out this week except for one of the DE's, Chase Fleming, who suffered a compound fracture of the lower leg against WH last week.

Marshall is struggling along with Hallsville. Hopefully the home field advantage will pay off into a win for Hallsville this week.

Wishing Chase a speedy recovery.

An absolute MUST win for Hallsville...Bobcats are going to have to take care of business at home to be able to have a chance at the playoffs.

Really, the team that loses this one may as well get the basketballs aired up, for all intents and purposes.

I agree. Whoever loses this game truly has very little shot at making the playoffs.

Marshall has the tools to win this game. They've had the tools to win the last 2 games they lost to Kilgore and Jacksonville.

They lead BOTH the Bulldogs AND the Indians by DOUBLE DIGITS only to fall apart in the second half.

I'm still not sure how we blew a 20-3 lead over Kilgore. Amazing.

Mavs lead Jacksonville by 14 and still ended up losing by 12.

We scored 41 on Kilgore. 38 on Jacksonville. But people have been complaining about the offense. Truth is, the offense has been fine. Defense has been what has killed us the last 2 weeks. Giving up 47 and 50. Can't win like that.

If the offense can come out and sucker-punch the Bobcats quick, I like Marshall's chances.

But if we come out and sputter, then we could be in trouble.

I'm not giving up on this season. Marshall can still get in with wins over Halls, Nac, and PT. It would then be a matter of getting a win over Whitehouse......which won't be easy. Then again.... neither will wins over Halls, PT, and Nac.

No white flags here......

GO MAVS GO!!!!