Marshall Vs. Hallsville

Mavchamp

36 members have voted

1. 1. Marshall Vs. Hallsville

• Hallsville in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Hallsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This team has had key injuries and suspensions since week 1. Also have seen some of the laziest on field play I've ever seen at any level. Only chance Marshall has is to get motivated and healthy in a hurry. Even when key guys are back from injury they sit out time the next game for disciplinary reasons. They have the talent to beat every team in this district, just have yet to put it all together. Look for Marshall to build some confidence by taking care of Nac next week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been an astronomical amount of injuries. Seems to be a plague.

And we've had players out for suspensions. When they learn this coach means business, they will stop breaking team and school rules.

And these kids DO NOT give up.

They didn't lay down when they were down 21-0 to Hallsville. Came back to tie the game 21-21.

They didn't lay down when Kilgore took the lead late in the game. Ended up forcing OT, and then DOUBLE OT.

They never laid down against Byrd.

This is a snake-bit team right now. Any bad bounce, unfortunate roll, or marginal play seems to go against them. It happens.

They are having growing pains.

They will learn. That goes for the players and the coaches.

They ARE getting better and better each week.

Some of these people online (facebook especially) haven't even graced a stadium in person to see the team, but still manage to gripe and criticize.

This will mark only the fourth losing season Marshall has had in TWENTY FIVE YEARS. Let that sink in. only the 4th losing season in a quarter of a century!!

It happens. All teams have down years. Why all this panic???

Trust me....it's hard to see them struggle. We're not use to it as fans. But I can't wrap my brain around some of the things being said about this team, staff, and program right now.

These are the same Mavs that were in back to back title games just 5 years ago. The same Mavs that dominated much of the 90's...and won a state title. Same Mavs that changed the culture of football in East Texas in the 80's through Dennis Parker and his staff. Same team. Same pride. Same everything. Just a different result......FOR NOW.

This is the time when people are circling the wagons, battening down the hatches, and hunkering down for the team!!! The storm will pass. And when it does....we'll end up back where we belong.

Maybe people for get Marshall had a 1-9 season just TWO years before those back to back state title games in 04 and 05. Maybe they forgot the 4-5-1 season of 1991 when they were defending state champs.

2011 may not turn out the way we envisioned, but the the future is there. As a Mav fan..... history says the future looks good.

I believe it!