Spring Hill @ Gladewater

Panther89

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, and why?

I see you asked a question then answered it yourself....so I'll help you out. I think Gladewater will get the win this week. The Bears aren't a bad team....Gilmer is just a dang good team; and they really showed how experienced they are against G-water last week. Remember, Luke Turner was a receiver 2 years ago when Gilmer won the 09 state championship. He knows how to lead, and he knows how to rally his team up and get em goin! I said that to say this....don't count Gladewater out of the playoff race just yet.

The Bears are still very much capable of beating Spring Hill, Pitt, and Carthage. Pittsburg really exposed Carthage last night and I think Gladewater is just as good as both of those teams. Rivalry games are played much differently than other games; therefore, emotions were very high in the Gladewater/Gilmer game. Gilmer's nerves settled quicker and they were able to jump out early on the Bears and not look back!

Gladewater will settle down next week. Baugh and his staff are good at making the necessary adjustments to win ball games. Hell, they did it in Longview for the longest. Did you see the 08 Allen/Longview game? How about the 09 Waxahachie/Longview game @ Kincaide? Its hard to keep up with Gilmer when you don't have the speed of 2 of the top sprinters in the state on your team anymore!

Spring Hill probably won't win a district game. They are well coached, but just don't have the athletes. I also understand they have a couple of kids out injured....which doesn't help the situation.

Give Gladewater time! Although they haven't won a district game since beating Chapel Hill in 2009, they are a much improved team and will continue to develop.

Anyhow, Gladewater gets the win against Spring Hill.....Go Bears!

I think SH wins this game based on the idea that they're getting tired of getting beat, and they'll be looking to take out some frustration on Da Bears! If SH does win this game, it won't be by much!

you might be able to sell this theory to a Sabine Cardinal. And to add to the theory a red bird beat Tatum last week, Tatum might have a thing for red.

you might be able to sell this theory to a Sabine Cardinal. And to add to the theory a red bird beat Tatum last week, Tatum might have a thing for red.

Well, we're neither a Cardinal, nor are we the color red, but I can tell you one thing, SH is gonna give GladeH2O all they can handle!

AOB,

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one!

You could be right. I would have picked this one a little bit closer,, just a difficult game to pick. If you guys beat Gladewater,, then I'll pick you close in all the rest of your games. Except when we come down there. LOL Just teasing.

Didn't you pick Gladewater in the Weekly Pick 'Em this week?

Yes I did, but that doesn't mean I want them to! Gladewater has a lot of talent to win this game, and it's going to be a great game! I am hoping that SH wins this game, but I know how good the Bears are!