🔒 UIL REALIGNMENT MEGATHREAD 🔒

SptsEd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a $ standpoint, I would not be shocked if Longview has the option of 4A vs 5A to select 4A. Let's be real the LOBOS have and always will play anyone anywhere, but reality does play a role in $ decisions and Longview can be a great program at any level, but 2-3 trips to DFW in the regular season and then even more in the play-offs. 4A to me seems to be the right choice if it is there.

It's tradition for Longview to play in the largest classification. I'm trying to avoid 4A by all means because I personally hated it down there. Longview ISD is in no shortage of $$$ so travel isn't the issue.

I think the fans just don't want to drive. Might as well not attend the playoff games if you're not willing to drive.

I think the fans just don't want to drive. Might as well not attend the playoff games if you're not willing to drive.

1) There's a difference between driving 2+ hours on a Friday and 2+ hours on a Saturday.

2) There's also a difference between driving that amount for a district game, that you're expecting to win in blow out fashion, and for a playoff game, where you season is on the line and you won't play again if don't win.

Well Westwood and Tatum are in the same boat with 448. Those are pretty low numbers to be in 3a.

Are those official numbers? I had heard Westwood had increased about 60 kids.If they are at 448 I think 2a will be a calling.

It's tradition for Longview to play in the largest classification. I'm trying to avoid 4A by all means because I personally hated it down there. Longview ISD is in no shortage of $$$ so travel isn't the issue.

I bet if coach King knew ole Wolfie wanted to stay 5A then he would check that BOX.... ought to call and let him know!

I think it is nieve and shallow for you to make that statement.

LISD financials are not infinite as you would like to believe. Also, as a taxpayer in LISD, my expectations are that the Administration and elected school board be good stewards of the money. To spend addtional money just to play football at the highest classification is not a wise decision. You have to look at the other sports as well.

You also have to look at the distances that are traveled by the fans and most of all the family of the players, band, cheerleaders, Viewettes....etc. Most of the elderly relatives cannot make that drive and if so, not on a consistent basis. Not to mention over the last few years the impact to the average fan with the cost of fuel and some not gainfully employeed.

I myself would love to see the Lobos go back to 4a.. it is a financial gain as other schools around East Texas in that classification support there schools which means pack house at not only football games, but the other sports as well.

Also, Tradition is not about what classification you play in... it is about what the school and organization stand for.

LISD financials are not infinite as you would like to believe. Also, as a taxpayer in LISD, my expectations are that the Administration and elected school board be good stewards of the money. To spend addtional money just to play football at the highest classification is not a wise decision. You have to look at the other sports as well.

You also have to look at the distances that are traveled by the fans and most of all the family of the players, band, cheerleaders, Viewettes....etc. Most of the elderly relatives cannot make that drive and if so, not on a consistent basis. Not to mention over the last few years the impact to the average fan with the cost of fuel and some not gainfully employeed.

I myself would love to see the Lobos go back to 4a.. it is a financial gain as other schools around East Texas in that classification support thier schools which means a pack house at not only football games, but the other sports as well.

Also, Tradition is not about what classification you play in...

Bear I was thinking the same thing. Except 8 team district to include Gregg County geographically. But I know 8 team districts in 3A are uncommon. Sorry I guess this should go on a realignment thread.

Kilgore

Henderson

Gilmer

Gladewater

Spring hill

Tatum

Chapel hill

Carthage

Looks competitive but i doubt it happens. District 17-3A only has 5 teams while district 16-3A has 6 teams. If Kilgore does drop 3A, the UIL is likely to move 1 team to district 17-3A in order to balance it out....if the 17-AAA district remains the same.

Wouldn't be surprised to see:

16-AAA

Gladewater

Gilmer

Spring Hill

Kilgore

Carthage

Pittsburg

17-AAA

Athens

Brownsboro

Bullard

Chapel Hill

Rusk

Henderson

I'd love to see some teams come back to 3A (Tatum, New Boston, Daingerfield, White Oak),.....I'd also like to see the UIL split 3A football districts with big school/small school prior to the start of the season like they've already done 1-A & 2-A. This would make teams like Spring Hill, Gladewater, and Pittsburg be small schools, where they could play teams like White Oak, Daingerfield, New Boston, and Tatum....teams similar to their size.....maybe just wishful thinking.

Looks competitive but i doubt it happens. District 17-3A only has 5 teams while district 16-3A has 6 teams. If Kilgore does drop 3A, the UIL is likely to move 1 team to district 17-3A in order to balance it out....if the 17-AAA district remains the same.

Wouldn't be surprised to see:

16-AAA

Gladewater

Gilmer

Spring Hill

Kilgore

Carthage

Pittsburg

17-AAA

Athens

Brownsboro

Bullard

Chapel Hill

Rusk

Henderson

I'd love to see some teams come back to 3A (Tatum, New Boston, Daingerfield, White Oak),.....I'd also like to see the UIL split 3A football districts with big school/small school prior to the start of the season like they've already done 1-A & 2-A. This would make teams like Spring Hill, Gladewater, and Pittsburg be small schools, where they could play teams like White Oak, Daingerfield, New Boston, and Tatum....teams similar to their size.....maybe just wishful thinking.

Daingerfield is not coming back to 3A anytime soon. Numbers are firmly in 2A and not likely to increase.

I myself would love to see the Lobos go back to 4a.. it is a financial gain as other schools around East Texas in that classification support there schools which means pack house at not only football games, but the other sports as well.

Also, Tradition is not about what classification you play in... it is about what the school and organization stand for.

Well said !!

(Sorry for the delay but I just now arrived in San Angelo)

Please send me your OFFICIAL snapshot day number that will be turned into the UIL for realignment.

I will be keeping a list that will be a combination of both greater East and Central Texas as I get them:

I am not going to put down a number unless I hear it directly from a coach or administrator.

***One note, I'm driving to San Angelo for my talk show and game broadcast tonight, so there will be approximately 3-4 hours of lag until I can update anything new***

So far, I've received:

Alba-Golden (264)

Alto (171)

A&M Consolidated (2,577)

Apple Springs (75)

Arp (284)

Axtell (179.5)

Belton (2,538)

Big Sandy (198)

Blooming Grove (257)

Blue Ridge (186)

Bosqueville (183)

Bremond (125)

Brownsboro (870)

Brownwood (947)

Bruceville-Eddy (265)

Buffalo (259)

Bryan (2,400)

Caddo Mills (444)

Callisburg (144)

Cameron Yoe (409)

Cayuga (199)

Center (624)

Centerville (229)

Chapel Hill (961)

China Spring (698)

Chilton (143)

Clarksville (210)

Cleburne (1,750)

Clifton (325)

Colmesneil (161)

Como-Pickton (213)

Cooper (239)

Copperas Cove (2,216)

Corrigan-Camden (277)

Corsicana Mildred (238)

Cranfills Gap (32)

Crockett (307)

Cross Roads (180)

Daingerfield (356)

DeKalb (242)

DeSoto (2,832)

Dublin (301)

Elkhart Slocum (114)

Elysian Fields (289.5)

Fairfield (490)

Florence (337)

Frankston (206)

Frost (91)

Garrison (201)

Gatesville (821)

Gilmer (629)

Goldthwaite (188)

Grand Saline (306)

Grapeland (154)

Groveton (204)

Gunter (292)

Hallsville (1,274)

Hamilton (236)

Harker Heights (2,440.5)

Harleton (184)

Harmony (348)

Hawkins (205)

Hearne (278)

Hemphill (267)

Henderson (888)

Hico (186)

Holland (179)

Honey Grove (165)

Hooks (347)

Hubbard (127)

Hughes Springs (288)

Huntington (544)

Itsaca (199)

Jacksonville (1,171)

Jarrell (265)

Jasper (729)

Joaquin (199)

John Tyler (1,873)

Jonesboro (48)

Kaufman (998)

Kemp (439)

Kennedale (967)

Kerens (174)

Kilgore (968)

Killeen High (2,192.5)

Killeen Ellison (2,512)

Killeen Shoemaker (2,307)

Kirbyville (425)

Kopperl (64)

Lampasas (979)

Leon (199)

Lexington (282)

Leverett's Chapel (55)

Longview (2000)

Lindsay (171)

Little River-Academy (347)

Lone Oak (299)

Longview (2,000)

Lorena (514)

Lovelady (138)

Lufkin (2,128)

Mabank (946)

Madisonville (616)

Malakoff (310)

Marlin (285)

Mart (170)

Maud (146)

Maypearl (309)

McGregor (362)

Meridian (149)

Mesquite (2,811)

Mesquite Horn (2,219)

Mesquite Poteet (1,594)

Mexia (583)

Milford (47)

Mount Enterprise (115)

Mount Vernon (408)

Muenster (142)

Nacogdoches (1,765)

New Boston (390)

New Diana (294)

Newton (300)

Normangee (144)

North Lamar (892)

North Mesquite (2,493)

Oakwood (59)

Oglesby (45)

Ore City (218)

Overton (150)

Palestine (802)

Palestine Westwood (448.5)

Palmer (319)

Paul Pewitt (293)

Pittsburg (660)

Pleasant Grove (593)

Prairiland (354)

Prosper (1,257)

Queen City (320)

Rains (517)

Redwater (362)

Rice (253)

Riesel (204)

Rivercrest (204)

Rosebud-Lott (231)

Royse City (1,213)

Rusk (570)

Sabine (339)

Salado (444)

San Augustine (183)

Shelbyille (195)

Sherman (1,710)

Simms Bowie (194)

Snook (131)

Spring Hill (507)

Stephenville (1,001)

Sulphur Springs (1,160)

Sunnyvale (372)

Tatum (448)

Teague (317)

Temple (2,214)

Tenaha (124)

Texas High (1,956)

Timpson (161)

Tom Bean (247)

Trinidad (44.5)

Trinity (299)

Troup (317)

Troy (382)

Tyler Lee (2,531)

Union Grove (238)

Valley Mills (192)

Waco Connally (598)

Waco High (1,479)

Waco La Vega (756)

Waco Midway (2,127)

Waco University (1,431.5)

Walnut Springs (53)

Waskom (234)

West (501)

West Mesquite (1,835)

Whitewright (226)

White Oak (412.5)

Winnsboro (394)

Winona (290)

Woodville (335)

Wortham (147)

Thank you.

David Smoak

ESPN-Central Texas

Smoaky.com

If they don't split the 3A districts prior to the start of the season, they at least need to let 2 schools go D1 and 2 schools go D2. Presently 3A D1 is the only division to send one school. Sending 2 schools in D1 would help to even out the Division that has the largest unfair #s. 300 or 400 make more difference in the smaller #s that if there is 900 or over in the division.

But please keep the VB and FB the same teams in a district. Playing VB in one town and FB in another town on the same night doesn't make much

• Mr. P locked this topic