112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Carthage
    • Henderson

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson is averging almost 50 points a game,, so I dont think that it will be a low scoring game for henderson. There offense is just that good, scary good1

We just have to limit how many points we give up. We have to play mistake free football for all 4 quarters. We almost had a compplete game last nite, but just came up short. I think our game last nite was our coming out game. The offense played their best game of the year, we had alot more consistency on offense, especially in the 2nd half.

I think being at home will helps us after 3 away games. This is a rivalry game and there is no telling how this game will turn out.

Trust me I will be the first to admit Henderson won't score 50 on carthage. Henderson will win but it will closer than most expect. Anywhere from a 1 pt to 2 touchdown win at most for henderson.

Better hope that Carthage defense don't get to Barnes, They have already taken out two qb's this year, ours and Gilmers. lol

Both scrambling q.b.'s.. But is there a little ditternes going on?

Bitterness or dirtiness? I don't know which your trying to spell? If it's dirtiness than NO I don't think Carthage is playing dirty. The CH qb got hurt on just a random tackle that just happen to hurt his ankle. If your trying to spell bitterness than I'm not touching that subject since it refers to people being bitter over seeing a 16-18 yr old player hurt or not hurt.

Henderson wins in this game. If it wasn't sr night in CH I would have liked to come out for this one.

Better hope that Carthage defense don't get to Barnes, They have already taken out two qb's this year, ours and Gilmers. lol

you aint kidding. if gilmer's qb is really out for season.....gonna be tough for them. there no chapel hill....but they arent gonna stop for nobody

Bitterness or dirtiness? I don't know which your trying to spell? If it's dirtiness than NO I don't think Carthage is playing dirty. The CH qb got hurt on just a random tackle that just happen to hurt his ankle. If your trying to spell bitterness than I'm not touching that subject since it refers to people being bitter over seeing a 16-18 yr old player hurt or not hurt.

Henderson wins in this game

+1

Who did ya'll blame in your loss last nite,, just asking?

The LIONS..Simply, they were better. I doubted their ability too. The Dawgs will have their chance..

I don't make excuses when Pitt is beaten by a better team..I just came on and ate my crow...

As far as this week for you guys, I am not here to say you can't win, that story will tell itself, but leave Pitt out of it..That game is over--you got a break--now move on. Carthage has a good coach and well behaved players that play hard.. Good Luck to both teams

Who did ya'll blame in your loss last nite,, just asking?

Henderson just beat Pitt and beat them badly. No excuses unlike some Carthage fans saying that they got homecooking last Friday and just didn't play well against Pitt. Henderson too quick off the ball on both sides. Henderson by at least 18.

Let me see,,,Carthage played all the way to the last play to beat Pitt. Then the very next week, they did everything possible to try to beat Gilmer, and almost pulled it off. What does this mean? It means they are a very good football team, have the players and coaching to execute their game plan. But it also means they have reached their pinnacle of improvement, and will not play any better than they have already. I think Henderson is positioned for these last games with Carthage & Gilmer, and will take this win by 2 tds or more. The Lion will roar, and the Bulldawg will just bark.

Been around Henderson vs Carthage for a lot of years. Fans, players, cheerleaders, band members and their families from both towns know each other. BIG game. Henderson returned a lot of players from State Championship team, Carthage not so many. If Henderson wins the game, they are not beating the team they played last year. If Carthage wins they will beat the team that Carthage played last year. Henderson is good! With that being said; you can throw the records, scores, and anything else you want to out of the window. Going to be a slobber knocker.........always has been..........I'M A HOMER......DAWGS WIN! if even by one point.

Carthage fans get there early for the honoring and introduction of the Carthage Bulldog team of 1991 before the game. This team went undefeated (15-1) to the State Championship, losing to then 4A Texas A&M Consolidated Tigers 35-16 in the Astrodome.

Key Players that year:

QB - Joey Blissett

WR - Anthony Pope

WR - Anthony Williams

RB - Donnie Graves

RB - Marlon Bolton

OL - Michael McNatt

OL - Lynn Burleson

RB - Brandon Milam

1991 Carthage Bulldogs

Carthage 41 Palestine 7

Carthage 34 Jacksonville 6