• St. Louis in 4
    • St. Louis in 5
    • St. Louis in 6
    • St. Louis in 7

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the team with the best record have home field? They way the MLB has it set up by who wins the All Star Game, to me don't seem fair. Texas wins the AL West (96-66) and St. Louis, (90-72), barely get in as a NL wildcard, with some help, and their the home team, whatever! Rangers will win regardless

I'm not a fan of the All-Star Game deciding home field advantage in the World Series, either. The Selig-instituted rule comes as a result of the debacle in the 2002 All-Star Game, which ended in an extra-inning tie. Ironically, in the rule's first year of existence in 2003, Hank Blalock's game winning HR off Eric Gagne gave the Yankees home field advantage, but they promptly lost the Series to the Marlins and Josh Beckett in six games.

Thank goodness, Tateyama (the Japanese word for "home") and Uehara (the Japanese word for "run") were left off the World Series roster and replaced with Lowe and Treanor.

There still forecasting cold, windy and rainy? That'll make things interesting. Cant wait till the real "boys of fall" take the field tonight.

Amen, brother!

Treanor is an interesting move. Must be planning on alot of Napoli at first and Torrealba catching? What happens with Michael now? Third if Beltre's leg isnt any better?

Actually, Treanor is an insurance policy behind the plate so that Torrealba can be freed up to DH while Napoli catches, or vice versa. That way, if the C gets injured, Wash can keep his DH while inserting Treanor behind the dish. That's the logic. I like it.

Actually, Treanor is an insurance policy behind the plate so that Torrealba can be freed up to DH while Napoli catches, or vice versa. That way, if the C gets injured, Wash can keep his DH while inserting Treanor behind the dish. That's the logic. I like it.

Thats a good lineup when he runs it out there. Heck that lineup sewed up the division after the all star break. I was just thinking if he tried it in St. Lou.