• St. Louis in 4
    • St. Louis in 5
    • St. Louis in 6
    • St. Louis in 7

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few things that went wrong last night. Pitchers got behind in the count, leading to walks. We didn't hit with RISP. LaRussa managed the NL game to perfection and the Cardinals made plays when they had to. But, with all that it was still a good game that could have gone either way. The Rangers are going to be alright and if last night is any indication then the series is going to be a good one. I could see the Rangers really erupting tonight and putting a lot of runs on the board.

I felt one of the biggest plays in the game was Kinsler's CS in the 1st. Molina didn't have the greatest pitch to handle and still made the play fairly easily. This not only snuffed out an early opportunity for the Rangers, but may affect how much they choose to run the rest of the way.

It was a busted hit and run. Andrus couldn't even foul off the pitch, and since it wasn't a straight steal, Kinsler didn't get a huge jump. I would've liked to have either seen just a straight steal there, or maybe even the sac from Andrus. Regardless, that's why I'm here, and Wash is in the dugout.

I still don't understand how the 1B umpire didn't see that foul ball come off Beltre's foot in the ninth. He's focused in on the hitting zone there, watching for check swings, so how he didn't see that, I'll never know. I'm not saying that's to blame - far from it - but I just don't understand how he couldn't have seen it. Umpires...

I still don't understand how the 1B umpire didn't see that foul ball come off Beltre's foot in the ninth. He's focused in on the hitting zone there, watching for check swings, so how he didn't see that, I'll never know. I'm not saying that's to blame - far from it - but I just don't understand how he couldn't have seen it. Umpires...

The guy on the game Splinter Cell would of seen it. Was that cool or what seeing it in infraed view.

I think wash was outcoached, but it is alot different coaching in the NL. Has wash ever coached or played in the NL.

He will do what he do, make adjustments. His bishop was knocked out, but he will have more moves to play.

LETS GO RANGERS

get real people he made a decision that doesnt look good now , but if it had worked he would have been a genius

the game was lost by the whole : too many walks gave up the runs , too many no hits in scoring situtions, and a bad call or two at homeplate

remember this guy that everyone is throwing under the bus is the one that got the hear

Should it have been foul? What do yall think?

Despite that ball first bouncing in foul terrirtory, the fact that it went back into fair ground and passed first base in fair ground qualifies it as a fair ball. The only way it would've been ruled foul, after striking foul ground, is if a Rangers player had touched the ball before it re-entered fair territory. In the infield, fair/foul isn't strictly a matter of which side of the line the ball is on. It's a matter of which side its on when touched or when passing a corner bag.

I never saw the plate ask for help from 1B or 3B. Did I miss that? Had I been Washington, I would've come unglued simply because the plate wasn't asking for help on that play.

Wash needs to manage like he has all year. Don't worry about all of the switching hitters and pitchers until you absolutely have to. He played right into the Cardinals hand. Put your players in positions to succeed and they will execute. Josh is hurting at the plate. His injury is a lot more serious than they are saying by the looks of his swing. Let him be one of your pinch hitters late in the game. Maybe being able to rest for most of the game, he could get the big hit when you need it (like Kurt Gibson).

• infrared vision camera IS freaky!
  • I did not even realize that Esteban German was on the postseason roster
  • One freaky game - with the Cardinals getting all the breaks - in a best-of-seven series and the Rangers lose by only one run
  • The Fox Honks (Buck & McCarver) are STILL mispronouncing Elvis Andrus’ name ... ARGH!
  • Wash needs to stick to what he knows & stop trying to out-National League LaRussa
  • GO GET 'EM COLBY