• Texas in 4
    • Texas in 5
    • Texas in 6
    • Texas in 7
    • St. Louis in 4
    • St. Louis in 5
    • St. Louis in 6
    • St. Louis in 7

Wash is a stand up guy so i'm sure he will take full responsibility for this even though it wasn't ALL his fault

As I stated specifically in the last sentence of my post, he should shoulder MOST of the blame. Whether he decides to admit he could've managed it differently, who knows.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Rangers fan and so my thoughts or opinions couldn't be any more objective. With that being said, I agree wholeheartedly with your opinions on how this series ended. I watched in amazement when Washington allowed Lewis to hit with the bases loaded. Wash had the opportunity to drive a stake in the hearts of the Cardinals and he chose to put his faith in a pitcher who never gets to hit. Obviously, he had no confidence in his bullpen. And when he brought in Holland, I literally laughed. Rather than considering the possibility that Holland could be used in Game 7, at the first sign of trouble from Harrison, Wash chose to fire his Holland bullet prematurely. In doing so, at the point he did it, he (again) demonstrated to his bullpen that he had no confidence in them.

Every other manager in MLB would live and die with a closer as talented as Feliz. I guess Wash doesn't value the closer he has. As loyal as he seems to be, that decision just made zero sense.

If I were a Rangers fan, I would be very upset and not just happy to have been there. Once the Phillies and Yankees lost in the playoffs, the Rangers path to a title couldn't have been more manageable.

Immortal nailed it with his assessment. The series was lost in Game 6 and Washington should shoulder most all of the blame.

Thank you, sir! I couldn't agree more. Be careful, some on here are very touchy about anyone having an opinion which may be critical of RW, however correct you may be.

Remember people, this started because a couple of posters got their panties in a twist because they didn't like my OPINION! To dang bad, everyone's posts are their opinion and are no more right or wrong than anyone else's. If you can't handle a differing opinion, go read a Women's Day magazine and stay off Smoaky. (/end rant)

As I stated specifically in the last sentence of my post, he should shoulder MOST of the blame. Whether he decides to admit he could've managed it differently, who knows.

He probably will. I like the guy....none of my criticisms were personal, but the bottom line is that he JACKED up game 6.

my last post on this. congrats to the Cards and their fans. this was a great series. the best baseball has had in a long time. it was a good, clean and fun series.

congrats to the Rangers on a great season. the pieces are there for another run. a little more pitching will do nothing but help. they are a very good team from top to bottom and very fun to watch. i can't wait for the 2012 season. i watched the Rangers through the lean years and it was tough. i couldn't be more proud of what this team has accomplished the last 2 years.

Ron didn't throw the pitch by Feliz, the pitch by Feldman and the pitch by Lowe. some people amaze me

No he didn't, but he is the manager of the team. He lives and dies by his selection of pitchers on the mound. He's not a paid cheerleader, that's Captains job. His job is to have his "Aces in their places", and if they're not performing to expectations, a manager brings in the right man for the job. You listed three people that he tried to use, and didn't even include Darren Oliver who shouldn't even be on the roster. I understand the feelings of many old time Rangers fans from the 90's when Oliver was on the mound. Johnny Oates tried to make him a starter, but he's an average arm. Needless to say, the Cardinals have another ring, and the Rangers still don't have one. After being sick over the loss of game 6, I'd be angry and calling for heads if I were a diehard Ranger fan. I am extremely unhappy with what happened with New York this post-season. It's time to open up that pocket book, and bring in some cash money. If New York could only get rid of that piece of trash that we were conned into by the Rangers.

Second-guessing managerial moves is a popular hobby. LaRussa certainly had me scratching my head a few times. Managers try to put their players in situations or create matchups that give them the best chance of success. It's a percentages game. Even the "right" move doesn't work every time, you just hope it works most of the time. Conversely, there is no guarantee that the move someone thinks a manager should have made would have worked either.

I will now continue my final-day-of-the-MLB-season ritual of listening to "Boys Of Summer" by Don Henley

I also spent most of yesterday listening to Don Henley's "Boys of Summer." I've always enjoyed the Ataris' cover of the song, as well.

My period of mourning usually lasts for about two weeks when baseball ends, but I don't think two weeks is going to suffice for this heartache.

Tony LaRussa announced his retirement today. Congrats to Tony on an impressive managerial career and best wishes in retirement.

For a few posters on this thread that means one less thing to complain about in 2012. May also mean one less obstacle standing between the Rangers and a WS title.

Tony LaRussa announced his retirement today. Congrats to Tony on an impressive managerial career and best wishes in retirement.

For a few posters on this thread that means one less thing to complain about in 2012. May also mean one less obstacle standing between the Rangers and a WS title.

Don't worry, with CC re-signing with the Yankees on the same day that LaRussa retired, it got immediately replaced.

After all, the Rangers couldn't win in 2011 without Cliff Lee and his sub .500 Rangers performance, how can they win in 2012 without CC and his 0-0 Rangers record?