Coach of the year honors

BigRedFan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ch coach Sitton! There's not another coach who could deal with the injury bug like he has! Especially in a tough 3a world that east texas is. Pulling out wins against Carthage and lindale the way he did is impressive!

+1. This yr a heck of a coaching job by all the coaches so far. The last 2 seasons to only lose 2 games also says alot. Next yr will be a true test since well be young but I'm super excited regardless I beleive in these coaches and beleive in our boys.

It's been stated, but Rocky Baker and company at Price Carlisle should be on the list. Past 2 years they have won district championship, and this year they are 10-0. Not too long ago Price Carlisle set the state record for consecutive games not scoring a point and most consecutive losses.......Keep it rolling Tribe!

It's been stated, but Rocky Baker and company at Price Carlisle should be on the list. Past 2 years they have won district championship, and this year they are 10-0. Not too long ago Price Carlisle set the state record for consecutive games not scoring a point and most consecutive losses.......Keep it rolling Tribe!

Saw it with my own 2 eyes. Go INDIANS

I think coach Wayne Gandy of Joaquin should stand alone in this catagory cause he has brought a second year 2A team up to a .500 ballclub. He has installed a previously non-existin pass game to an alredy powerfully eplosiv offense. If the Rams move down to 1A next year and play in the Garison -Altoe District the Rams will likly run the tablez on them.

I think the Crockett coaching staff should be added to the list. The Bulldogs looked really bad at the first of the year with penalities, a young unsound defense, a offense that looked out of rhythm and kids not getting on the field for special teams. Now they are excelling at all levels of the game. Offense looks great and the defense just shut out a very very good offense in Malakoff. If they keep getting better and working hard in practice through the playoffs who knows what could happen. I'm not tooting their horn like everyone did last year and say they will win state but I'm just impressed with what all Paul Parsons has done at the school.

:rolleyes: totally a "HOMER" pick :blush:

However, my vote is for Coach Sitton at Chapel Hill.

My reasoning is this:

1-Class in games

2-Respect toward opponents, coaches and players

3-Leadership for the young men he coaches

4-Fortitude throughout this season and last

5-Skill, Strength and Understanding for what it takes to have a support staff with the same vision

Never once did his fortitude waver throughout this season of circumstance.

I sincerely hope we win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and that Coach Sitton will remain at Chapel Hill to be a

role model for more young men.

no brainer if you ask me. John King at Longview. It is really amazing what he has done at Longview as a head coach. 3 of those years he has done a whole lot with a little, talent wise. 8 straight district championships and counting.

Coach Sitton at Chapel Hill! He has not had a full team alll year until the last week of the season. He has kept them focused and maintained a level of calm amongst chaos. He makes his players believers in themselves and that creates confidence that you can not doubt.

Love those Bulldogs and experience from last season gives them an edge in the playoffs.

Baker at Carlisle

Bowman at Paris

Sitton at Chapel Hill

Harmony had a heck of a turn around.

Yea they don't make coaches with the passion and fire that baker has.

Ive watched Baker and Sitton on sidelines... would love to see their vitals hooked up to a monitor during a game.

• 1 month later...

Coach Seth Stinton from Melissa ISD

He and his crew took a group of young men that did not have a single super star among them and made them believe that if they worked together they could be champions.

They proved him right........................

Man you are correct about your statement. I like to go back and look at Texas Football and The Old Coach magazine and see just how they did on predicting the teams to win before the season and compare at end of season. Melissa came out of nowhere and won it all.

Lots of good coaching this past season by coaches keeping them with the winning ways but to win when no one knows you, really says something to me. Some are expected to win and nothing should be taken away from that but to come out of nowhere really takes the prize for me.