Whitehouse - Sherman 1st round

tige9er

Battle of the Maroon, White!

Sherman has played 2 good QB's this year and it didn't end well. But or D is playing better and we have had a pick 6 in all district game. Sherman's offense has gotten better as the year has gone on. Like most playoffs games anymore, who will out score who. Sherman has the better athletes and speed, but Whitehouse has the better QB (its not even close).

I am going with Sherman for only one reason, they have had 3 weeks to prepare for Whitehouse.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle of the Maroon, White!

Sherman has played 2 good QB's this year and it didn't end well. But or D is playing better and we have had a pick 6 in all district game. Sherman's offense has gotten better as the year has gone on. Like most playoffs games anymore, who will out score who. Sherman has the better athletes and speed, but Whitehouse has the better QB (its not even close).

I am going with Sherman for only one reason, they have had 3 weeks to prepare for Whitehouse.

Can you say that for a fact?

You do realize this game might not take place....isn't Hallsville bigger than Whitehouse? If they win Friday and J'ville loses to JT doesn't that put Hallsville in the playoffs and WH in Div 2?

JT (2046.5)

Nac (1690)

Marshall (1583)

PT (1343)

WH (1323)

Halls (1240)

Jax (1128)

Kilgore (994)

Yep

You are a man of few words! I know that you are tremendously knowledgeable about the sport. This seems like an interesting matchup to me. What do you see in these two teams that leads you to believe that Sherman has the "better athletes and speed?" I'm not saying that I disagree at all, I'd just like to hear your analysis.

JT (2046.5)

Nac (1690)

Marshall (1583)

PT (1343)

WH (1323)

Halls (1240)

Jax (1128)

Kilgore (994)

you are right. Unless there is a new school that opens within each ISD to affect the enrollment, you go with the enrollment from the realignment day. So in this case the numbers from oct.2009 (for 2010-2012) will be the numbers used.

http://www.uiltexas....Regulations.pdf

So div.1 is set. WH vs Sherman, JT vs T-High.

So no losing on purpose (Whitehouse) to fall in Div 2 like you guys did a few yrs ago to get Nac in. Although,honestly it was a good move. They would have played Texas High that yr in the 1st round which would have probably been a lost. Instead you guys went Div 2 and went 3 rounds deep.

Both teams are really good and have athletes. The sole reason I give the edge to Sherman is the Harvey kid. He should be back and he is a STUD. If whitehouse can limit him and create turnovers they could pull out a win. Harvey is the key.

That is really good news that Joseph Harvey will be back! He is a great young man and a terrific athlete in so many roles for the Bearcats. J.T. Luper is excellent also and has done a really fine job in Harvey's place.

Looking at the common opponent, Sulphur Springs this season by both teams; SS put up 70 on Whitehouse and 21 on Sherman, so it doesn't seem like this game should even be close. I don't know anything about Whitehouse this season but it sounds like they have a high-flying offense which should make for a very entertaining game...

Looking at the common opponent, Sulphur Springs this season by both teams; SS put up 70 on Whitehouse and 21 on Sherman, so it doesn't seem like this game should even be close. I don't know anything about Whitehouse this season but it sounds like they have a high-flying offense which should make for a very entertaining game...

Yes, but if i remember right Whitehouse put up 49 on SS and Sherman only 14.

a3au7.jpg

Hey, I thought it was a smart move.

I just looked at the standings, Texas High is 5-1 in district, and Sherman is 4-1. T-High is done for the season. Sherman has one more game left. If Sherman loses to Greenville, Texas High is District Champs. Which means, Sherman would play John Tyler.

Hey, I thought it was a smart move.

I just looked at the standings, Texas High is 5-1 in district, and Sherman is 4-1. T-High is done for the season. Sherman has one more game left. If Sherman loses to Greenville, Texas High is District Champs. Which means, Sherman would play John Tyler.

Unless Sulphur Springs loses to Royse City, wouldn't that leave them tied with Texas High for the District Championship? As I see it, Greenville is much improved at this point in the season, and they have some good athletes, BUT there is no way that I see Sherman losing to them!! That would have to be some real Halloween trickery! Does anyone know what position the newest transfer (Kolby Milner) will play this Friday? He was an awesome running back at Bells, but I'm sure he could play many positions. I wonder if there will be big transition going from 2A to 4A?