Beckville Bearcats playoff site.

Doomer

Bearcats  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bearcats win in the playoffs?

• Bearcats win
    • Bearcats lose
    • Might win might lose

The Bearcats (2-7) have struggled at times but at other times have been brilliant.....ie....Cushing (36-13)and Union Hill(48-16). Beckville also has been the only team to score on Tenaha for their last 6 games. Is that a sign things are turning around?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckville should consider themselves lucky that they are in such a small district, and that one of those teams in that small district is worse than they are...

Likewise, it doesn't say much for the teams in that district with better records, either.

Likewise, it doesn't say much for the teams in that district with better records, either.

So explain to us how this is so? Oh wait a minute let me get ready to hear how it's all our fault we have a four team distric and no competetion...........................Ok I'm ready.

I don't think that's a valid argument, considering that one of those teams will more than likely win state...

Plus, you can still take into account their records outside of district, which still says a lot more for the stronger teams in that district.

I know it was last year, BUT, at the end of the regular season Mt Enterprise had a record of 3-7 I believe(only 1 more win than Beckville), but still went 3-5 rounds deep and ended up with either a .500 record or 1 win above .500 and everybody seems to forget. Not saying Beckville will make it to .500 or even win thier first playoff game, but it is not the players fault that they are in a 4 team district and all you need is 1 district win to make the playoffs. Teams with 2-8 or 3-7 records make the playoffs all the time.

I know it was last year, BUT, at the end of the regular season Mt Enterprise had a record of 3-7 I believe(only 1 more win than Beckville), but still went 3-5 rounds deep and ended up with either a .500 record or 1 win above .500 and everybody seems to forget. Not saying Beckville will make it to .500 or even win thier first playoff game, but it is not the players fault that they are in a 4 team district and all you need is 1 district win to make the playoffs. Teams with 2-8 or 3-7 records make the playoffs all the time.

I believe it was 4 rounds, but I may be wrong there. And I would agree with what ur saying. But I think mt e improved drastically as the year progressed, u just couldn't see that in their record. They also caught a few breaks in their playoff games. I don't think Beckville has really shown much improvement throughout the season, and more than likely they will meet up with a pretty tough first round team. Stranger things have happened, but I don't see Beckville being last years mt enterprise...