Elysian Fields vs Cooper

SteelJacket

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to go to the last two games..........how is EF's offense so predictible now? I am pretty sure that the coaching staff has done a great job all season........seems as if some of you arent pleased with the decisions being made. EF has doubled last years win total.........I doubt this is a fluke. I had been hering that the coaching staff at EF had turned the corner. This is not intended to get things crazy on here. Just want to know what you think could be done differently.

I think it's just some of our fans think that our offense is not Playing like they did at the first of the season and not happy at our play calling

Man I sure want to but my Daughter has a basketball game in RW. I will be keeping up on SDC and rooting for you guys!

Ok thank for rooting us on we need it to b honest I'm just glad to have maid it to the playoff we have not been sense we played the state championship game in 07

Haven't been able to go to the last two games..........how is EF's offense so predictible now? I am pretty sure that the coaching staff has done a great job all season........seems as if some of you arent pleased with the decisions being made. EF has doubled last years win total.........I doubt this is a fluke. I had been hering that the coaching staff at EF had turned the corner. This is not intended to get things crazy on here. Just want to know what you think could be done differently.

In three games we were only able to score one offensive TD. We did score three aginst Waskom, but everybody else in the district scored at least 30 on them. Yes we have improved a lot from last year when we were playing with mostly soph, and fresh.. It is a very fine line between success and failure, slight differences can result in positive or negative results. Coaching staff is working hard, players are working hard, sometimes it's that little intangable that you just can't put your finger on that is the difference, sometimes you get stuck in a rut. We have also had some injuries that have hurt as well. I could name numerous things that need working on, and I am also sure the coaches are aware of them as well, thats pretty easy, fixing them is a lot bigger challange. I don't know what the odds are to win a state championship with 100+ teams in your division, but I bet they are pretty high. Heck, look at the NFL, and their is only 32 teams. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is frusrated as well, they just can't/don't/won't get on here and vent. lol.

None of my business, just a reminder. I would not base ANYTHING on the LK game! They are a pretty darn good team. They play tough. Stay behind them coaches and kids. Good things ahead for EF.

Hey, any insight you have is welcome here..... eh......um.....til we meet again anyway. lol. LK was good, our defense did eveything we needed them to do to win, our offense just could'nt get it done. I would say holding LK to 12 pts, you should be able to win, I think EF and Harleton were the only teams to score less than 12 on them. Nobody but Atlanta held them to less (9) not even HS's good defense. I guess we lost the battle and won the war, but it is very worrisome.

Jacketparent... No where in my first post did I say anything negative about our coaches... We think they have done a great job... We have won more games this year with a very young team than we have in four years!... Just think we need a few surprises so we can try and put a few more points on the scoreboard!!... I support our coaches and players ALL THE WAY!!... GO JACKETS!!!... And jacketparent, everyone throws a few new wrinkles in during the play-offs...maybe you are interpreting my post wrong!!

DeKalb played Cooper and won 21-7.......besides our 7 turn over showing (and I use the term loosely) against New Boston, it was our worst performance of the year IMO.........we had just lost a key lineman to an injury and his replacement did a decent job considering it was a learning experience for him, but IMO it hurt our offensive effort........all that said, Cooper was a scrappy team who scored the first touchdown against us in 5 games since we beat Hooks 41-14. While I don't know anything about EF besides reading the stats, if the posts in here are true, and they are having a difficult time on offense, I can see Cooper winning by 10. The stats look like EF should win it, but I'm going against the stats "line" and taking Cooper.

Gatorodo I'm going to say Cooper too cause EF offense #### they keep the best players on the side line I look at three films on them they can not move the ball into they get them off the bench I don't understand EF coaches other teams put a lot of points up they can't EF defense keep them in the game they only put up 21 vs waskom ore city put up 62 EF put up 6 on LK Ore city put up 35 you see what I'm talking about EF want their offense to make the big play to keep them in the game and when it fail they in trouble

All I got to say is our offense really have been struggling to put up points but they had a few bang up players so now it's playoff time they will turn it on and start back to playing Elysian fields yellow jackets football I hope

Look it's no secret that the O has been struggling to put up points. The White Oak, Frankston game is what we were all waiting for but besides the OC game the points have been hard to come by. The Waskom game was a flag fest but we did seem to find a running game with #34. I will agree with Big play...#11 has to be in the game as much as possible he is one of the best athletes we have and even if he doesn't get the ball he is still a threat that has to be respected which would open up the game for other players. EF posters on here have said it "We are a young team"....but we have had 12 weeks to grow up and find what it takes to win. I am one of many Jacket fans that have been waiting since the 07 season to return to the playoff's, so IMO put the best 11 on O and the best 11 on D and leave it all out there BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEXT FRIDAY UNLESS U WIN!

Gatorodo I'm going to say Cooper too cause EF offense #### they keep the best players on the side line I look at three films on them they can not move the ball into they get them off the bench I don't understand EF coaches other teams put a lot of points up they can't EF defense keep them in the game they only put up 21 vs waskom ore city put up 62 EF put up 6 on LK Ore city put up 35 you see what I'm talking about EF want their offense to make the big play to keep them in the game and when it fail they in trouble

lobbying for playing time?

Stinger 1 you right bout you need to keep your best player on the field as much as you can even just because he a threat i mean he on the side line too much when Ef on offense and that hurts IMO I don't judge coaches cause they are our coaches but if us as fan can see what's going on what do you think the other team is doing

Our Jackets will be fine... Their offense has been good enough to win 8 games combined with our defensive play!... We have had some injuries and hopefully everyone will be ready to go Friday!... Just think if we add a few new wrinkles to our offense...get all our injured players back...and keep playing good defense we will win this game by a couple of tds!... Lets go Jackets!!

Cooper's been a little inconsistent this year... They just hadn't quite gel'd yet.. Cooper is young this year, they have alot of sophomores & juniors out there.. I haven't seen EF.. But I'll tell ya what jackets.. Even if your boys come in & play their "A" game, they're still gonna get all they want from Cooper.. & if they come in not taking Cooper serious just cause they're 5-5... Cooper will win this game & may win it convincingly .. Cooper has speed all over at the skill positions.. & have SEVERAL backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field at any moment.. My prediction COOPER 27 EF 14

Bulldog our defense has been on point all season I can promise you EF defense will not give up 27 points to Cooper and in all seriousness EF will win this game and I don't care if it's by 1 point!

Easy Bulldog EF will more than welcome the challenge. 1st I know nothing about Cooper other than you guys are a 5-5 team with the 5 wins being over teams with a combined record of 16 & 34.

Wolf City 4-6

Prairiland 3-7

Chisum 1-9

Como-Pickton 5-5

Rivercrest 3-7

Not to mention getting beat 31-21 by a 2-7 Mt. Vernon team ( yea I know they are 3a). But IMO it looks like you guys might be the ones with your hands full.

Oh don't get me wrong stinger.. EF has the better body of work..they're 8-2 & I'm sure are gonna be favored to win this game, Cooper is 5-5 cause they've been to inconsistent at times, & you can't do that & beat good teams..& there's no doubt we gotta play one of our best games of the year to beat EF .. Just saying, don't be surprised if Cooper wins this game... This will be a very good game regardless of who wins.. I can tell ya it won't be anything like the 56-8 or whatever it was back in '97 lol... Man that was ugly

Nobody is going to discount Cooper because of 5-5 record, Hughes Springs, the winner of our district has a 5-5 record. If we knew who was going to win for sure, we could all save the gas. Don't let all our jawjacking about our offense make you over confident either, EF can score a lot of points, we also have a lot of talent. A lot of us EF fans are'nt happy if we're not scoring 30+ a game. I know what you mean about ugly games, we defeated 4 teams that beat us last year by pretty good margins.

Elysian Fields is 8-2 Cooper is 5-5, so what when Friday Night gets here both are 0-0. Elysian Fields has to establish a running game to be effective with the pass and before last Friday they didn't do that. Elysian Fields has a good group of receivers that can do damage when they get their hands on the ball. The QB has to check down more instead of throwing it to the 1st choice all the time. Several times in the Waskom game the number 2 and 3 guys were open. The running back did a nice job of finding the crease and getting positive yards. Cut down on the penalties and the Yellow Jackets should get the W.

Thanks SJ...I figured it probably was, but I's just checking.. Btw Cooper runs the wishbone alot

Thats so cool! In jr. high we ran the wishbone ( not going to say how long ago that was), I loved it. I did'nt know anybody still ran it, going to be exciting to see it again. lol. EF runs the multiple/variable I and the spread some.