Traylon Shead to transfer

crapshot

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. Plus with Gray coming in next year it is just going to get tougher to get touches.

I love how people strain muscles coming up with ways to be critical of Texas.

Not sure Gray sticks with this commit. Seeing what Brown is doing as a freshman, he may end up at Tech like his daddy! TCU is also an option too.

No doubt. Plus with Gray coming in next year it is just going to get tougher to get touches.

I love how people strain muscles coming up with ways to be critical of Texas.

You would think the kids would've have learned by now. Best kids don't always play UT is the equivalent of small town athletics (who you are or who you know....remember applewhite, Simms) anyway they promises to these kids they can't keep just so other schools won't get them. I just think kids are finally figuring it out. Good for Shead.

Not sure Gray sticks with this commit. Seeing what Brown is doing as a freshman, he may end up at Tech like his daddy! TCU is also an option too.

If he was smart he would. Surely his father has some guidance over him. Then again the money might be too much to turn down.

Gray and his dad both know that splitting time is the best for Gray's future. He carries the ball a ton for his HS team. He wants to split time. Anyone who think he'll de-commit because of splitting carries is naive.

Shead just got passed up on the depth chart by better backs. IMO Shead was a great 1a back but just didn't have the speed for quickness to make it at a big time program.

All in all Texas is clearing house getting rid of kids who don't completely buy into the new system and the way things are going to be. Jones transferred for family reasons if I am not mistaken.

Another example of Longhorns over recruiting...

Care to explain yourself. How can a school "over recruit"? Each school gets the same number of scholarships in Div I. Seems every school wants to get the best players they can. With injuries, grades, etc...., no school recruits a kid today to keep him off another team's rooster.

Some kids are overhyped and others are underhyped (see Colt McCoy).

I wish Traylon the best and appreciate his contributions to the UT program.

other kids do it all the time.. if u are a ball playa then u can play for or against anybody..

Name 5 other players who went from a 1a school to playing big in big time college football. I'm not talking about the kids who go play at Rice or other schools of that nature.

The best 1a player I can think of that made the transition was Brandon Everage who played for Granger then went on to be an all-american at Oklahoma.

Name 5 other players who went from a 1a school to playing big in big time college football. I'm not talking about the kids who go play at Rice or other schools of that nature.

The best 1a player I can think of that made the transition was Brandon Everage who played for Granger then went on to be an all-american at Oklahoma.

I am sure if someone really looked into it they could find several 1A players playing big at big programs...I know for a fact there are a ton of 2A players that have played big time ball and that list gets longer every year. Maybe someone should compare the number of big school kids that go D1 that do not make to the number of small school kids that do not make it when they are given a chance. You will find big numbers that are in favor of the big school kids but don't let the big numbers fool you run the percentages....not saying that small school kids are more likely to make if they are given a shot at D1 but the percentages are closer than you think.

Lane Johnson from Groveton class of 2007 when Groveton was 1A. Starting RT at Oklahoma. Will be a 1st rounder in the NFL.

David Oversteet - Big Sandy

Brian Gamble - Alto

Rodney Thomas - Groveton

Daryel Turner - Grapeland

Malcom Kennedy - Cayuga

Coach Love - Big Sandy

Lenored Davis - Worthom

Billy Sims - Hooks

There are many more that I could list but I think I have made my point. Shead is good but there is just alot of competion at UT. If he wants to play RB than I don't blame him for leaving. He could do like Whaley from Madisonville and change positions he is that good an athlete. The poblem with that is he wants to play RB. I wish he would go to SFA. This is selfess on my part because I would like to see him play and it is where I went to school.

Lol, this just cracks me up. "Over recruit?" GTFO. He wouldn't have touched the ball with Malcolm Williams/Joe Bergeron/Fozwhit Whittaker. And he sure woudn't have with Jonathan Gray coming next year to UT! I'm glad he's not staying, go play elsewhere because you obv weren't good enough to play at Texas!!!!! Hook'em 'Horns! Another classic example of someone who stands out in 1A but can't make it in the bigtime.