SULPHUR SPRINGS - HALLSVILLE...WHO U GOT?

SSWILDCATS98

SS - HALLSVILLE PREDICTIONS  

50 members have voted

1. 1. PREDICTIONS

• SS IN A BLOW OUT
    • HALLSVILLE IN A BLOW OUT
    • CAN GO EITHER WAY
    • SS BY 17
    • HALLSVILLE BY 7
    • SS IN A NAIL BIGHTER

Alright guys, im new to the forum, i've been an observer of smoaky since the 2008 wildcats season when they won state....so please excuse my noob attempt at this. I haven't seen anything started on this weeks game between the sulphur springs wildcats and hallsville. Who's your favorite, and what's the predictions. I'll start it off by stating,.... sulphur springs 42 hallsville 17

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the biggest threat that hallsville has? any particular players, offense, defense, or just old fashioned will? haven't heard or seen much regarding hallsville. I have heard that they are underestimated.....but what little there is out there between this matchup is pointing towards the blowout....looks hard to compare.

whats the biggest threat that hallsville has? any particular players, offense, defense, or just old fashioned will? haven't heard or seen much regarding hallsville. I have heard that they are underestimated.....but what little there is out there between this matchup is pointing towards the blowout....looks hard to compare.

not much, should have no problem.

Alright guys, im new to the forum, i've been an observer of smoaky since the 2008 wildcats season when they won state....so please excuse my noob attempt at this. I haven't seen anything started on this weeks game between the sulphur springs wildcats and hallsville. Who's your favorite, and what's the predictions. I'll start it off by stating,.... sulphur springs 42 hallsville 17

"Not so fast!"

How did you come up with this score?

Only 1 team in distict play scored over 35 points against Hallsville's defense. That team was John Tyler (14-4A District Champs) scoring 65. Hallsville's defense allowed an average of 29 points this year in district play. Not a beautiful number, but they don't straight up ####.

I haven't seen SS play, is there offense about as good as John Tyler's?

I think the last matchup was like 24-22 and SS was a big favorite. It was the year they won state if I remember correctly. Hallsville has been gaining momentum and getting better each week. Don't know that they will win but they will be in the game with a balanced offense and solid defense. Their biggest problem has been giving up the big play when they least need to. I wouldn't look for a real high scoring game unless SS defense just dominates. If they do then all bets are off.

Looking at SS scores from this year, the offense looks to be very good.

But I believe Hallsville's defense can hold them under 30.

The new Defensive Coordinator for Hallsville has done a great job this year and the players have been getting better each week. If Hallsville's defense comes out and plays against SS like they did against Nac and PT the past 2 weeks then I think Hallsville will get the W.

If Hallsville's defense comes out and plays against SS like they did against Nac and PT the past 2 weeks then I think Hallsville will get the W.

The bold is why they might have played so well...just sayin. :unsure:

Sulphur Springs has this one as long as they stay focused.

"Not so fast!"

How did you come up with this score?

Only 1 team in distict play scored over 35 points against Hallsville's defense. That team was John Tyler (14-4A District Champs) scoring 65. Hallsville's defense allowed an average of 29 points this year in district play. Not a beautiful number, but they don't straight up ####.

I haven't seen SS play, is there offense about as good as John Tyler's?

Because i believe the wildcats o-coordinator will finally take his head out of his butt and actually flip a few pages in the playbook, instead of closing his eyes and picking eenie-meenie-miney-moe.....and in doing so, the wildcats will finally see an increase in point production....the d-line is stout enough to hold a team like hallsville, but s.s. will have to control the ends of the line, otherwise sweeps and counters will be a big problem. turnovers have kept the games closer than they should have been, if s.s. hangs on to the ball, and gives up 2 or less turnovers, they win the game. Give up 4+ like they did against T-high, and this game will be close.

Wow. SS offense averages 440 yds a game and 40 pts. That staff scored a record 69 pts in a championship game. They had the #1 offense in the nation that year and do it a regular basis, with new players every year, reloading. SSWILDCATS98 are you one of those guys, I hope not! Thats ok, I bet Owens and staff show you!

I've been a big time supporter of coach O and his staff. They do a wonderful job and I hope they stick around for a long time.

Now for a little constructive criticism, this has not been their best year for "in game strategy". They've been very predictable, stubborn about running specific plays over and over (unsuccessfully), and have lacked "flow". It is very frustrating to see the same sweep on 3 consecutive first downs lose 5 yards or a delayed run up the middle on a 8 man front. I just want to see the same level creativity, courage, and strategy that they have made me accustomed to.

I've been a big time supporter of coach O and his staff. They do a wonderful job and I hope they stick around for a long time.

Now for a little constructive criticism, this has not been their best year for "in game strategy". They've been very predictable, stubborn about running specific plays over and over (unsuccessfully), and have lacked "flow". It is very frustrating to see the same sweep on 3 consecutive first downs lose 5 yards or a delayed run up the middle on a 8 man front. I just want to see the same level creativity, courage, and strategy that they have made me accustomed to.

well put.... i suppose that was what i was trying to say in a nutshell....but i suppose i should be more thurough....my bad rolleyes.gif

Wow. SS offense averages 440 yds a game and 40 pts. That staff scored a record 69 pts in a championship game. They had the #1 offense in the nation that year and do it a regular basis, with new players every year, reloading. SSWILDCATS98 are you one of those guys, I hope not! Thats ok, I bet Owens and staff show you!

im not "one of those guys" i just call it like i see it. however, the play calling imo as wildcats rule has mentioned, has been somewhat suspect, and if i were hallsville, i wouldn't need mrs. cleo to tell me what the next play would be. S.S. needs to mix some plays in that will take everyone off guard, you compare tapes from previous games, and all game plans are relatively close to being the same....that's fine against a greenville or royse city etc etc etc, but that won't cut it in the playoffs and will most likely get you beat, especially since this isn't the 08 championship team that could turn pure #### into gold no matter the play call. i simply mean, that if you can turn a page or two deeper into the playbook, mix it up, keep the D on their heels, i wouldn't think it impossible to achieve even higher numbers during the regular season and the same numbers during the playoffs against better opponents. And to top it all off, if owens can eliminate a few throwing mistakes (int's), the center does his job (t-high meltdown), and the d-ends can contain the edges, the wildcats are going to be hard to beat. I "wish" (being the keyword) that we could empliment some audibles on offense. That would cut way down on some of those hits in the backfield. There were times last week that at the very least a time out should be called because we all knew what the play was going to be, royse simply blitzed that side, and the play was stopped for a loss, an audible or timeout would help. Im just pointing out the obvious from all the games i've been to this year, which was almost all. And above all, they are a heck of alot better than the 98 wildcats team i was apart of.......by a mile!!!