Kilgore VS Lancaster 2nd Round Playoffs

KBulldognation

Has anyone seen Lancaster play this year? I can't find any info about them on the web.

Don't know much about them. They're primarily a running team and they like to run the option. They're starting QB sat out the 2nd half against Hutto due to an ankle injury, but there didn't appear to be much of a drop off in offensive production when his back up came in. They're going to be tough.

Don't know much about them. They're primarily a running team and they like to run the option. They're starting QB sat out the 2nd half against Hutto due to an ankle injury, but there didn't appear to be much of a drop off in offensive production when his back up came in. They're going to be tough.

you dont know much about them but they are going to be tough? and they are also more talented?????

you dont know much about them but they are going to be tough? and they are also more talented?????

Yes, that's what I said. Lancaster is 9-2, we are 7-4. I seriously doubt their district was as weak as ours. They beat a quality team in the 1st round, we beat a pushover. They will undoubtedly be tough. I don't know that they are more talented than us, but I'm pretty sure they will be as fast as anyone we've seen this year.

they run the ball 75-80% of the time.. they are pretty much old school.. kinda like kilgore

they run a WING T a lot

We ran a lot of it back when I was in high school for Kilgore from 2002-2006.

I'm hoping my old alma mater will play through Thanksgiving, I like to see my old D-Line coach now as the HC.

Don't count out Kilgore though ! We have played some quality teams ourself ! I must admit that yes I district wasn't tough as Lancasters ,but our district isn't one that you could just come into and think that you're just going to get an easy win ! We played a team with a lot of speed if y'all forgot ! JOHN TYLER ! And we fought neck and neck with them ! If we play like we did against JT I'm sure we can get past Lancaster ! Our boys have heart and I got faith in them to get passed this round !

GO DOGSS !!!!

Kilgore will have their hands full. Lancaster runs the pistol/spread offense. What the article someone previously posted did not say is that Lancaster has THREE quarterbacks. Their third string QB is a sophomore that led them to the play-offs last year after the starter was hurt early in the season. Someone said earlier said that Kilgores secondary is not that great. Well I'm sorry to say that means trouble when you have two possibly three D-I WRs. Lancaster has speed. They have won state the last 4 years in a row, and most of those kids play football. Lancaster will score points as they avg. 35 points a game after playing in probably the hardest district in the state. BUT this game will be determined by how well Lancaster's defense can stop the run........................and I'm taking my shot here........Only one of 1 out Kilgore's last 7 opponents were worth two wooden nickles. Royce City 3-7, Nacogdoches 1-9, Whitehouse 5-5, Hallsville 5-5, Jacksonville 4-6, Pine Tree 1-9. Lancaster beat the number 16 team in the state in the first round. Their only losses come to Corsicana and Waxahachie.

Kilgore will have their hands full. Lancaster runs the pistol/spread offense. What the article someone previously posted did not say is that Lancaster has THREE quarterbacks. Their third string QB is a sophomore that led them to the play-offs last year after the starter was hurt early in the season. Someone said earlier said that Kilgores secondary is not that great. Well I'm sorry to say that means trouble when you have two possibly three D-I WRs. Lancaster has speed. They have won state the last 4 years in a row, and most of those kids play football. Lancaster will score points as they avg. 35 points a game after playing in probably the hardest district in the state. BUT this game will be determined by how well Lancaster's defense can stop the run........................and I'm taking my shot here........Only one of 1 out Kilgore's last 7 opponents were worth two wooden nickles. Royce City 3-7, Nacogdoches 1-9, Whitehouse 5-5, Hallsville 5-5, Jacksonville 4-6, Pine Tree 1-9. Lancaster beat the number 16 team in the state in the first round. Their only losses come to Corsicana and Waxahachie.

I agree Kilgore will have their hands full. I have been to the last 2 regional track meets and Lancaster has a TON of speed. I do see Kilgore trying to grind it out, has Lancaster has trouble stopping the run? if so they will also have their hands full. I also agree Kilgore's schedule has not been really tough, but I have seen a team that has vastly improved every week. And with that I say Kilgore 31 Lancaster 27 GO DOGS!!!!

Yes, that's what I said. Lancaster is 9-2, we are 7-4. I seriously doubt their district was as weak as ours. They beat a quality team in the 1st round, we beat a pushover. They will undoubtedly be tough. I don't know that they are more talented than us, but I'm pretty sure they will be as fast as anyone we've seen this year.

John Tylers lost all of their preseason games... so if you were going by records they shouldnt have won anything. Did you see HUtto play? or did you listen to the sideline to sideline guys declare them state champions? NO team will be as faster than John Tyler.