Carthage (8-3) Vs. North Forney (10-1) Area Round Playoffs

DawgDaze

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game will be Friday night at Rose Stadium in Tyler. Kickoff 7:30. This is a great facility and I look forward to seeing my Dawgs roll once again. They, like always, are starting to play their best football and can be a force to be reckoned with. I put all this success in an amazing coaching staff and the willingness of our kids to listen and carry out the plans. I think Carthage takes this one but not sure by how much. I don't know alot about NF but have heard if they played in our district they would be a 2-8 team (from what I have heard.)

Carthage should roll. North Forney is small and they played in by far the worst district of every classification. Cool to see them make it to the second round in just their second year of existence and first with seniors. They run a flexbone offense which has worked against the slow crappy teams all year, but I don't see them blowing carthage off the line like they have been.

Here, you can WATCH their game from last night - http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=Sportsgram10&recordid=22862&event_position=&event_type=football

Maybe this will be similar to Carthage versus a Forney ISD team playing at Rose Stadium in 2002 and 2003 :D

http://forneysports.com/prioryears/2003carthage.html

Carthage should roll. North Forney is small and they played in by far the worst district of every classification. Cool to see them make it to the second round in just their second year of existence and first with seniors. They run a flexbone offense which has worked against the slow crappy teams all year, but I don't see them blowing carthage off the line like they have been

+1

Here are some photos from the North Forney Falcons' last home game vs. Mabank.

http://www.forneypos...istrict-Season-

i am pullng for our neighbors the carthage bulldogs. they win this one going away. just one word of caution dont take them for granted they may be from a weak district but they may come out playing like they belong in the playoffs. which they do or they wouldnt be there. that being said go dogs

I can assure you Carthage is not underestimating the Falcons. They are studying, planning, practicing and preparing. They will be ready for this game, and are only planning one game at a time. Coach Surratt and Co. are incredible coaches and know better than to overlook a team that has made it to the second round of playoffs. Looking forward to seeing what the Falcons bring! :)

I can assure you Carthage is not underestimating the Falcons. They are studying, planning, practicing and preparing. They will be ready for this game, and are only planning one game at a time. Coach Surratt and Co. are incredible coaches and know better than to overlook a team that has made it to the second round of playoffs. Looking forward to seeing what the Falcons bring! :)

Well said, the falcons and their new coaching staff i'm sure are preparing as well.

Looking forward to see what a 3 time state champion team has to offer.

This is one Forney Jackrabbit fan that will be rooting for the Bulldogs!! Go Big Red!! Flatten the Falcons!!!!!!

Wow! Way to support the home team. I may be on the North side, but I still pull for the Jackrabbits when they're playing.