DEFENDING CHAMPS vs. Redwater

EarnedMyStripes

Daingerfield Tigers

39.3 points per game

169 rushing per game

224.9 passing per game

393.9 total offense per game

25 points allowed per game

QB - ALEX ALLEN (6'2" 200) – 162-270, 2699 yards passing, 32 tds passing, 9 ints, 525 yards rushing, 7 tds rushing

WR - DARRIN TERRY (5'10" 150) – 51 receptions, 1138 yards receiving, 18 tds

WR - EDWIN MIMS (5'8" 170) – 40 receptions, 603 yards receiving, 8 tds

RB - JACOBY LEE (5'7" 175) – 94 carries, 738 yards, 7 TDs

RB - RAMIUS WALLACE (5'7" 150) – 88 carries, 600 yards, 9 TDs

LB - DEVIN SMITH (6'1" 200) – 98 tackles

Redwater Dragons

37.1 points per game

318.6 rushing per game

37.5 passing per game

356.1 total offense per game

17.5 points allowed per game

QB - COLE YELDELL (6'3" 195) – 95 carries, 633 yards rushing, 10 tds rushing, 19-37, 380 yards passing

FB - DEWEY FLEMING (5'11" 245) – 102 carries, 711 yards rushing, 10 tds rushing

SB - DORIAN HANKINS (5'10" 170) – 67 carries, 818 yards rushing, 11 tds rushing

HB - SKYLAR PETTIT (5'10" 175) – 76 carries, 570 yards rushing, 7 tds rushing

HB - HUNTER COX (5'8" 175) – 54 carries, 467 yards rushing, 10 tds rushing

LB - JOSH TRUMBLE (5'10" 210) – 89 tackles

This is a very close statistical matchup. Qbs, Allen has a 60% completion and has 16.5 ypc, Yeldell has 51% but 20 ypc. Rbs, every rusher for both teams is averaging at least 6.5 yards per carry. Even in the LBs, the 9 tackle difference between Smith and Trumble could be attributed to the extra game that DF played. Daingerfield has a slight edge in PPG and YPG, but the Dragons are giving up fewer PPG. This will be close…

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RW yall had a good year from what i heard the best in school history WOW!..Honestly you crack me up because now after a win over DF and one playoff win yall wanna be put in the sentence with the likes of DF,Gilmer,Carthage and Tatum well guess what your NOT!..So come on out to Hallsville get a reality check and take yall a## back to RW with that i just got PIMPED SLAPPED look on yall face!..

poster on oldcoach/rivals.com - "Melissa is becoming the Celina of 2A ball, but New Boston has not been a stranger to the playoffs in several years." hmmm what you DF folks have to say about this? i believe DF is a better reference to Celina than Melissa....bahahahahahaahahah.... just a little interesting tid bit i picked up browsing some DFW Metroplex sites...

I think I would tell him something like

375182_188446107910255_100002346010478_409145_1773616383_n.jpg

This is a very close statistical matchup. Qbs, Allen has a 60% completion and has 16.5 ypc, Yeldell has 51% but 20 ypc. Rbs, every rusher for both teams is averaging at least 6.5 yards per carry. Even in the LBs, the 9 tackle difference between Smith and Trumble could be attributed to the extra game that DF played. Daingerfield has a slight edge in PPG and YPG, but the Dragons are giving up fewer PPG. This will be close…

close? guess you forgot to look at the passing stats. also, team spped isnt listed

You know, all of these df people are right. Redwater don't have a chance. Daingerfield has improved, that makes them the best in the state. I mean what's the chances of any other team improving. Oh well we will try again next year.

You know, all of these df people are right. Redwater don't have a chance. Daingerfield has improved, that makes them the best in the state. I mean what's the chances of any other team improving. Oh well we will try again next year.

Naw Redwater has a chance. As do every team now in the playoffs. Like I stated yesterday " may the best team win"! I go for the Tigers and you go for the Dragons! I know that your team is preparing for a totally different Tiger team as so are the Tigers preparing for a totally different Dragon team. It's the playoffs! Teams don't make it this far off of sure talent or luck alone. It takes heart, execution, and pride. So good luck to both teams!

Your right Chaz.....lets just pack it in and not even show up. Dfield has already crowned themselves 4peaters, Redwater wont have "OUR refs" to cheat, no home field advantage, no team speed, no history, no nothing......all is futile.....Congrats Dfield on your fourth straight championship

Your right Chaz.....lets just pack it in and not even show up. Dfield has already crowned themselves 4peaters, Redwater wont have "OUR refs" to cheat, no home field advantage, no team speed, no history, no nothing......all is futile.....Congrats Dfield on your fourth straight championship

Yep. Congrats df

Hopefully Daingerfield has learned something from the first time they faced Redwater.

A buddy of mine told me this morning, "defending the option is about assignment football." Everybody has a job to do when you play against the option. If you do your job, you can contain it. You can't always stop it. But, sometimes you can contain it. Redwater has great athletes that run the offense. Noone should think that the Dragons are void of athletes. It's not just a gimic offense that has them scoring points and winning games. When you combine talent with this offense, you can be very productive on offense. If the offense executes well and the defense maintain their assignments, then it comes down to effort and technique. Can the defender make a tackle when he is in position. Can the offensive player make the defender miss through great individual effort. Redwater beat Daingerfield on both accounts in the second half of the first contest between these two. Daingerfield did not tackle well and Redwater made great individual effort plays. From what I have seen the last two weeks, I believe Daingerfield will tackle much better this Friday. They won't shut Redwater's offense down, but they will play better than the first contest.

Daingerfield moved the ball very well against Redwater in the first game as evidenced by 400+ yards of offense. Penalties and turnovers ended drives for the Tigers. Mistakes at critical times. That is not an excuse. That is what happened. Of course, you have to give Redwater some credit for forcing those turnovers and causing some of the mistakes. But, Daingerfield did not play a clean game (15 penalties for 122 yards). That has to change. Defending the spread is a little different than defending the option. The spread is designed to isolate skilled players against defenders one-on-one. With as much talent as Redwater has, I still believe Daingerfield has the advantage when it comes to individual speed and skill, especially with their receivers. Maybe not as much as some folks think, but still an advantage (with Hooks, Mims and Terry). Daingerfield's quarterback, Alex Allen, has looked more comfortable since the Redwater game. That is obviously a big deal for the Tigers. Everyone can assume that Redwater has gotten better and more comfortable in their roles as well, from the waterboy to the Head Coach. But, Allen really appears to have taken a step to another level. The way he has been running the football and the decision making process has really improved. I think that is the thing that has helped him cut down on the turnovers.

To Redwater fans I am sure this sounds like hogwash. And, I readily admit I am a Daingerfield fan so I have a natural tendency to be biased. But, I try to be realistic. Daingerfield is not the be all end all. The Tigers are not going to win the game simply by walking out on the field. They are going to have to earn it. And, it won't come easy.

Redwater has every reason to be confident. 43-26 will do that for you. The first game was a close contest. Closer than some Redwater fans would have you believe. 16-13 Daingerfield ahead after one quarter. 19-19 at halftime. 33-26 Redwater after three. In the 4th quarter, turnover on downs inside DF's own 20 leads to a field goal. Interception at Daingerfield 25 on Daingerfield's next possession leads to touchdown. Final margin 43-26. I give Redwater all the credit in the world for being a great team and playing lights out that night a month ago. I believe based on the way the first game unfolded that Daingerfield can beat Redwater this Friday. I also know that Redwater is capable of beating the Tigers. I hope both teams play their best. If that happens, I believe Daingerfield wins. That is my honest opinion. Two really great teams. Both are a credit to the district and to East Texas.

Redwater has a chance.....if dfield doesnt get off the bus

Hopefully Daingerfield has learned something from the first time they faced Redwater.

A buddy of mine told me this morning, "defending the option is about assignment football." Everybody has a job to do when you play against the option. If you do your job, you can contain it. You can't always stop it. But, sometimes you can contain it. Redwater has great athletes that run the offense. Noone should think that the Dragons are void of athletes. It's not just a gimic offense that has them scoring points and winning games. When you combine talent with this offense, you can be very productive on offense. If the offense executes well and the defense maintain their assignments, then it comes down to effort and technique. Can the defender make a tackle when he is in position. Can the offensive player make the defender miss through great individual effort. Redwater beat Daingerfield on both accounts in the second half of the first contest between these two. Daingerfield did not tackle well and Redwater made great individual effort plays. From what I have seen the last two weeks, I believe Daingerfield will tackle much better this Friday. They won't shut Redwater's offense down, but they will play better than the first contest.

Daingerfield moved the ball very well against Redwater in the first game as evidenced by 400+ yards of offense. Penalties and turnovers ended drives for the Tigers. Mistakes at critical times. That is not an excuse. That is what happened. Of course, you have to give Redwater some credit for forcing those turnovers and causing some of the mistakes. But, Daingerfield did not play a clean game (15 penalties for 122 yards). That has to change. Defending the spread is a little different than defending the option. The spread is designed to isolate skilled players against defenders one-on-one. With as much talent as Redwater has, I still believe Daingerfield has the advantage when it comes to individual speed and skill, especially with their receivers. Maybe not as much as some folks think, but still an advantage (with Hooks, Mims and Terry). Daingerfield's quarterback, Alex Allen, has looked more comfortable since the Redwater game. That is obviously a big deal for the Tigers. Everyone can assume that Redwater has gotten better and more comfortable in their roles as well, from the waterboy to the Head Coach. But, Allen really appears to have taken a step to another level. The way he has been running the football and the decision making process has really improved. I think that is the thing that has helped him cut down on the turnovers.

To Redwater fans I am sure this sounds like hogwash. And, I readily admit I am a Daingerfield fan so I have a natural tendency to be biased. But, I try to be realistic. Daingerfield is not the be all end all. The Tigers are not going to win the game simply by walking out on the field. They are going to have to earn it. And, it won't come easy.

Redwater has every reason to be confident. 43-26 will do that for you. The first game was a close contest. Closer than some Redwater fans would have you believe. 16-13 Daingerfield ahead after one quarter. 19-19 at halftime. 33-26 Redwater after three. In the 4th quarter, turnover on downs inside DF's own 20 leads to a field goal. Interception at Daingerfield 25 on Daingerfield's next possession leads to touchdown. Final margin 43-26. I give Redwater all the credit in the world for being a great team and playing lights out that night a month ago. I believe based on the way the first game unfolded that Daingerfield can beat Redwater this Friday. I also know that Redwater is capable of beating the Tigers. I hope both teams play their best. If that happens, I believe Daingerfield wins. That is my honest opinion. Two really great teams. Both are a credit to the district and to East Texas.

Actually Franks, none of what you said is hogwash, in fact i agree 100%. We know it will be difficult to beat you guys twice. We will, in my opinion, have to force turnovers to beat you guys. Your team has had 3-4 years of state championship experience and that goes a long ways at this time of the year. The arrogance some of your bloggers have shown on these threads is annoying to some of us, but thats OK, you all have earned this with 3 three rings to show. Were just happy to finally be able to honestly come on these threads and talk a little trash back to you guys. Who would have ever thought that our football program would ever get to this point. One Redwater resident went to the local paper and was quoted as saying Redwater will never be any good at football. It all started with our school board 3-4 years ago that went through a lot of public scrutiny to (reassign) the then current AD and brought in Coach Stine. His only assignment back then was to turn it around. And boy has he done it. We may not have winning seasons every year but we are no longer considered the doormats of the district. For that, I am proud of coach Stine and his staff. We may not win Friday, but if he** should happen to freeze over again, we will still recognize you guys as champions, (and talk a little smack on these threads..hehe). Good luck to both teams and I pray for no injuries.

Actually Franks, none of what you said is hogwash, in fact i agree 100%. We know it will be difficult to beat you guys twice. We will, in my opinion, have to force turnovers to beat you guys. Your team has had 3-4 years of state championship experience and that goes a long ways at this time of the year. The arrogance some of your bloggers have shown on these threads is annoying to some of us, but thats OK, you all have earned this with 3 three rings to show. Were just happy to finally be able to honestly come on these threads and talk a little trash back to you guys. Who would have ever thought that our football program would ever get to this point. One Redwater resident went to the local paper and was quoted as saying Redwater will never be any good at football. It all started with our school board 3-4 years ago that wnt through a lot of public scrutiny to (reassign) the then current AD and brought in Coach Stine. His only assignment back then was to turn it around. And boy has he done it. We may not have winning seasons every year but we are no longer considered the doormats of the district. For that, I am proud of coach Stine and his staff. We may not win Friday, but if he** should happen to freeze over again, we will still recognize you guys as champions, (and talk a little smack on these threads..hehe). Good luck to both teams and I pray for no injuries.

Redwater is still considered the doormats. One season doesnt change things and one lucky game sure doesnt. When redwater is CONSISTENT then u might be more than a doormat. CONSISTENSY

1322061538[/url]' post='1644725']

Naw Redwater has a chance. As do every team now in the playoffs. Like I stated yesterday " may the best team win"! I go for the Tigers and you go for the Dragons! I know that your team is preparing for a totally different Tiger team as so are the Tigers preparing for a totally different Dragon team. It's the playoffs! Teams don't make it this far off of sure talent or luck alone. It takes heart, execution, and pride. So good luck to both teams!

The best post I've seen on here in a long time!

close? guess you forgot to look at the passing stats. also, team spped isnt listed

I did list passing stats... and you can't really measure team speed, but Redwater did win last years District track meet, so they must have at least some speed. And #20 can fly, and #40 has the quickest 20 yard burst through a line I've ever seen.

I did list passing stats... and you can't really measure team speed, but Redwater did win last years District track meet, so they must have at least some speed. And #20 can fly, and #40 has the quickest 20 yard burst through a line I've ever seen.

Goldie...I think some call it well-balanced which RW is...lol!

Like most good option teams, Redwater likes to Spread the ball around. Different players have taken turns leading the Dragons throughout the season:

West Rusk:

Skylar Pettit - 151 yards of total offense

Hunter Cox - 7 carries, 88 yards

Carrolton Christian:

almost 400 yards rushing

Josh Trumble - 6 carries, 142 yards, 3 tds

Cole Yeldell - 8 carries, 63 yards, td

White Oak:

370 yards rushing

Cole Yeldell - 11 carries, 112 yards, td

Hunter Cox - 79 yards, 2 tds

Skylar Pettit - 78 yards