DEFENDING CHAMPS vs. Redwater

EarnedMyStripes

This game is not going to be played in Redwater where they get favorable treatment from the refs. A 15 to 1 advantage is favorable treatment wether you like it or not. 3 touchdowns being called back! Now I do give y'all credit for running it down our throat and we should have played better D, but this game is not in Redwater and just pray that you have the refs on your side again!!!!!!

I thought all DF fans were done making excuses. Grow up, DF got beat, DF made mistakes and RW capitalized. Another good game coming up.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have anything worthwhile to say?

Well Franks, all we need now is HATEIT4U on here. Or is he and TigerFanatic one in the same..........lol!

Like I said before a good team makes the other team make mistakes. Redwater was all over df and they were making them mess up from frustration and busted plays. The df qb threw 3 picks that night and had not thrown any up until that game. Just face it redwater is good and they beat you fare and square. I don't see where I am crazy for thinking they can do it again.

I get where you are comIng from. And I agree with you. Good teams make other teams make mistakes. Dfield is used to hearing the same thing "well if we hadn't turned the ball over".... Well the defense forces turnovers sometimes too. Of course teams can have off nights as well. Just to clarify Dfield's QB threw 5 or 6 ints before the RW game. Against Atlanta and against Gilmer etc. but he hasn't made many mistakes lately. He is more comfortable in his role and much more confident now.

Here is some football. I don't think DF will get much of a chance to run any kickoffs back. 6 of 8 of RWs kicks were touchback. The sophomore kicker was booting them out of the endzone with ease.

Wow

Our kicker was doing a great job on kickoffs last night too. It sure is nice having that element.

@ Chaz: u aren't crazy 4 thinking RW will win. Wat u said wasn't crazy about saying u all made some good plays that had us frustrated or confused @ times. U WUD B SLIGHTLY OFF UR ROCKER predicting a blow out win n ur favor. 4GET THE PAST, BECAUSE THAT ARGUMENT U CNT WIN. Fact is u guys beat us by 17, put up 40+, & w/a even record won district. Fact is we meet again this Friday both trying 2 get a step closer 2 a state title. With that said, safe trip & well hope u enjoy the game.

Wow

Our kicker was doing a great job on kickoffs last night too. It sure is nice having that element.

Don't know the last time we went 7-7 on PAT's. Big plus compared to past years. Can I say "Viva Charlie."

@ HogHater: no excuses need 2 b made. As part of the TASO/UIL Chapter, being merely a spectator there were some ?able calls made, but u guys overall overwhelmed us that evening w/the running gm & our lack of. Friday nite n Hallsville I kno u'll b there.

I am hoping to see the tiger defense that has played the last 2 games.

I think DF will play more disciplined football this time around. I think RW will have their hands full with the passing game. It is obviously really good. DF will have their hands full with RWs running game again. It's pretty good too!

RW got some good practice last night against Boyd. I honestly don't anticipate anything but a battle. May the kids bring their best to the game.

I think DF will play more disciplined football this time around. I think RW will have their hands full with the passing game. It is obviously really good. DF will have their hands full with RWs running game again. It's pretty good too!

RW got some good practice last night against Boyd. I honestly don't anticipate anything but a battle. May the kids bring their best to the game.

How many yards rushing for your fullback last nite?

I was much more impressed with Dfield's oline the last 2 weeks. They have been much better. It certainly helps the QB. The QB has also been running much harder. He ran well against Winnsboro. But last night he was more physical than I have seen him all year. Must be confidence. I was just glad to see the defense laying the wood and getting to the ball.

If Dfield doesn't stop the big fullback, they are in trouble. That kid is a beast.

I was much more impressed with Dfield's oline the last 2 weeks. They have been much better. It certainly helps the QB. The QB has also been running much harder. He ran well against Winnsboro. But last night he was more physical than I have seen him all year. Must be confidence. I was just glad to see the defense laying the wood and getting to the ball.

If Dfield doesn't stop the big fullback, they are in trouble. That kid is a beast.

Can't take him on high. Much like Lemon Boyd, Jacksonville fullback Bi-D game vs Daingerfield 1971. He ran over us all night.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by committing penalties like we did last time, this game will be Redwaters last of the year. And get this, you can look for dfield to come out in the slot-t.... I mean why not, they show something different every week offensively. Not to be disrespectful to RW but I just think they are going to be way overmatched this go around. I can see this game getting straight up U-G-L-Y! I am looking for a score similar to what we saw last night, I will say somewhere in the neighborhood of 48-13. BTW, we have a new fullback that I can't wait for your D-Line to meet!

And tell your coach thanks for the bulletin board material after the last matchup. That was about the most disrespectful comments that I have ever read towards another coach. And trust me when I say that he was not too happy to see it when I graciously took it to him to read.

Like I said before a good team makes the other team make mistakes. Redwater was all over df and they were making them mess up from frustration and busted plays. The df qb threw 3 picks that night and had not thrown any up until that game. Just face it redwater is good and they beat you fare and square. I don't see where I am crazy for thinking they can do it again.

Wrong on the interception comment, I don't know the exact #, but Alex threw interceptions in two other games as well before the RW game. I don't know that he has thrown any since the Redwater game, if he has its only been 1. That young man has stepped it up tremendously, and the scary part is that I don't think we have seen his very best yet...he seems to get more confident and better with every passing week.