DEFENDING CHAMPS vs. Redwater

EarnedMyStripes

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had to beat both the other two district qualifiers to win region before? Probably never been a third qualifier like the one in this district.

It's happened in basketball and probably other sports numerous times. Wasn't even possible in football until last year because of the old split playoff setup, right?

The rebuilding year for D-field is starting to payoff!!!! I've said after watching the first two games of D-field that until they change that pass first D to a run D it was going to be a bad year......They have made the changes,the kids are buying into them,and Redwater is in trouble Friday night!!!!Before the changes Paul Pewitt would have made them look bad.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by committing penalties like we did last time, this game will be Redwaters last of the year. And get this, you can look for dfield to come out in the slot-t.... I mean why not, they show something different every week offensively. Not to be disrespectful to RW but I just think they are going to be way overmatched this go around. I can see this game getting straight up U-G-L-Y! I am looking for a score similar to what we saw last night, I will say somewhere in the neighborhood of 48-13. BTW, we have a new fullback that I can't wait for your D-Line to meet!

I'll take your bet. The score won't be anything close to what you guys had last week. Next, coach Stine just calls 'em like he sees 'em. But just so we're clear, (and for anyone who didn't read that priceless article) which comment was it that got you and your coaches little panties in a bunch?

And tell your coach thanks for the bulletin board material after the last matchup. That was about the most disrespectful comments that I have ever read towards another coach. And trust me when I say that he was not too happy to see it when I graciously took it to him to read.

I wanna read this article. Where can I find it?

Like I said before a good team makes the other team make mistakes. Redwater was all over df and they were making them mess up from frustration and busted plays. The df qb threw 3 picks that night and had not thrown any up until that game. Just face it redwater is good and they beat you fare and square. I don't see where I am crazy for thinking they can do it again.

So how good is Redwater's pass defense? Are you saying RW defended DF's passing game better than any other team?

funny part is, i asked one of the daingerfield coaches on the sideline friday night after the score was 28 to zero in favor of the TIGERS over the Zebras, i said hey coach are you gonna slack up and let the Zebras score at least once, and his reply was THIS IS WHAT YA GET WHEN YA TALK ALL THAT NOISE ON SMOAKY. and then he said LETS GIVE EM SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT DURING THEIR OFFSEASON. i aint neva laughed so hard in my life ..AND THEN AFTER THE GAME HE SAID AND KEEP IN MIND REDWATER HAS TALKED MUCH NOISE TOO..and remember daingerfield aint here to prove nothing were here to win and thats what we do best

sounds like BS...

I love the hypocrisy of SOME of the DF fans. You sit there and act like RW fans have no right and are crazy for thinking they can beat DF again. You comment on the "noise" and "all that smack" that RW fans are talking. Let me tell you something, no one does it better or have been doing it longer than SOME DF fans.

I can tell you that this RW fan is excited about the chance to face DF again. Whether we win or lose this game, getting this far means RW has arrived as a football program. I think RW has just as good a chance as New Boston to beat DF. I don't understand

why it seems that some smoky posters don't think that RW is as good a team as NB and DF. RW has proven itself the season thus far.

I'm glad that DF has gotten better since The RW game. What makes you think that RW hasn't? You saw the way all 3 8-2A DOMINATED in the playoffs Friday night. DF you have a great passing game and a RICH history. Very respectful and I applaud you for that. New Boston, no argument that they have probably the best to two backs in the state. RW has a good offense with a smart QB and a bruising FB. They beat up on each other because they are ALL QUALiTY teams. It just ### that we all couldn't meet in the playoffs later in the season.

I think the DF/RW will be a dead heat. DF will score when they have but they will not shut RW down either. Mistakes will be the difference in winning or loseing. The both look to be getting better because of the level of competition is not what it was in dist

@ HOGHATER: Glad u said "some" & not "all" TIGER fans about ur comment on RW possible beating D'FIELD. But NO u aren't crazy 4 thinking that, just as I told Chaz. RW has a 50/50 shot just like ne1 else. I do think its obsured 2 belive RW wud blow-out D'FIELD, tho it could happen. Yea 8-2A has been dominate throughout these PO's, great, but @ the end of the day there can only b 1 winner, so as being ech others opposition the respect & applauding 4 ech other only goes so far. Will u cheer Friday when D'FIELD scores sitting on RW side & say "way 2 go Tigers, that's the way 2 represent 8-2A"? No lie, as far as me personally going 2 RW & witnessing u guys win was a pure shocker. Reason being n my mind RW was well "a give me game", "no contest", but that was me going off previous encounters when playing u guys. RW is on a new level now. Will it continue after that FB & TB graduate? n D'FIELD it does. I wish the best 4 that program n the future, I do. It is amazing wat the Dragons r doing & u should b confident, excited & all that about playing/winning. Just seem some RW fans not all r 2 CONFIDENT, maybe a tad bit cocky minded, & think the team is filled w/supermen who cnt b beat, that's where u get irritable fans frm D'FIELD saying hold up, we got rings, we've won titles, wat r u bragging about, a district win? Well @least 4 this yr I will say RW is knocking on the door of success & belive if they have similar players like the FB & TB GREAT THINGS will b n store 4 RW's program. TIGER NATION IS ON THE QUEST FOR 4, RW stands in the way. Call it payback or another playoff win but WE FEEL CONFIDENT GOING N2 THIS UPCOMING GM. RW with the district win feels the same way, being 1 of 3 teams 2 beat us n the last 4 yrs. It should b a fun & hopefully exciting evening.

I think the DF/RW will be a dead heat. DF will score when they have but they will not shut RW down either. Mistakes will be the difference in winning or loseing. The both look to be getting better because of the level of competition is not what it was in dist

See, what all these playoff games have told me is that the level of competion in the playoffs thus far is actually right on par for our distict alone. Heck, RW, NB, and DF had already played what might as well have been 3 (really hard) playoff games just during district. I can't help but look and think Hooks would have easily gotten into the playoffs in most other districts, and Pland would have at least had a shot in some of them (theres no hope for QC). but hey, it helped. All those other teams in region 2 just had no idea what football really was. Just check texas2afootball, they were convinced that last round it would be potts, boyd, mellisa and GV that got to this point. Now, the first team to get knocked out of 8 2a will only get beat by 8 2a.

See, what all these playoff games have told me is that the level of competion in the playoffs thus far is actually right on par for our distict alone. Heck, RW, NB, and DF had already played what might as well have been 3 (really hard) playoff games just during district. I can't help but look and think Hooks would have easily gotten into the playoffs in most other districts, and Pland would have at least had a shot in some of them (theres no hope for QC). but hey, it helped. All those other teams in region 2 just had no idea what football really was. Just check texas2afootball, they were convinced that last round it would be potts, boyd, mellisa and GV that got to this point. Now, the first team to get knocked out of 8 2a will only get beat by 8 2a.

just a shame....but hey its better we go down by each others hands than sum others right? i mean really if NB wins this week than the only ones to defeat 8-2a is 8-2a....we're our own achilles heel. haha

The tiger are waiting for the prediction of the great! Here it is the dragons are not going to be stop by toni the tiger. Yall have reserve made for you at crow fest cafe. You dont understand yall cant stop the run and that will be the end to that.

To the guy that talk to the coach that is find if he feels that he can run up the score but it can be done by the dragons also or have you already forgot. I tell you what dont worry when you lose you can come and watch us since you have our color on,

The tiger are waiting for the prediction of the great! Here it is the dragons are not going to be stop by toni the tiger. Yall have reserve made for you at crow fest cafe. You dont understand yall cant stop the run and that will be the end to that.

To the guy that talk to the coach that is find if he feels that he can run up the score but it can be done by the dragons also or have you already forgot. I tell you what dont worry when you lose you can come and watch us since you have our color on,

Wow. PHD

What did you do your doctoral thesis on "The Decaying Educational System"?

It's an official party with you on board....lol! Man that post is not even Pre-K level. Where did you go to school dude?

might be his smart fone but i mean wow....u should at least be able to proof read it before u post it....as clearly jacked up as those posts are grammatically you'd notice....maybe not one word or so as is the case with urs OLEMAN but wow...his.....ouch.....definitely early elementary...

He's back. Lol that dude is off his rocker.

at least u act intelligent, ur friend there just makes RW look bad with that caveman banter