DEFENDING CHAMPS vs. Redwater

EarnedMyStripes

Looking at the footage of RW and the RW-D-field game footage, the game Friday night will be played by a totally different D-field team.....The FB for RW is nice,but the middle hole will be closed.It's not going to be that easy up the middle this time. D-field defense was hitting hard and looking super this morning. Big Blue Tigers rules!!!!!!!!!!

You just leave the hole making up to redwater, and to say that because nb couldn't run up the middle that redwater won't be able to is rubish.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in the Texarkana paper 10-26.... I could not find it online, however I called them today and they still had 5 issues of it and they dropped it in the mail this afternoon. I will post it when I get it....

Wow. Obsessed much?

You just leave the hole making up to redwater, and to say that because nb couldn't run up the middle that redwater won't be able to is rubish.

Little school kid on Smoaky talking smack.......looking back, D-field had a defensive problem.....It been fixed....point blank you guys are in trouble coming Friday night...P.S. Can't wait to feed you your due crow dinner!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this is what you read Crush? Found the link at...

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/2011/11/17/good-chemistry-723386.php

Q: Your district rivals Daingerfield and New Boston started the season highly ranked. Are you surprised your team tied for the district championship?

A: It’s yes and no to that question. There’s not a lot of people around here that give us credit. If we win a big game, they say we were lucky, or cheated. It’s never those Redwater kids played outstanding. People that were here to watch the Daingerfield game—they know, they know what happened. It wasn’t luck and it wasn’t cheating. Daingerfield did some things before the game that were questionable in my opinion. Our kids took exception to that and flat got after them. It was outstanding and I knew that potential was there. These kids now have the mindset when they step on the field it’s take care of business.

Wow! Name calling! I thought only kids did that. If RW loses, I'll take my crow with pride. I'll dish it out big time if RW wins.

Remember RW took the first game and if DF takes the second, you can argue all you want about who's better. There would have to be a third game to determine that. Haha!!

Wow! Name calling! I thought only kids did that. If RW loses, I'll take my crow with pride. I'll dish it out big time if RW wins.

Remember RW took the first game and if DF takes the second, you can argue all you want about who's better. There would have to be a third game to determine that. Haha!!

Really D-field beat themselves!!!!!!!! Not this time!!!!!!!!!!

HH.....Arguing who is better if we win? You can relish in the past if that happens. It won't be about a third game for us if we win. For Daingerfield, that earlier game is behind us as we have continued to adjust where adjustments are needed to continue the march for the gold and adding a 7th trophy to the case.

This is great, one post says the last game doesn't matter, then the next says look at all we've done in the past. I say this, congrats Dfield has gotten better... so has Redwater. Next, you closed the whole in the middle, great, thats why its an option team. you have to keep all 3 holes closed at the same time. Finally. a couple post have talked about all the smack talk RW does, and how DF is gonna shut that down blah blah blah... The two threads RW has had this year with DF have gotten more posts than anyother RW threads this year, so... that leads me to belive that its not redwater doing the magority of the posting. Heck you guys call yourself the tiger nation, Redwater doesn't have anything like that. Does anyone from the tiger nation wanna step up and say they'll admit Redwater is the better team if they win Friday?

RW runs the same boring offense as most 2a teams....hate having to sit through it again.

This is great, one post says the last game doesn't matter, then the next says look at all we've done in the past. I say this, congrats Dfield has gotten better... so has Redwater. Next, you closed the whole in the middle, great, thats why its an option team. you have to keep all 3 holes closed at the same time. Finally. a couple post have talked about all the smack talk RW does, and how DF is gonna shut that down blah blah blah... The two threads RW has had this year with DF have gotten more posts than anyother RW threads this year, so... that leads me to belive that its not redwater doing the magority of the posting. Heck you guys call yourself the tiger nation, Redwater doesn't have anything like that. Does anyone from the tiger nation wanna step up and say they'll admit Redwater is the better team if they win Friday?

HH.....Arguing who is better if we win? You can relish in the past if that happens. It won't be about a third game for us if we win. For Daingerfield, that earlier game is behind us as we have continued to adjust where adjustments are needed to continue the march for the gold and adding a 7th trophy to the case.

Fair enough and a thoughtful and mature post.

If Redwater wins, They are obviously better..Just don't see it happening though..If Daingerfield wins, What happens to all the Redwater fans :unsure:? My guess is that yall will disappear ;) AND THAT'S GREAT :lol:.

yep, and you didn't see it happening the first time either... but hey, i'll stick around and eat my crow IF DF wins.

I agree, that is what Daingerfield should do, but for some reason I can't help but get the feeling that if DF and NB play next round most everyone who is saying the first game didn't count, playoffs are what we were planning for and all of the other stuff will instantly switch around and say, Hey we already beat you, it will be the same this time. Its just homer thinking. They chose whichever fits the best at the moment.

I agree, that is what Daingerfield should do, but for some reason I can't help but get the feeling that if DF and NB play next round most everyone who is saying the first game didn't count, playoffs are what we were planning for and all of the other stuff will instantly switch around and say, Hey we already beat you, it will be the same this time. Its just homer thinking. They chose whichever fits the best at the moment.

The game will begin with a 0 to 0 tie. We will know who goes to the next round after 48 minutes of playing time

Franks/Hoghater

I will be in Paris so please send updates. Like to hear from both sides. Good luck to both teams. Truly!!

The game will begin with a 0 to 0 tie. We will know who goes to the next round after 48 minutes of playing time

Franks/Hoghater

I will be in Paris so please send updates. Like to hear from both sides. Good luck to both teams. Truly!!

will do

Trust me, that first game counted. Two things for me (1) it was a wake up call and (2) put us in must win situation with New Boston the following week. The NB game did not start out well with us falling quickly behind 14-0. Our kids showed the heart of the champions they are by coming back, tying the game, going ahead and then winning in overtime.

Two big ballgames, both with serious implications at the time. Good experience in both instances for a lot of our kids who going into this year did not have a lot playing time. The kids overcame adversity.

And then we have our new head coach at the helm in his first year ever as a head coach. Coming to Daingerfield was not easy and he has shown what he can do. He has done a remarkable job considering the expectations of the TigerNation.

We are in the third season now and these playoff games are the ones that count now. Just like after the loss to RW, our kids know there's no next Friday from here on in unless you win and I like what I've been seeing. I like our chances.

Two good teams, ones going to lose. Nonetheless, I support 8 2a all the way, believe the gold comes thru this district and challenge the other regions to take that trophy from this district.

I am really impressed with Redwater. Everyone is talking about the big fullback (Fleming), but the Dragons have a lot more weapons than just big #40.

QB - Cole Yeldell, RBs Hankins and Cox, and WR - Pettit are all legitimate threats. They have each come up big in various games this year.

And, I am impressed with how Coach Stine has focused on strength training for his football club. Redwater takes their weight training seriously. They compete in power lifting and the guys on the football team are some of the strongest in the district.

Guys like Fleming, Trumble, Lumpkin and Threlkeld are strong and really add a toughness to this Redwater team.

I think Redwater has a good mix of skill, strength and speed. Most people realize what an amazing job Coach Stine and his staff have done in Redwater. It's hard not to root for this team. (of course with the exception of this Friday)