DEFENDING CHAMPS vs. Redwater

EarnedMyStripes

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RW runs the same old boring offense that runs out the time on the clock.....The only one you remember is the one who touched the ball a 100 times. I'm sticking with my Blue Tiger this week... Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many great, fact based posts on this thread, and then theres this one. Please tell me what offence doesn't run time off the clock? And you only remember the one who touches the ball 100 times? Bad memory, or you just like remembering centers, QBs and reffs? I'm pretty sure every football game has those people touching the bal the most.

I am really impressed with Redwater. Everyone is talking about the big fullback (Fleming), but the Dragons have a lot more weapons than just big #40.

QB - Cole Yeldell, RBs Hankins and Cox, and WR - Pettit are all legitimate threats. They have each come up big in various games this year.

And, I am impressed with how Coach Stine has focused on strength training for his football club. Redwater takes their weight training seriously. They compete in power lifting and the guys on the football team are some of the strongest in the district.

Guys like Fleming, Trumble, Lumpkin and Threlkeld are strong and really add a toughness to this Redwater team.

I think Redwater has a good mix of skill, strength and speed. Most people realize what an amazing job Coach Stine and his staff have done in Redwater. It's hard not to root for this team. (of course with the exception of this Friday)

The reason so many people talk about #40 is because he's the first threat, and he must be accounted for first. Theres no doubt there are a ton of other wepons on the team, if there weren't the option wouldn't work. And you aren't kidding about the strength training either. Those guys not only work hard, but hold eachother accountable. Its a huge competion come off season as to who lifts the most and is there the longest and all that, and i know Fleming has a lot to do with it. Heck, over the summer him and Lumpkin rode to and from summer workouts on bikes just to challenge themselves more I guess. From time to time I would drive by them in that summer sun. And Trumble, holly cow, he might be slightly undersuzed for a linebacker at barely 200 or so, but he is crazy. Come friday, from time to time you'll here the crowd yell "he's an animal" thats going to Trumble. And Threlkeld, well I'll just round him into the entire O-line. At the begining of the year, that was the teams biggest weakness, but truely following the NB game It looked like something just clicked and hasn't been the same since.

Trust me, that first game counted. Two things for me (1) it was a wake up call and (2) put us in must win situation with New Boston the following week. The NB game did not start out well with us falling quickly behind 14-0. Our kids showed the heart of the champions they are by coming back, tying the game, going ahead and then winning in overtime

No no no. You got it wrong from what I read. NB didn't get beat by DF. It was a botched punt return. That's what THEY say anyway.

No no no. You got it wrong from what I read. NB didn't get beat by DF. It was a botched punt return. That's what THEY say anyway.

Actually, I like this one better from the BowieCountyCitizen.com.....

Barker calls the game at Daingerfield "one that we should have won" and it was definitely a rollercoaster ride filled with back and forth lead changes and big plays at crucial moments for both teams.

Sorry KD and MHybrid, couldn't resist. You too Oleman.

We got beat. Mistakes happen. Part of the game Same can be said about the RW/DF Game. If every play worked out like it does on paper there would be a TD every play. LOL

@Goldenbot0091: Wat r the biggest accomplishments n RW's football history? Winning their 1st playoff gm, 2011, & beating DAINGERFIELD, 2011. So yes its been a historical yr so far 4 the Dragons, APPLAUSE 2 U. 1 of 3 teams 2 beat DAINGERFIELD n the last 4 yrs, another achievement. O did I mention DC of 8-2A! Now since that win n RW it seems tho if all else fails the fact u beat the TIGERS is more of a achievement than holding the STATE TROPHY itself, something we have done 3x's N THE LAST 3 YRS. I WILL SAY, IF, RW WINS THEY WERE BETTER THIS YR THAN DFIELD, IF. 76-0, 68-26, 48-0 (something like that) r the previous scores n match-ups RW LOST FACING DFIELD. So 1 win against us & u basically have the ingredients needed 2 beat us constantly? Act as if u won b4......wait U HAVEN'T. SAFE TRAVELS 2 ALL FRIDAY NIGHT. #QUESTFOR4

@Goldenbot0091: Wat r the biggest accomplishments n RW's football history? Winning their 1st playoff gm, 2011, & beating DAINGERFIELD, 2011. So yes its been a historical yr so far 4 the Dragons, APPLAUSE 2 U. 1 of 3 teams 2 beat DAINGERFIELD n the last 4 yrs, another achievement. O did I mention DC of 8-2A! Now since that win n RW it seems tho if all else fails the fact u beat the TIGERS is more of a achievement than holding the STATE TROPHY itself, something we have done 3x's N THE LAST 3 YRS. I WILL SAY, IF, RW WINS THEY WERE BETTER THIS YR THAN DFIELD, IF. 76-0, 68-26, 48-0 (something like that) r the previous scores n match-ups RW LOST FACING DFIELD. So 1 win against us & u basically have the ingredients needed 2 beat us constantly? Act as if u won b4......wait U HAVEN'T. SAFE TRAVELS 2 ALL FRIDAY NIGHT. #QUESTFOR4

Dude, your style of posting is rough on the eyes.

So many great, fact based posts on this thread, and then theres this one. Please tell me what offence doesn't run time off the clock? And you only remember the one who touches the ball 100 times? Bad memory, or you just like remembering centers, QBs and reffs? I'm pretty sure every football game has those people touching the bal the most.

D-field's spread offense.....

Fact,most of you guys from RW started y'all first post after the D-field game earlier this year...Now you're playing with the big dogs. I'm just calling it like I see it....... For the last three year. Can't wait till Friday!!!!!!!!

The spread does run time off the clock, I promise. Second, I've been on here more than a year, and before that i actually played football and went to college.

sigh... where to began... It has been a great year, and will be even better after Friday. Who said it was better than winning state (but yes it is something to hang a hat on)? Yes DF did win 3 times in the last 3 years, congrats on counting that high. Thank you for taking up that commitment, I'll hold you to it. 76-0, classless game, I remember, but I do have 1 fond memory from it. 68-26, Kade Lumpkin's older brother actually had a pick 6 to start that game, and the dragons were on top momentarly that night. Thats a fun fact for you. 48-0, yeah, DF was good last year, no doubt. Nope, didn't say i had the ingredients, but Gilmer sure does. And Redwater has won before, but since you've done it more, how about you lead the way with examples instead of words. BTW. new nickname for you, Noaction Jackson, just cause.

Smart!!!

Take two guesses smart one (and I’m not sure you’d get it right, so hint, it’s Redwater). And you had to push the clock management thing, so here we go. All offences in the world manage the clock. It’s just about how it manages the clock. The spread does run time off the clock, unless you know of some secret way to add time to it. And don’t say you can stop the clock and save time using the spread, because that just means you’re throwing incomplete passes, which isn’t good. There is no difference between a 5 yard run and a 5 yard slant. Is there anything else I need to clear up for you?

Goldie flag football don't count......lmao running the football is managing the clock.....Blockbuster do have football for dummies!!!!!!!!!!!!

And dear Lord, if you're going to try to be clever, please at least use a company that isn't bankrupt and out of business. Maybe try something alittle more up to date.