DawgDaze

Who wins the rematch from 2010?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Can a young Carthage team defeat Argyle

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those three games didn't really mean much did they? They were outside your division. As for Argyle we got stuffed by Prosper early in the season and we came back and clawed our way back to the top. We are classy and high class. Watch out Chihuahuas.

As a matter of fact, one loss was to the Gilmer Buckeyes in the last second of the game due to a field goal in district play. You sir are just a stepping stone to get back to Gilmer at a neutral site and see who the true district champ is in 16 3a. And before you go around calling names like that these are the Dawgs that was supposed to have been but through the Henderson Lions so called "obedience school" to learn to sit and roll over and we put then to shame.

Excellent post Bigorange! I am predicting your Bobcats by a similar margin and would love to see state titles taken home by both of our contingents. I don't think that there is a team in Texas that knows better how to play the game right and win come playoff time like Celina does, and the proof is in the numbers.

gilmer? lake travis? south lake carrol? dangerfield?

As a matter of fact, one loss was to the Gilmer Buckeyes in the last second of the game due to a field goal in district play. You sir are just a stepping stone to get back to Gilmer at a neutral site and see who the true district champ is in 16 3a. And before you go around calling names like that these are the Dawgs that was supposed to have been but through the Henderson Lions so called "obedience school" to learn to sit and roll over and we put then to shame.

The name Henderson means nothing to us. Once again dwelling on the past I see. North central Texas is slowly but surely emerging as a birthplace of Texas powerhouses. East Texas stops at 3a.

Those three games didn't really mean much did they? They were outside your division. As for Argyle we got stuffed by Prosper early in the season and we came back and clawed our way back to the top. We are classy and high class. Watch out Chihuahuas.

Awww quit throwing a hissy fit you big whinny baby i bet you didnt like Argyle till they got in the playoffs...... i bet you never played football and if you did i beat you sat the bench the whole time... i have started on varsity as a freshman and was drafted to TCU on a full ride.... if anyone knows football it would be me... Carthage by 27...read the name you bandwagon

GET WRECKED!

Awww quit throwing a hissy fit you big whinny baby i bet you didnt like Argyle till they got in the playoffs...... i bet you never played football and if you did i beat you sat the bench the whole time... i have started on varsity as a freshman and was drafted to TCU on a full ride.... if anyone knows football it would be me... Carthage by 27...read the name you bandwagon

GET WRECKED!

-1 too far everyone is butting heads not downplaying and using names keep it respectful unless you want to be the example of classless your two cents holds as much water as everyone elses both programs have accomplished great feats so it wouldnt surprise me if it went either way

gilmer? lake travis? south lake carrol? dangerfield?

Excellent programs and records JJ, but in fairness you have to note that I stated "any better than" Celina, which also is a team that I am much more familiar with having had the privilege and challenge of sharing a district with at various times in the past. Carthage, to restate the obvious, has had a pretty impressive run as well. But nobody has the number of titles at this level that Celina has (or any level for that matter).

http://uil100.org/archives/athletics/football.php The numbers speak for themselves.

GET WRECKED!

Ya I guess graduating from Argyle High School counts me as a bandwagoner. By the way, where would you get a margin of 27 points from. I'm not taking football advice from a phony.

The name Henderson means nothing to us. Once again dwelling on the past I see. North central Texas is slowly but surely emerging as a birthplace of Texas powerhouses. East Texas stops at 3a.

How are you gonna be all like Argyle this, Argyle that then all of a sudden turn and just admit defeat. Because yes east Texas dominates every othe class and are cokingnon strong in 4 and 5 a with lufkin, Longview, and JT. I don't think Argule stands a chance against any of those teams.

Yep, yall sure are GILLLLLLMER, alright. Elmer Fudds cousin, as I recall. I bet...bet... bet... yall might be lucky enuff to meet us again this year for a regional bout...bout...bout...! But that will be next week. Right now we are tryin to make this Dawgnation quit barkin so much. It gets annoying and interrupts everybody's holiday cheer.

Dude, what are you 12 or what?!? Your spelling is quite laughable, guess that is a product of coming from Argyle. As for making the "Dawgnation" quit barking, good luck with that! You people from Argyle on this message board have done nothing since last years defeat but become more ignorant & bitter from last year. The lack of class each one of yall show on here is most embarassing for your town. Show some pride & class like we do! Not one opponet we've faced this year has even come close to the class-less trash talk that yall do on here. Yes our town has class, thought maybe yall had learned that last year but I guess our boys (not boyz) will have to give yall a refreasher course Friday nite!

DAWGS ROLL....4-PEAT BOUND!

I said before the season ever started that Argyle was the best team in 3a and should be number 1 and I still believe that and Carthage soon will. Argyle is better than they were last year especially on defense. Their dine and linebackers are big, strong and fast. The game won't be high scoring, but Argyle will when in 35 21 type game. To be honest I'm glad we don't have to play them because it would take a perfect game to beat them this year.

I reckon some of you East Texas folks have no idea about the backround of our little community in Argyle south of Denton. We didn't even have a high school til about 8 yrs. ago. And the first year was our only losing season, as we had only Freshmen & Sophs. The very next year we won with Jrs. in 2A, Coach Rodgers first year as our Head Football Coach. We went to the State Championship game and lost to Newton in Tyler Rose Stadium on a freezing nite 28-20. They completed a perfect season that year, beating a few 3a schools in predistrict. We've been in the playoffs every year but the first. We won the Texas Cup in 2A and now in 3A in our short history. And now we are about to win a big game on our way to State against yall. So don't assume something you have no knowledge of. Just know that you are not dealing with a perennial loser. Just the opposite. We are used to winning in all the sports, UIL, band, the works. Move over Carthage. Argyle can and will compete with you.:excl:

I've only seen Argyle on TV this year and last year vs. Gilmer but they appear to be a very good football team. I was hoping to see Carthage from the Van side of the field this year. But since my Vandals are done I'll be there for this one with friends from Carthage. Unfortunately I've watched a lot of Carthage football the past few years, lol. At least I don't have to change my red attire. I think this one will be close and should be a great game.

I wish this game was on Saturday cause I would sure love to see it.

Agreed sir, would love to see both of these games. Along with your record speaking for itself regarding championship football, from my observations over the years there is no school that does a better job of playing the game of football in a fundamentally sound, extremely hard nosed yet classy manner than the Celina Bobcats. Anybody who does not share that sentiment simply has not had the privilege of seeing Celina play the game too often. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Celina+Coach.+%28Making+A+Difference%29.-a080964660

The sweaters are OK JJ, but I am partial to the socks myself. That team was a very young one, and has matured quite a bit in the last year!

true they are a good team i recently moved away from gilmer and i went to the gilmer and argyle game to watch my friends on the football team and support them but they lost to a argyle team who wanted it more than the buxs so i have mixed feelings on who i want to win this oneblush.gif and for the bux to HOPEfully play

but hey good luck to both teams in this match up

And let me just inform you Carthage people that you have Argyle's greatest respect as a formidable opponent on the playing field in this game we call football. You have earned it from past years, and again this season with your young players performing like seasoned varsity stars. And that alone could spell your doom. You see, we continue to perform well in many areas, not just football, but have never garnered even an ounce of the respect you have for winning football games. So the way we see it, we just need to beat you guys at your game so we can get some of that respect stuff that is apparently missing in our accomplished resume. I realize when you are on the top looking down, you want everyone to respect you for your accomplishments. And we do. We just want to be the ones on top, that's all. And this is another opportunity to make it happen.