Carthage (9-3) Vs. Argyle (11-1) Regional Round Playoffs

DawgDaze

Who wins the rematch from 2010?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Can a young Carthage team defeat Argyle

Now before we go any further, let me just get the 'playing rules' straight here. You Carthegenians can talk all the smack you want, and be as pure as the driven snow doing it. And when the opposing viewpoints or fanbase wants to chime in with a return volley, we are all classless, rude, disrespecting derilects that have no business even being in the playoffs, muchless on the same field with Carthage. If this is the way you want it to go, then just keep it up and we'll call it quits now. You'll just see us in Mansfield on Friday cheering our team to victory like we have done every week, regardless of who we are playing.

Good!! Cause Mansfield will Be RED out Friday We are coming deep,, And i havent seen nobody disrespect yall everybody just trash talking. Some People on here never played football. And if u ask YES i played under Surratt his first year in Carthage

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then let's talk some football and smack, and keep the "classless" and "rude" remarks outta of the thread. We are the ones being denigrated, not the wonderful and perfect Carthage fanbase and players. If you were on the other end of such nonsense and lies, and you are not, you would just shake your head and part company too. Fair is fair, but Argyle does have its pride too. So keep the class card in your pocket and play that card on yourself in the mirror sometime, Ok?

all you argill people keep saying "a tcu committed player" or something lile that....well we in gilmer have 3 committints from RICE UNIV>.....where would you like more for a degree...i know this is a argill/cartharage topic but i wanted to get that in it

we arrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee GILMER :blink: :wacko: :blush: :unsure: .

all you argill people keep saying "a tcu committed player" or something lile that....well we in gilmer have 3 committints from RICE UNIV>.....where would you like more for a degree...i know this is a argill/cartharage topic but i wanted to get that in it

Turner

Pollard

Who's the third? Not saying I don't believe you just curious is all.

I think that's just great, Jackpots. That there are so many quality football players in 3A getting scholarships to major Division 1 schools is a testament to their coaches and communities. We have a reciever playing at Vanderbilt, which is not an easy school to get into, also. And our kicker last year is now at Wake Forest on a football/soccer scholarship. And many other teams in 3A can boast equally prideful results for some of their boyz and girls. We are truly happy to be in these contests with the East Texas District of Doom teams. It puts us in a more competitive arena as far as the rest of 3A is concerned, and we welcome the challenge. Please don't expect us to roll over and play dead, though. We are just like your fine town is. We come to play, play hard, and try to win. But win or lose, we will always congratulate our opponents and look forward to our next contest together.

we arrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee GILMER :blink: :wacko: :blush: :unsure: .

I knew that Jackpots, and that is outstanding! Turner and Pollard should do very well there! Rice is a fine school and I join you in wishing those young men the best! Our quarterback Austin Aune committed to TCU as a junior, and David Johnson is a defensive end starting there as a sophomore....they just beat Boise State thanks in part to his efforts.

I think that's just great, Jackpots. That there are so many quality football players in 3A getting scholarships to major Division 1 schools is a testament to their coaches and communities. We have a reciever playing at Vanderbilt, which is not an easy school to get into, also. And our kicker last year is now at Wake Forest on a football/soccer scholarship. And many other teams in 3A can boast equally prideful results for some of their boyz and girls. We are truly happy to be in these contests with the East Texas District of Doom teams. It puts us in a more competitive arena as far as the rest of 3A is concerned, and we welcome the challenge. Please don't expect us to roll over and play dead, though. We are just like your fine town is. We come to play, play hard, and try to win. But win or lose, we will always congratulate our opponents and look forward to our next contest together.

I AGREE 100%

Hey Argyle folks if you go to YouTube and type in Carthage vs Henderson you can watch the entire game. I have no doubts Argyle can and will beat Carthage.

Thanks BigOrange, however, I clicked on the game and was having a hard time watching due to the announcing.

I paraphrase here, but on a long play called back in the second half the announcers were saying "There is no way that can be against us....our boy was all alone!" Maybe I'll try it again without the volume.

Hey Argyle folks if you go to YouTube and type in Carthage vs Henderson you can watch the entire game. I have no doubts Argyle can and will beat Carthage.

Wow!! lol lol lol We havent even played yet!! You know alot of people did this to us Judge us on a game in the past thats how you losee and Celina-boy Are you still Upset with us (carthage) since u wana tell everybody to go on youtube,, Just for entertainment go to Youtube and type in Carthage vs Celina LOL

Thanks BigOrange, however, I clicked on the game and was having a hard time watching due to the announcing.

I paraphrase here, but on a long play called back in the second half the announcers were saying "There is no way that can be against us....our boy was all alone!" Maybe I'll try it again without the volume.

Yeah the announcers are backwood homers for sure. At one time the announcer said onest, I couldn't believe it.

I reckon some of you East Texas folks have no idea about the backround of our little community in Argyle south of Denton. We didn't even have a high school til about 8 yrs. ago. And the first year was our only losing season, as we had only Freshmen & Sophs. The very next year we won with Jrs. in 2A, Coach Rodgers first year as our Head Football Coach. We went to the State Championship game and lost to Newton in Tyler Rose Stadium on a freezing nite 28-20. They completed a perfect season that year, beating a few 3a schools in predistrict. We've been in the playoffs every year but the first. We won the Texas Cup in 2A and now in 3A in our short history. And now we are about to win a big game on our way to State against yall. So don't assume something you have no knowledge of. Just know that you are not dealing with a perennial loser. Just the opposite. We are used to winning in all the sports, UIL, band, the works. Move over Carthage. Argyle can and will compete with you.:excl:

to add to that hey Celina folks scroll down on the right side about 10 videos to "Time to get some Rings" and know whats up ;)

Wow!! lol lol lol We havent even played yet!! You know alot of people did this to us Judge us on a game in the past thats how you losee and Celina-boy Are you still Upset with us (carthage) since u wana tell everybody to go on youtube,, Just for entertainment go to Youtube and type in Carthage vs Celina LOL

I'm not at all upset with Carthage as a matter of fact I rooted for Carthage last year against Brownwood and hoped y'all would win the title. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up a game that happened 3 years ago. Y'all beat us congratulations again on the win get over it we have.

I'm not at all upset with Carthage as a matter of fact I rooted for Carthage last year against Brownwood and hoped y'all would win the title. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up a game that happened 3 years ago. Y'all beat us congratulations again on the win get over it we have.

Sir,, So you are saying that from just looking at the game on Youtube that Argyle will beat us we have no chance,, Correct

I'm partial to either the sweater or sock. I would take that over the Carthage wife beater.

Good point Argyle, and with this in mind I have proclaimed this upcoming Friday in my workplace as a casual day in recognition of some of these rabidhomerdawgs henceforth to be known as "Wear a wife beater to work casual Friday"!

Sir,, So you are saying that from just looking at the game on Youtube that Argyle will beat us we have no chance,, Correct

No that is not what I'm saying. Carthage has a good chance at winning, but from that video Carthage will have to play better than that to beat Argyle. Argyles dine is way better than Hendersons and much faster and from what I saw on the video they will give y'all a lot of problems. Im not knocking Carthage because y'all have earned my respect, but if what is on that video is the best y'all got I feel confident Argyle will win the game.

No that is not what I'm saying. Carthage has a good chance at winning, but from that video Carthage will have to play better than that to beat Argyle. Argyles dine is way better than Hendersons and much faster and from what I saw on the video they will give y'all a lot of problems. Im not knocking Carthage because y'all have earned my respect, but if what is on that video is the best y'all got I feel confident Argyle will win the game.

Okay I understand i got ya,, In the First Round L.E had a Good Dline and the whole Defense was VERY fast But Argyle is a Different team and a Much better Offense I bet that Carthage Have the Best Secondary Argyle will see Led By Ed. Pope

I don't care which team you are a fan of that was funny right there!

Couple things, Orange...that game was about a month ago. I think our offense has made great strides since then. Blake has improved his pre-snap reads and decision making every week.

Second, I watched the Prosper/Argyle game from this past Friday. Prosper may have had some talent, but their secondary was very poor in coverage. Their offense also consisted of too many plays where the qb dropped back, looked at his first option, then ran...don't get me wrong, he was a heck of an athlete and made some plays, but it limited the offense. He clearly missed open receivers several times. The announcers tried to blame the wind, but Aune looked ok...of course he may just be that good.

Argyle's d-line you keep mentioning looked pretty quick, but small. I think the Carthage O-line will get them off the ball.

There is no doubt Aune is a great qb, but one of the strengths of this Carthage team is their secondary, so that matchup should be exciting.

Don't know where to start with something like this. I can tell you that the Argyle coach has enjoyed tremendous success since he took over the program. He has helped a lot of young men move on to play at the next level on Saturdays (Division 1 in fact along with many others)or in other endeavors, and does not choose opponents based on what you posted here, especially in the non district schedule. I have always observed him to pick the toughest non district schedule he can find in fact. He has no control over who is in his district, that is handled by the UIL. But a lot of those worthy teams might be pretty offended by your take on them as well. Some posters have indicated on here that you are, not unlike us, very proud of your coach, as it sounds like you should be. Since I don't know a great deal about him, I won't be taking any cheap shots at the man and will tend to agree with what rational sounding posters say about the man. You should consider doing the same.

Calm down there. There was. I cheap shot. He was just pointing out that you have the same coach who lost to Carthage last year and Argyle plays a weak schedule. We all understand half of those games you have no control over, but non-district games you do. The school of thought around here is play a high level of competition in these "meaningless" games, so that your kids face adversity prior to district or round 2 of the playoffs in some cases. Your. Lacy may think its best to play bad teams or may not have been able to find stiffer competition...it's just an observation, not a pot shot...

Relax and enjoy what little time you have left in the football season! LOL!

I said before the season ever started that Argyle was the best team in 3a and should be number 1 and I still believe that and Carthage soon will. Argyle is better than they were last year especially on defense. Their dine and linebackers are big, strong and fast. The game won't be high scoring, but Argyle will when in 35 21 type game. To be honest I'm glad we don't have to play them because it would take a perfect game to beat them this year.

I hope Carthage wins this game and I believe they will. You must be a homer if you think Arygle is the best team in 3A . Tell you what you do, talk to your coach and see if he wants to come East for some non district games next year. We may have a team or two that would love to play Argyle. I know one thing for sure, Arygle would have more than 1 loss in the column. Now look what you have gone and done, you have me talking smack, sorry, let me get back on point.

This is how I see the game with out the smack.

Q/B = Argyle

RB = Carthage

O line = even

D line = even

Linebackers = Carthage(speed)

Secondary = Carthage(speed)

Coaching = Carthage(simple, the man has 4 rings)

Experience = Argyle

Carthage 28 Arygle 21

God Bless and no injuries