H.S. Football Coaching Carousel

Smoaky

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope about the 4 yrs ol cloud of bad luck u talked about doesn't happen because I have a 6th grade son & nephew that r super athletes and I really would hate that.. I know one of the main problems that we have and it some of the ppl that have a say so in this coaching search does not want to win at all cost.. They dont want to rock the boat so to speak.. Ppl of Teague r not the same as 20 yrs ago when Coach Hayes was hired and just wanted alittle winning because we know we can win and win big.. If they understand they have to give it over to a great coach and let him do his thing(whatever he feels he has to do) and just back him 100% and quit trying to act like Jerry Jones we will be in a very good position.. I think things will workout for the best and we will be very happy on who gets this job..

I hope it doesn't either because I have daughters that are going to be coming up before long and am concerned that these "people of Teague" are trying to run a show they know nothing about. There is a BIG picture that includes ALL kids and if "they" are just concerned about Football, then there will be alot of talent wasted on other programs, girls included. Don't get me wrong here, because I love football too, but that's not all there is. I am not sure how much longer the old group of the "people of teague" will sit out. we are ready for not only wins on the field but wins off as well, including girls programs, strength in playing and strength in life lessons. A role model with strong FAMILY values and GOOD morals. seems a lot of that has been stripped away around here. I woiuldn't be surprised if the new coach doesn't get run off after a year, and with this reputation, it may be someone that wants a stepping stone for a year or two and then they are off to bigger places. No one is going to come here to stay that is what you want, becasue they can make more money and a name for themseves elsewhere where things are more positive. hope things work out, but there are "people of Teague" that needs to slow down and realize what life is all about.

I know one of the main problems that we have and it some of the ppl that have a say so in this coaching search does not want to win at all cost..They dont want to rock the boat so to speak.. Ppl of Teague r not the same as 20 yrs ago when Coach Hayes was hired and just wanted alittle winning because we know we can win and win big.. If they understand they have to give it over to a great coach and let him do his thing(whatever he feels he has to do) and just back him 100% and quit trying to act like Jerry Jones we will be in a very good position.. I think things will workout for the best and we will be very happy on who gets this job..

Win at all costs? Like cheat? Recruit? What? Cause this ain't just football - this is ALL sports - you forgetting that? If you want to win "at all costs" you might be in the wrong place. And brutha, no coach just "want to win a little" that's a stupid statement. You might be "one of the problems"

Win at all costs? Like cheat? Recruit? What? Cause this ain't just football - this is ALL sports - you forgetting that? If you want to win "at all costs" you might be in the wrong place. And brutha, no coach just "want to win a little" that's a stupid statement. You might be "one of the problems"

Amen Brotha!

I hope it doesn't either because I have daughters that are going to be coming up before long and am concerned that these "people of Teague" are trying to run a show they know nothing about. There is a BIG picture that includes ALL kids and if "they" are just concerned about Football, then there will be alot of talent wasted on other programs, girls included. Don't get me wrong here, because I love football too, but that's not all there is. I am not sure how much longer the old group of the "people of teague" will sit out. we are ready for not only wins on the field but wins off as well, including girls programs, strength in playing and strength in life lessons. A role model with strong FAMILY values and GOOD morals. seems a lot of that has been stripped away around here. I woiuldn't be surprised if the new coach doesn't get run off after a year, and with this reputation, it may be someone that wants a stepping stone for a year or two and then they are off to bigger places. No one is going to come here to stay that is what you want, becasue they can make more money and a name for themseves elsewhere where things are more positive. hope things work out, but there are "people of Teague" that needs to slow down and realize what life is all about.

Amen Brotha!

wish y'all would go on your own thread. I have heard lots of "rumors" about Teague. Have a buddy asking about that place and all I can say is whew you gotta be ready for a slap in the face whoever goes there. y'all do gots lots of talent, but dang........ too much negative politics and behaviors against each other. If the dang town and people can't get it together, how do you expect the kids and a coach to? sounds like y'all want to leave it a coach and let him do what he need to do, but ya haven't yet. how is anyone gonna see that it's possible not to be micromanaged by the community? glad I don't have to deal with this dung.

wish y'all would go on your own thread. I have heard lots of "rumors" about Teague. Have a buddy asking about that place and all I can say is whew you gotta be ready for a slap in the face whoever goes there. y'all do gots lots of talent, but dang........ too much negative politics and behaviors against each other. If the dang town and people can't get it together, how do you expect the kids and a coach to? sounds like y'all want to leave it a coach and let him do what he need to do, but ya haven't yet. how is anyone gonna see that it's possible not to be micromanaged by the community? glad I don't have to deal with this dung.

This job will have 150 plus applicants....

win at all cost- put ur all into winning(not just a job but a way of life)

cheat-never been a cheater

recruit-if ur good enough they will come

what-LOVE winning and do what it takes to get there

just football- naw in everything u do

no coach just wants to win alittle- wasnt talking about the coach but the townsppl

stupid statement- naw u stupid for not knowing what i wrote

You might be "one of the problems"- no for a fact i AINT

well football is ur main sport but ur right the others do count.. I want a good person but let the man have a LIFE.. Life is about what u make of it.. The old group needs to keep sitting back because they have fumbled the ball for to long..

why dont u make us our own thread?? can u give us some of the rumors n this new thread?? most of the ppl do have it together but its some that dont..u glad u dont but i do so im making my business in how this turns out..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Owens resigned/retired last spring with the hope of doing the retire/re-hire thing but they did not re-hire him. Huffstickler was appointed Interim Head Coach and has been the coach this season.

This is pretty funny. Owens retired, then a week later told the administration, in writting, that he was in no way interested in re-hiring with the TISD in any shape or form. As a matter of fact he never had anyintention of going back to work in the TISD. He intented to retire Dec. of 2010. He stayed on to insure one of his coaches

would have the opportunity to take the job. He announced to his entire staff just days after his retirement that he would not be re-applying. His disagreements and constant battles with the central adminstration for two years was enough. They did many things over a two year period to disasemble the football program. They moved the football athletic period ( without any input from him) They took coaches out of athletic periods. I read his letter of resignation ( the real one).

The adminstration currently in charge of the TISD has done a bang up job of "reeling in athletics" to quote Dr Randy Reid. It is really funny to read some of the things

that people put on these threads. The Lee job has become the laughing stock of East Texas football. They passed on Randy Huffstickler becuase the people in charge

of the hiring process do not have a clue as to what is needed to run athletics. So with this " outstanding field of applicants" they say they had...they are now down to one man left standing. Two of the three finalists have withdrawn. They now have the HC/AD from 2A Fairfield. The question now is this: Will they hire this man or ,as they have done in the past, re-start the process.

Think about it. Danny Long left, followed by Mike Owens. Coach Rush I am sure will get out when he has the chance. The idea that Traylor would consider the Lee job is Laughable. One thing for sure. Has anyone ever heard of the high school principal not being involved in the hiring process from the beginning. The Lee principal was only involved in the last interview after the central administration had already got the process down to three people ( two of which have withdrawn).

The problem is this: The administrative group that interviewed the candidates made a big mnistake. They gave the final three men too many opportunities to meet with this group. After visiting with the interview group they discovered that none of them have a clue about athletics or how to run an athletic program.

Two of the three have made the right decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that the Jacksonville HC/AD position just came open. The Old Coach is reporting that Steve Wells has turned in his resignation. Can you confirm this, Smoaky? Who will they get this late in the game to replace him? Will he be somebody already on the coaching staff?

Owens resigned/retired last spring with the hope of doing the retire/re-hire thing but they did not re-hire him. Huffstickler was appointed Interim Head Coach and has been the coach this season.

Owens did not want to tbe rehired. He put in his real resignation a week after announceing his retirement.

I just read that the Jacksonville HC/AD position just came open. The Old Coach is reporting that Steve Wells has turned in his resignation. Can you confirm this, Smoaky? Who will they get this late in the game to replace him? Will he be somebody already on the coaching staff?

Yes, confirmed.

The adminstration currently in charge of the TISD has done a bang up job of "reeling in athletics" to quote Dr Randy Reid.

Based on Randy Reid's years at Sulphur Springs, candidates for jobs who are members of the Church of Christ seem to often be selected over all others.

Coach Quick will be named this week as the new head man..

The stadium in Lufkin has also already been named - for Abe Martin.

But I doubt if that deters any East Texas coach from applying for this plum position.

Methinks Coach Outlaw's untimely demise will make updating resumes a priority this Christmas -

Perhaps some that haven't been updated for years.

• 3 weeks later...