Sherman has lost his team.

WETSU

I've been reading posters from gigem247 who are students at tamu. They are friends with guys like fuller and other players. Supposedly, even the players have been joking about Sherman for weeks. The posters say that they clearly have little respect for him or believe in his system. They all say they really like Deruyter and the assistants, but they do not like Sherman.

I've been reading posters from gigem247 who are students at tamu. They are friends with guys like fuller and other players. Supposedly, even the players have been joking about Sherman for weeks. The posters say that they clearly have little respect for him or believe in his system. They all say they really like Deruyter and the assistants, but they do not like Sherman.

I am not buying that, or at least some of it. Lots of times when they are losing , a team especially seniors take it out on the coach, when deep down they know it is not the coaches fault. You always have coaches you either like or dislike, think they or better etc. Deruyter hasnt done as much but to tell you the truth, the Aggie are a beat up bunch and have been from the get go this year.

I am not buying that, or at least some of it. Lots of times when they are losing , a team especially seniors take it out on the coach, when deep down they know it is not the coaches fault. You always have coaches you either like or dislike, think they or better etc. Deruyter hasnt done as much but to tell you the truth, the Aggie are a beat up bunch and have been from the get go this year.

Just passing along what I've read. Fwiw, there is more than one poster who has said that and 2 of them I trust with their info. I see your points though.

Question for ya WETSU. What makes so many aggies think they can lure Peterson/Meyer etc to College Station? Not flaming, but I just don't see it happening. I was reading over on texags and the majority of the posters seem to be convinced that Peterson/Meyer etc should be the next coach, even though Sherman appears to be safe, outside of the fans opinions.

Question for ya WETSU. What makes so many aggies think they can lure Peterson/Meyer etc to College Station? Not flaming, but I just don't see it happening. I was reading over on texags and the majority of the posters seem to be convinced that Peterson/Meyer etc should be the next coach, even though Sherman appears to be safe, outside of the fans opinions.

Aggies want a coach like that. Everyone knows Meyer won't be coming here, but a young coach like him could be an option.

Let me make this clear. Tamu will NEVER even make a run for those two guys. The decision makers don't know how to hire winners. IMO the next head coach at tamu is one of three people... Kevin sumlin from Houston is the front runner. He is a former tamu assistant and knows the Houston recruits well. He is a guy who would jump on the job IMO if asked. Next is chad Morris OC from Clemson. He is a aggie grad and actually wanted the OC position last year. He would definitely take it if offered. He has extremely strong ties to Texas high school coaches from his tenure at lake Travis. Lastly is not a realistic option IMO but it is being tossed around regularly from what I've heard. Fedora from southern Miss.

I would like any of those three. In reality though, Sherman will be asked to hire a OC and he will get two years in the sec. He will probably cut lose a defensive assistant and hire from within. Someone he can just boss around. Maybe hire GA Zach taylor and pay him minimum amount to hold the title and sit it the press box while Sherman runs another season into the ground with idiotic play calling.

Let me make this clear. Tamu will NEVER even make a run for those two guys. The decision makers don't know how to hire winners. IMO the next head coach at tamu is one of three people... Kevin sumlin from Houston is the front runner. He is a former tamu assistant and knows the Houston recruits well. He is a guy who would jump on the job IMO if asked. Next is chad Morris OC from Clemson. He is a aggie grad and actually wanted the OC position last year. He would definitely take it if offered. He has extremely strong ties to Texas high school coaches from his tenure at lake Travis. Lastly is not a realistic option IMO but it is being tossed around regularly from what I've heard. Fedora from southern Miss.

I would like any of those three. In reality though, Sherman will be asked to hire a OC and he will get two years in the sec. He will probably cut lose a defensive assistant and hire from within. Someone he can just boss around. Maybe hire GA Zach taylor and pay him minimum amount to hold the title and sit it the press box while Sherman runs another season into the ground with idiotic play calling.

Which defensive asistant do you think will be cut loose? DeRuyter is really the only name I'm familiar with.

Which defensive asistant do you think will be cut loose? DeRuyter is really the only name I'm familiar with.

If I were a betting man... Deruyter is staying easily. Defensive line coach Terrell Williams is a lock to stay as well. Linebacker coaches nick Toth and Dat Nguyen are safe as well.

The coach I see leaving are going to be tough but here is why. Running backs coach randy Jordan is probably the first to go. He is the worst recruiter on the staff despite being maybe the best actual position coach.

I think we will be shocked at the changes though. Everyone but the 4 defensive assistants I mentioned above, and oline coach JIm turner are in danger. Look for those guys to stay.

If I were a betting man... Deruyter is staying easily. Defensive line coach Terrell Williams is a lock to stay as well. Linebacker coaches nick Toth and Dat Nguyen are safe as well.

The coach I see leaving are going to be tough but here is why. Running backs coach randy Jordan is probably the first to go. He is the worst recruiter on the staff despite being maybe the best actual position coach.

I think we will be shocked at the changes though. Everyone but the 4 defensive assistants I mentioned above, and oline coach JIm turner are in danger. Look for those guys to stay.

Maybe I'm mising something, but I don't get the big fascination with DeRuyter.

I'm not saying he is great production but he will be around for another year regardless. I think people overlook how sorry the tamu defense has been the whole decade. He had a freak athlete last year that made him look better than they Gould have been, but he is still learning and getting the type of athletes in place that are needed. He simply doesn't have the horses right now. They were highly underdeveloped when he got on campus and his scheme is one that relys on great technique.

He gets one more year to at least show a decent improvement. The Aggies defense has been torched, but they have done enough to be 11-1 if the offense didn't lay down and quit the third quarter of every game. The defense does enough to win if the offense plays well, but they aren't like teams like Texas or lsu, who's defense can literally win them games almost by themselves.

The main reason why I am giving him one more chance is this... I've watched footage of a couple of his coaching clinics and the guy is one of the most knowledgeable DCs in the game. His scheme is just one that gambles constantly. Some weeks he will look great. Others he may look bad. I really like his style and the players love him. I'm willing to give him 1 more year to get more of his players in place first. There will be 6-7 players in his starting 11 that he recruited, as opposed to only 2 this season.

He had Von Miller last year. Most aggies thought ok Von is gone but DeRuyter knows his stuff it'll be ok. It is clear as day now that Von's presence on the field made DeRuyter's job a lot easier. The aggie defense this year couldn't tackle or cover anyone downfield at all. I always knew when they threw it towards a certain safety it was as good as a sure thing that the receiver would catch the ball or he would miss the tackle.

He had Von Miller last year. Most aggies thought ok Von is gone but DeRuyter knows his stuff it'll be ok. It is clear as day now that Von's presence on the field made DeRuyter's job a lot easier. The aggie defense this year couldn't tackle or cover anyone downfield at all. I always knew when they threw it towards a certain safety it was as good as a sure thing that the receiver would catch the ball or he would miss the tackle.

When deruyter started this season, one of his started corners never played corner until college. One of his starting MLBs was recruited as a WR but there was such a hole at linebacker he put on 40 pounds and moved to MLB last season. One of his starting DEs is a recruited fb/TE who was asked to put on 50 pounds and moved to DE.

I say this, because while I do expect more from deruyter, his starting 11 was basically 6-7 true players with 4 playing out of position. Von made him look great just like he is making the broncos defense look legit again. Now that he is gone deruyter is having to do a little patch work to make it work. I have seen many practice films and I fully believe he is the mad for the job. The younger players, secondary in particular, are going to be much better. His best year at tamu will be next season. Mark my words. Not only are the players that will be filling the spots of seniors better athletes, but the sec offenses will fit much more into tamu strength than than the spread big 12 teams.

When deruyter started this season, one of his started corners never played corner until college. One of his starting MLBs was recruited as a WR but there was such a hole at linebacker he put on 40 pounds and moved to MLB last season. One of his starting DEs is a recruited fb/TE who was asked to put on 50 pounds and moved to DE.

I say this, because while I do expect more from deruyter, his starting 11 was basically 6-7 true players with 4 playing out of position. Von made him look great just like he is making the broncos defense look legit again. Now that he is gone deruyter is having to do a little patch work to make it work. I have seen many practice films and I fully believe he is the mad for the job. The younger players, secondary in particular, are going to be much better. His best year at tamu will be next season. Mark my words. Not only are the players that will be filling the spots of seniors better athletes, but the sec offenses will fit much more into tamu strength than than the spread big 12 teams.

No pressure from the front 3 was aggys biggest problem.