Gilmer vs. Argyle

j-hawks

The only thing I took from this game is disappointment in the gilmer fans. There always on here talking about how great and loyal they are, but ALL of the fans around me got up and left when the score was just 41-35. I didn't care who won, yet I stayed longer than most of the gilmer fans. Very disappointing...

The only thing I took from this game is disappointment in the gilmer fans. There always on here talking about how great and loyal they are, but ALL of the fans around me got up and left when the score was just 41-35. I didn't care who won, yet I stayed longer than most of the gilmer fans. Very disappointing...

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+100000000

I went to this game thinking I was gonna see a good Gilmer team match up against a good Argyle team but at the end of the day I think that the Dawgs could have beaten either one of those two teams tonight.

1322888956[/url]' post='1654514']

I hear ya.. That's not cool.They have a real hard time being a good loser.. Gotta learn, win or lose with class... Don't walk out on these kids, they need support from their fans even when they lose.

+100000000

I went to this game thinking I was gonna see a good Gilmer team match up against a good Argyle team but at the end of the day I think that the Dawgs could have beaten either one of those two teams tonight.

Sounds like it.Was it sloppy play by Gilmer??

:angry:

i don;t know where you were sitting....no one left around where i sat right on 50 yard line....why do you people get on here and degeade gilmer...just jelous....by the way ....both teams beat yall :angry: :mad: :(

:angry:

i don;t know where you were sitting....no one left around where i sat right on 50 yard line....why do you people get on here and degeade gilmer...just jelous....by the way ....both teams beat yall :angry: :mad: :(

Well obviously you weren't sitting next to me, and I'm the last person on this earth that would be jealous of gilmer. I graduated from carthage last year with all 3 state championship rings, I actually wore the 3rd one tonight. So please tell me what I have to be jealous about? Is it that I don't know what it feels like to lose in the playoffs? something that your players should be use to now.

Well obviously you weren't sitting next to me, and I'm the last person on this earth that would be jealous of gilmer. I graduated from carthage last year with all 3 state championship rings, I actually wore the 3rd one tonight. So please tell me what I have to be jealous about? Is it that I don't know what it feels like to lose in the playoffs? something that your players should be use to now.

BOOM!!!!

come on man........dont start this c rap..............

GOOD TRY TONITE BUXS YALL PLAYED YOUR HEARTS OUT NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF......WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YR......JR SO FR...........YALL GET READY

I really think Carthage lost better than this and we didn't know how to loose

That's right, both teams beat us. By a combined total of FOUR points. That tells me either of those games could have easily gone the other way; Now I was rooting for Gilmer to win it all, but if you want to get tacky, y'all got your "hats" handed to you tonight, whereas we only got beat by one measly lil point. I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you, you might have to play us again next year. We have our starting qb and rb returning, among others, while if I'm not mistaken, both of your qb's are graduating. Is this correct?

Okay folks. Let's show a little bit of class and respect, for yourselves and the teams in which you represent--be it on the sidelines or as a current student.

Please refrain from using such adjectives as "idiot", "moron" or disguising profane words "ash" substituted for "." -- Calling someone that is an offense.

Any poster caught doing so will result in a three day suspension.

Problems? See the Smoakhouse Terms and Conditions (RULES)

Thanks,

delap

Just let it go man.....you know...no one likes to loose...tjats great that you have3 rings something to be proud of.........yall lost and so did we...lol.......so let it go man.......

Wrong champ bud. I was just agreeing with my buddy that has the three rings. I have none I graduated before all the fun started. But thanks for the promotion. And like I said I was just agreeing with him about the fans and the disappoi tment I had. Y'all had a great run and I didn't get on here to start c rap either just like he didn't.

I wasn't trying to start anything either, but I felt it was necessary. I mean, its fun, and this is our last time to talk c rap till next year. The only threads I comment on is carthage, gilmer, and henderson. All of them are out now. I was just trying to have a good last night of trash talk for this season. I can't wait till next season already

Went to the game......totally nonbiased.

Thought the QB from Argyle was a stud, he was able to hit the wideouts, and made some things happen with his feet as well. He is a good one.

Argyle WR were better than Gilmer's Secondary.......No one from Gilmer was able to deal with the big physical wideouts of Argyle.

Gilmer had way more speed and athleticism then Argyle, and Argyle could not cover there wideouts either.

Both teams struggled running, but Argyle was able to run the ball when it counted. Gilmer never found the holes I thought they would have. Gilmer could run around Argyle but made no yards up the middle.

Argyle won the special teams battle by hitting two clutch FG's, a great coffin corner punt towards the end of the game, and just overall thought they had stronger special teams unit.

Biggest play of the night was Gilmer Qb throwing the interception that was ran back for a touchdown......from that point on Gilmer could not keep up.

Was a good game, thought both teams played well, Argyle just a little bit better overall, and the matchup of Aune and his WR's vs. Gilmer secondary was just something Gilmer could not deal with.

Ok, I'm here,,, would like my crow fried. Have to congratulate Argyle. Good job,,, good team. There is a lot I would like to comment about. Some good,, some negative. I have a lot to say,, but nothing I could say, would make the score change. So I bow out with class. Just gonna leave well enough alone. Not worth it at this point.

Buckeyes,, you gave it a go. It's sad,, that things had to end this way. I agree, we saved our worst game for last. I know we had at least 15 penalties. So many illegal procedures,, and it seems we were in 2nd and ten all night. I warned about that very thing earlier today. Good yardage on first down was critical,, and we didn't get it often enough. Argyle is a really good team,, and we didn't match up tonight. In every season, out of all the 3A teams in the state,, there are only two State Champs. We're not the only one that won't get the trophy,, and it's a big deal to get to "any" Quartefinal game. Congrats Bucks,, for all you did this year. you guys did so good this year,, so keep your heads up,, and don't look back. Seniors,,, we love ya. Unfortunately it didn't end the way we wanted it to,,, but I just want you to know how much I have enjoyed this season. You make us proud,,, and we will be back gettin' it done next year. Lots of good stuff ahead of this team.

Again,, congrats argyle,, and good luck the rest of the way.

I read FOS call of the game on this thread. Must say I am not at all impressed. Very slanted view of game, gave Argyle D absolutely no credit or mention, said Gilmer was dominating when Argyle took less time to score. Attributed all Gilmer mistakes to shooting themselves in the foot. Our player made a quality play on the pick 6, and it was Gilmer's gift to us. Aune, Bossow, Sadler, Khan made the plays when needed. Eveleth picked up the tough yards when needed. But most of all, the Argyle D made stops and CAUSED Gilmer to make mistakes. Like pressure, coverage on receivers, forcing 4th downs. Yes, Gilmer made unforced errors like Argyle did. Movement penalties mostly. But they overcame most of those. That didn't beat them. Just being outmatched by Argyle was the reason we won this game. Our offense and defense played better than Gilmer's overall. Gilmer deserves much credit for what they accomplished this year, esp. with Turner going down for the season. We were in the same boat last year when we lost to Carthage. We were undefeated, 13-0,, and met a team that was better. They went on to win State. We know how it feels. The players from both teams wanted to win. This year, it was just Argyle's time to win. We had the line, defense, and skill players. Aune is a Sr. with 36 starts now. He is 33-3. He started mid-season in his soph. year and took us to the playoffs with a young team. These boyz have had their share of disappointment, and now they finally win a biggie. Give credit where credit is due. That's all I have to say.

'

scottie ....how do yall cook your crow at your house,,,,,had you rather wait till christmas and bring it by my house....i guess i am now a argill eagle supporter for a couple weaks :unsure: :blink: :wacko: :o

We'll be extremely proud to have you on board jackpots! Another excellent football game tied at the half and a privilege being able to match up with your Gilmer team once again. This is very likely the best team that Argyle has ever fielded, and your young men gave us all we could handle and then some. Your QB is an excellent one and Pollard is a highlight film, and several others were very impressive. Another one of those games where you hated to see someone have to end their season, but your pride in your young men is very evident and very understandable. Nothing for anyone to hang any heads about in this one. Have enjoyed the back and forth with you jackpots, and I am more than humbled by the reports of the American hero, Billy Wayne Machen from Gilmer, whom you attended school with.

http://www.navyseals...am-hero-honored