Mack Brown

BRAD

Don't get emotional and comment with heart. I know were young but when ur that high profile I think you have to expect more. Now this does not include our defense. Have kinda been disappointed in Harshin.

Dude, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but what the hell are you asking exactly? If you're going to start a topic, at least proof read it first.....geez.

I do think Mack Brown has earned his money. He turned the Texas program around after Mackovic had run it into the ground. He has won more games in the last ten years than anyone, and played for 2 national championships. Probably would've won both if not for the freak accident to Colt. We could do much worse than Mack Brown.

Before some of you start with the Stoops comparisons, my issue with him is Stoops lack of class. Intentionally running up scores, playing injured players, and lack of institutional control over his players. IMO, MB has done a much, much better job of displaying class than Stoops. I'll take that any day of the week....even if it means a few less wins.

The real starting QB going forward isn't on the roster yet. That coupled with a mediocre receiving corps hurts the offense. Can't blame Mack because Gilbert flopped. Nobody thought Gilbert would be as bad as he was. Texas should have been cruising with a parade all-american behind center.

The real starting QB going forward isn't on the roster yet. That coupled with a mediocre receiving corps hurts the offense. Can't blame Mack because Gilbert flopped. Nobody thought Gilbert would be as bad as he was. Texas should have been cruising with a parade all-american behind center.

Agree, a super star will emerge at qb sooner or later. I'm more pleased to see the Texas defense develop into a hard-hitting bunch of badasses.....the way it should be. Winning starts with defense.

The fact that we went into CS and beat the aggies without a passing game(the only real weakness of the aggie team) is remarkable....plain and simple.

Mack did an excellent job in hiring Diaz, the verdict is still out on Harsin in the passing game but he doesn't have the type QB his system needs. Now he has done wonders for our running game already.

I really love the shots of Major on the sideline yelling and screaming, whether because of terrible penalty or great play from our guys.

Our defense is smash mouth, I wish we had Robinson and Acho one more year.

I'm assuming you are referring to Brewer as the future starter.I'll withhold judgement until he shows up and starts performing at QB. Last time so many fell for the hotshot incoming QB recruit we got surprised by Gilbert.

Dude, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but what the hell are you asking exactly? If you're going to start a topic, at least proof read it first.....geez.

so you choose a negative response instead of question I asked. Thought we are on same team

I do think Mack Brown has earned his money. He turned the Texas program around after Mackovic had run it into the ground. He has won more games in the last ten years than anyone, and played for 2 national championships. Probably would've won both if not for the freak accident to Colt. We could do much worse than Mack Brown.

Before some of you start with the Stoops comparisons, my issue with him is Stoops lack of class. Intentionally running up scores, playing injured players, and lack of institutional control over his players. IMO, MB has done a much, much better job of displaying class than Stoops. I'll take that any day of the week....even if it means a few less wins.

I agree with you but there are two things I semi question about your stoops comments...

For starters, he does run up the score at times but he makes sure his guys don't lay down and let teams sneak back in. If Sherman had that mentality, the ags are probably 11-1 not 6-6. So being a "good guy" is not necessarily a good thing in terms of production.

I also think that it's a bit harsh saying that stoops has any less control over his team than any other coach. Mack has had just as many arrest/suspended players as stoops. Sherman had his share of offseason problems as well. These kids are doing stupid things at EVERY program not just OU.

Ps. While I'm bein picky, let's not play the what if game with colt. It was 0-0 when he got hurt. Not like they were up and bama came back into it because of it.

If measured against other college football coaches...Mack has earned his salary.

That being said, they almost all are paid too much. There is far too much emphasis on sports, especially football, in all aspects of our educational system.

Spare me the "sports teaches ______" schpiel. I don't dispute their are some positives to sports.

If measured against other college football coaches...Mack has earned his salary.

That being said, they almost all are paid too much. There is far too much emphasis on sports, especially football, in all aspects of our educational system.

Spare me the "sports teaches ______" schpiel. I don't dispute their are some positives to sports.

I agree. Mack has earned every penny. IMO towards the OP, I think Mack gets one more season to really turn it around. I mean, next year should be 10 wins or he's gone. The only teams that will return the talent to beat the horns is OU. OSU and Baylor will be rebuilding, tech is a mess and tamu and mizzou are gone. This years is what should have realistically been expected. 7-5 or 8-4 and set up for 10 wins in 2012.

So in short, Mack gets one more year. If he doesn't win 10 he should call it quits.

Personally, I don't have a problem with anyone in college running up the score, seeing as how that's what goes along with the system they have in place. College football rewards for style points more than they do just a win. That said, I wish Texas would actually do this more often. If so, just maybe it would have been Texas playing in 2008 rather than OU.

All that said, up to this point Mack Brown has earned the money he's made. I mean think about it, are there many coaches who have accomplished more than he has in the last 10 years...No. So why shouldn't he be one of the highest paid???

Now that said, even the best of the reach a time where it's time to walk away. Whether or not it's that time for Mack, I don't know...but I do know it's obviously getting close.

I agree with you but there are two things I semi question about your stoops comments...

For starters, he does run up the score at times but he makes sure his guys don't lay down and let teams sneak back in. If Sherman had that mentality, the ags are probably 11-1 not 6-6. So being a "good guy" is not necessarily a good thing in terms of production.

I also think that it's a bit harsh saying that stoops has any less control over his team than any other coach. Mack has had just as many arrest/suspended players as stoops. Sherman had his share of offseason problems as well. These kids are doing stupid things at EVERY program not just OU.

Ps. While I'm bein picky, let's not play the what if game with colt. It was 0-0 when he got hurt. Not like they were up and bama came back into it because of it.

You're misinterpreting. First of all, I'm talking about Stoops history of running up score.....like throwing for the endzone in the 4th qtr with a big lead and the game WELL IN HAND. Obviously, the aggie games were NOT in hand. Nothing to do with Sherman's "mentality". Sherman was just stupid to not keep running the ball in the second half of a couple games. The aggies just got beat in those games, nothing to do with not running up a score.

In the fourth quarter with a huge lead, Mack has historically just had the qb hand the ball off.....the classy thing to do.

Next, I'm not talking about isolated incidents with players doing stupid things. I'm talking about groups of players being involved in scandals such as the Big Red Auto incident. There's NO F'ING WAY a head coach shouldn't know about his players doing something like this. That's just my opinion.

Dude, I'll play the what if game all I want. You do it all the time....hell, you just did by saying, "If Sherman blah, blah, blah". It's my opinion and that of many others that Colt would've won that game. Hell, we were still in that game late with Garrett Gilbert under center.

I agree. Mack has earned every penny. IMO towards the OP, I think Mack gets one more season to really turn it around. I mean, next year should be 10 wins or he's gone. The only teams that will return the talent to beat the horns is OU. OSU and Baylor will be rebuilding, tech is a mess and tamu and mizzou are gone. This years is what should have realistically been expected. 7-5 or 8-4 and set up for 10 wins in 2012.

So in short, Mack gets one more year. If he doesn't win 10 he should call it quits.

Dude, get real. Are you being serious? When is the last time the aggies had 10 wins? I guarantee you Mack Brown will NOT get fired for winning less than 10 games next year. He has EARNED the right to be where he is, and I expect he will retire when he decides....probably within 2-3 years. Good grief...

Don't get emotional and comment with heart. I know were young but when ur that high profile I think you have to expect more. Now this does not include our defense. Have kinda been disappointed in Harshin.

Ummm I'm sorry but,......read this and tell me where is the question.

"I know were young but when ur that high profile I think you have to expect more."

What does this sentence even mean? There's a question for you.

Ummm I'm sorry but,......read this and tell me where is the question.

"I know were young but when ur that high profile I think you have to expect more."

What does this sentence even mean? There's a question for you.

put a comma between the e &r or you can say we are but you knew what I was saying cause u responded

Sherman and the Aggies need to learn to finish an opponent off first. You can't start coasting with a 17 point lead and pull anybody. 35 pts yes you can, but as stated already that is when Stoopsy will be aggressive and run the score up.

to the OP, yes Mack Brown has earned his keep and money. Last year was absolutely terrible, but if that is what it took to get rid of Greg Davis so be it. Harsin has been a tad bit predictable as well and will find out that Big Boy ball isn't as easy to call as those WAC and MWC games are. Those gadgets were exposed with a fast defense like OU.

Dude, get real. Are you being serious? When is the last time the aggies had 10 wins? I guarantee you Mack Brown will NOT get fired for winning less than 10 games next year. He has EARNED the right to be where he is, and I expect he will retire when he decides....probably within 2-3 years. Good grief...

You get real. Just because I'm an aggie doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. The Aggies have nothin to do with Mack. How many 10 win seasons the ags have had has zero effect on this conversion.

My point is, Mack has had top 5 recruiting classes for the last 7-8 years. You can't go 5-7, 7-5, then another 8-4 and expect to be able to jut stay around. See bobby Bowden. At some point they will force your hand. With the talent Texas has, they should expect a 9-3 at worst next year. Anything less is a major disappointment and almost inexcusable with that talent.

What do you want though. You always brag about being Texas and better than the irrelevant aggy, but when I point out you should have higher standards for Mack you want to get worked up and start bashing Aggies. All I stated was that Mack needs to win 10 games next year with the amount of defensive talent coming back and the young qbs and RBs, is it really that big of a stretch? Geez... I'm trying to compliment your team and you get defensive. Lol

Mack Brown brings many intangibles that many don't see at UT. Mack is a solid head coach that any University would want to be their head coach. I don't have a problem with his salary in the least as a Longhorn hater, or as a taxpayer. He does more for this public University than any coach in the Nation in my opinion. If I were a fan of UT, I'd be calling for his head after the last two seasons. A vaunted program with top recruiting classes should not have records like UT has had in the last two years. UT has the talent to be in the Top 10 the last two years, but they're not making it happen on the field.

You get real. Just because I'm an aggie doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. The Aggies have nothin to do with Mack. How many 10 win seasons the ags have had has zero effect on this conversion.

My point is, Mack has had top 5 recruiting classes for the last 7-8 years. You can't go 5-7, 7-5, then another 8-4 and expect to be able to jut stay around. See bobby Bowden. At some point they will force your hand. With the talent Texas has, they should expect a 9-3 at worst next year. Anything less is a major disappointment and almost inexcusable with that talent.

What do you want though. You always brag about being Texas and better than the irrelevant aggy, but when I point out you should have higher standards for Mack you want to get worked up and start bashing Aggies. All I stated was that Mack needs to win 10 games next year with the amount of defensive talent coming back and the young qbs and RBs, is it really that big of a stretch? Geez... I'm trying to compliment your team and you get defensive. Lol

Me defensive? Lol...re-read your post.

Anyway, my comparison to aggie is quite relevant. And, on the contrary, I do have high standards for MB, both in the win/loss category and in the way he represents The University. Now, where I get a little irritated is when YOU decide that he should be ####-canned for winning less than 10 games. My point about a&m is simple: by your standards EVERY a&m coach should get fired EVERY year. Now doesn't that sound ridiculous? Yes, you are entitled to you opinion WET, and I am entitled to my opinion that your opinion is stupid lol (calm down WET, that was a joke).

BTW, where are you getting this 5-7, 7-5.....business? UT's season is not over and they have yet to go 7-5. A win over Baylor and they finish at 8-4....not a bad turn around from last year.