The State Championship Trophy

micotrav

Don't get me wrong, I just wish Royse City had "one" State Championship trophy. We made it to the Semi-Finals in '04, but that was as close as we got.

But have you noticed how plain the State Championship trophy really is? I don't remember if the design of it has ever changed. Being it represents the best of the best for an entire year and for some like Daingerfield, Sealy, Euless Trinity, Lake Travis, etc...it represents multiple years as being the best.

I'm just thinking out loud, but shouldn't it be larger and with more glitter and glam than my son's Pee Wee Championship trophy? Of course I think the Pee Wee leagues can get a little carried away sometimes, especially when the trophy is taller than the six year old carrying it ! But that is another thread for another time.

However I don't think the bigger the trophy makes any larger statement, but dress it up a little. Maybe make it a State of Texas outline with some artwork design added to it. But I may be wrong and the UIL may mandate that the size, style and shape of the most coveted trophy in Texas must always remain the same. What do you say?

Don't get me wrong, I just wish Royse City had "one" State Championship trophy. We made it to the Semi-Finals in '04, but that was as close as we got.

But have you noticed how plain the State Championship trophy really is? I don't remember if the design of it has ever changed. Being it represents the best of the best for an entire year and for some like Daingerfield, Sealy, Euless Trinity, Lake Travis, etc...it represents multiple years as being the best.

I'm just thinking out loud, but shouldn't it be larger and with more glitter and glam than my son's Pee Wee Championship trophy? Of course I think the Pee Wee leagues can get a little carried away sometimes, especially when the trophy is taller than the six year old carrying it ! But that is another thread for another time.

However I don't think the bigger the trophy makes any larger statement, but dress it up a little. Maybe make it a State of Texas outline with some artwork design added to it. But I may be wrong and the UIL may mandate that the size, style and shape of the most coveted trophy in Texas must always remain the same. What do you say?

Ok young man....you stated the problem in your post....PEWEE FOOTBALL.....yes I have seen the light.....we give out medals and trophies for crossing the street, putting our pants on right and even for not "peeing" on the lid....Use to be that if we were given a TROPHY it meant that we won something BIG....I have seen touched and been a part of that PLAIN STATE CHAPIONSHIP TROPHY....and to me it is the most beautiful and the most coveted trophy....would love to have 10-15 of them....maybe I just need to call Mark Cousins at the UIL and see if I can "get" another one........"I haven't "wet on the lid" in a LONG time......just my thoughts.......

also keep in mind that the players EACH get a huge gold medal and a huge RING that definitely makes up the "glitter and glam" you speak of...

also keep in mind that the players EACH get a huge gold medal and a huge RING that definitely makes up the "glitter and glam" you speak of...

It sounds like most of the State Championship winners prefer the State Championship trophy as it is, and that is fine with me as well because I think it stands for much more than the "peeing on the lid" trophy...LOL! Personally, I don't think you should get a trophy for everything you do like the PeeWee kids now get. I think having a hot dog party or a trip to McDonalds, as a team, shows enough gratitude for effort.

I realize that each player gets a State Championship medal, but don't the parents have to pay for the SC ring? I don't know, just asking?

It sounds like most of the State Championship winners prefer the State Championship trophy as it is, and that is fine with me as well because I think it stands for much more than the "peeing on the lid" trophy...LOL! Personally, I don't think you should get a trophy for everything you do like the PeeWee kids now get. I think having a hot dog party or a trip to McDonalds, as a team, shows enough gratitude for effort.

I realize that each player gets a State Championship medal, but don't the parents have to pay for the SC ring? I don't know, just asking?

yes they do have to pay. but there are very few players out there who don't get one. i think of it like this: you win state, you pay for a ring at the end. in pee wee sports, you pay up front whether you win a trophy or not. so either way, you're paying for your keepsake...

but for the players, the ring is what it's all about. you can't carry that trophy around with you. it sits in a trophy case. that ring can go anywhere you go and can be shown anywhere. if a team trophy was all that you got for winning state, i doubt if many 16-18 year olds would care quite as much about winning it all...

The Srs design the rings at LT and the gold one last yr I think were about $1500 due to the price of gold which is much higher today. There are cheaper prices..the Srs put Cowboys stadium on one side of the ring....we had the option to get a really cool wooden box that holds 1 ring or a 4 ring box.... and I agree they might need to update the trophy with a Tx outline and make it bigger it is TEXAS.

My link

I think they should spruce up the trophy. They look more like a plaque on a stand. I'd think something along the lines of a football with the year and a medallion for the classification. I'm thinking that's how they used to do them in the past.