Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

It's been fun east Texas and smoaky has been good to me.

I would like to keep this 3A playoff football run going on your board here.

Looks like Monahans is up next and I don't know a whole lot about them yet so I'm going to do some research and post my findings. If you have any information on them, let's hear it. Who do you have winning? Answer the poll question above to let us know.

Get it, Eagles! 2 more wins...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monahans loboes...from west Texas bout 36 miles west of Odessa,tx. Haven't been to semi's since 1998 where they played aledo and lost by a field goal if I recall right. Colors are green and white. Fast back field and a tough off and def line. I'll post stats up soon

Byron scharf and Pedro cano are two very resourceful running backs. Not very big in size but have alot of fight and alot of yards after contact. Alejandro mendoza has the leg to kick 50+ field goals. And Freddy Garcia has the speed to hit the hole fast and keep the pile going. The team is not a large team but the loboes are very physical. Only allowing 48 points scored against them during the playoffs. 20 of those points last night.

Defensively the loboes are fast and have some size up front. Tivo admendarez is a beast fast and physical. But the front four are all quick. Loboes run a wing t offense designed to pound away at an opponents defense. They run a 4-3 defense.

Byron scharf and Pedro cano are two very resourceful running backs. Not very big in size but have alot of fight and alot of yards after contact. Alejandro mendoza has the leg to kick 50+ field goals. And Freddy Garcia has the speed to hit the hole fast and keep the pile going. The team is not a large team but the loboes are very physical. Only allowing 48 points scored against them during the playoffs. 20 of those points last night.

Argyle's Front 7 Is Very Phyical They Have The Size and Speed,, And They Are Not scared to play man coverage. And OMG There QB Right Now Is The BEST in the STATE in 3A This Year No Question HE can THROW But he also can make things happen With His feet. May I Add He is a VERY fast Smart QB But Ill Let them Tell you better its there team im just on For the Ride

Argyle will be th e toughest team we have played all year. I'm looking foward to an awesome game. Argyle is always a powerhouse team. Good year in and year out. Finally get to see the loboes against some really good and talented players from the east. Not surprising many people haven't heard of us. We are a small town in the middle of almost no where. The kind of town that shuts down for football on Friday. We will never stop fighting until the whistle blows. That's why I'm excited for this game. Like I said against a powerhouse team like argyle who are ranked every year in the top ten...I'm excited to see how our boys will stack up.

Oh I know bulldog Im not downplaying argyle at all. In fact I know it will not be easy. And I know that they are the favorites to win the whole thing. But ADKargyle said he did not know much so I was trying to give a small summary of out team. Of course everyone knows about argyle. They are always a top team every year. And congrats on the Gilmer win I know it must have felt good after last year.

I say they aren't large due to the fact that it's not the largest team we have had in recent years. Couple of years back the line averages 6'0 and 280 to 300 lbs. Now the line is still large and strong. And they have to be to get this far. I cant wait for Fridays game.

It's been fun east Texas and smoaky has been good to me.

I would like to keep this 3A playoff football run going on your board here.

Looks like Monahans is up next and I don't know a whole lot about them yet so I'm going to do some research and post my findings. If you have any information on them, let's hear it. Who do you have winning? Answer the poll question above to let us know.

Get it, Eagles! 2 more wins...

Argyle BIG!!! Probably a high 40's or low 50's to 20 something. Argyle will win this game with ease unless Aune does not play!

Argyle will be th e toughest team we have played all year. I'm looking foward to an awesome game. Argyle is always a powerhouse team. Good year in and year out. Finally get to see the loboes against some really good and talented players from the east. Not surprising many people haven't heard of us. We are a small town in the middle of almost no where. The kind of town that shuts down for football on Friday. We will never stop fighting until the whistle blows. That's why I'm excited for this game. Like I said against a powerhouse team like argyle who are ranked every year in the top ten...I'm excited to see how our boys will stack up.

+1 But They Are from North Texas Not East

I guess u could consider yourself north but to me y'all are east being by Dallas. Birth is like Lubbock and pan handle area. After weatherford y'all become east. So we can say the northeast if u want but I consider y'all east.

Birth..dang you auto correct. I meant north.

Argyle EASILY by 20 + points. Argyle all you need to know is that EAST TEXAS teams historically DESTROY West Texas teams. Since Argyle has topped two TOP East Texas teams you will destroy Monahans. 20+ points is conservative and they may hang with you for the first quarter but I doubt it. The REAL question here for Argyle is are you going to be able to stop Coldspring-Oakhurst's running game in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!????

Yea this is true. But I'll let my loboes do the talking on the field. 20 points please. I say monahans by 3. But who knows. N IF argyle does make it past us coldsprings is going to win the whole thing anyways. Their a machine n nearly unstoppable. Either way going to be a good game n win or lose people will remember monahans.

Yea this is true. But I'll let my loboes do the talking on the field. 20 points please. I say monahans by 3. But who knows. N IF argyle does make it past us coldsprings is going to win the whole thing anyways. Their a machine n nearly unstoppable. Either way going to be a good game n win or lose people will remember monahans.

Bro..please don't make me laugh. Argyle beat the two best 3A division 2 teams. Maybe the two best teams in 3A. And I'm sorry to say Region 1 is really not as competitive as 2 and 3.

Bro..please don't make me laugh. Argyle beat the two best 3A division 2 teams. Maybe the two best teams in 3A. And I'm sorry to say Region 1 is really not as competitive as 2 and 3.

At this stage of the playoffs all teams are good. To win now you have to keep your focus on the task at hand and that is the Lobos. I think we have a chance to win but rest assured those boys from Monahans didn't get here on accident. My question to our friendly K-9's is how is your defense? Ours is very very good...and our offense is even better.

K-9's. I like that. Our defense is great against the run. Still need some work on our passing defense but we know how to make big plays on defense. Our offense is the wing t so it's a hard nose run offense. We do good. Have some speed. From what I've seen though we don't have but a few players that could outrun the argyle defense so it's gonna have to be just a pound it out strategy. Run it five yards at a time. Eat up the clock and do what we do best. Control the pace of the game. It's going to be a good game regardless of who wins. I'm sure of it.

Argyle's Front 7 Is Very Phyical They Have The Size and Speed,, And They Are Not scared to play man coverage. And OMG There QB Right Now Is The BEST in the STATE in 3A This Year No Question HE can THROW But he also can make things happen With His feet. May I Add He is a VERY fast Smart QB But Ill Let them Tell you better its there team im just on For the Ride

Proud to have you here BulldawgNation!

Argyle EASILY by 20 + points. Argyle all you need to know is that EAST TEXAS teams historically DESTROY West Texas teams. Since Argyle has topped two TOP East Texas teams you will destroy Monahans. 20+ points is conservative and they may hang with you for the first quarter but I doubt it. The REAL question here for Argyle is are you going to be able to stop Coldspring-Oakhurst's running game in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!????

Udaman DawgDaze!

SHA MON

First downs 13 16

Rushes-yards 37-138 40-209

Passing yards 203 93

Comp.-att.-int. 8-16-1 4-7-1

Punts-avg. 1-28.0 2-58.0

Fumbles-lost 2-1 2-1

Penalties-yards 5-51 3-20

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Shallowater, Koley King 17-102, Brandon Hall 11-26, Jarek Black 9-10; Monahans, Byron Scharf 19-144, Pedro Cano 14-64, Freddy Garcia 3-13, Jackson Scharf 1-1, Zach Navarro 4-(-13).

PASSING: Shallowater, Hall 8-16-1—203; Monahans, Navarro 3-6-1—91, Cano 0-1-0—0.

RECEIVING: Shallowater, Marc Rios 4-118, Black 2-39, Tobias Sultan 1-23, Cameron Knight 1-23; Monahans, Garcia 1-41, Cano 1-27, Junior Morales 1-15, Alejandro Mendoza 1-10.

Well Yall Got My Support Argyle!! Go Get It Done

Thanks BulldawgNation! I think that we need to put you guys on retainer! This is way too much fun, and this thread is barely underway! I believe that I am going to just shut my yapper and extend to you very able and excellent east Texas posters carte blanche on this new thread!!!! Don't know how many of the west Texas posters will brave to get on this board, but my heart goes out to them if we continue to have the pleasure of you all hanging tough here! lol!