1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of a cool site.

http://lonestarfootball.net/

Yes, very cool!

I ran a simulation for Argyle vs. Mono-hands and the result was an Argyle win. I then ran simulations for Argyle vs. Southlake, Allen, and Trinity and the site had Argyle winning all 3. I very quickly then discounted the credibility of the simulations.

Yes, very cool!

I ran a simulation for Argyle vs. Mono-hands and the result was an Argyle win. I then ran simulations for Argyle vs. Southlake, Allen, and Trinity and the site had Argyle winning all 3. I very quickly then discounted the credibility of the simulations.

Haha yeah, I did a simulation of us vs our '05 team and it was a blowout on part of the '11 team.

Great quote by Argyle QB Austin Aune:

“We go after teams and want to kill their will,” Aune said. “We’re in the semifinals so some people are saying they aren’t as good as Carthage or Gilmer, but we can’t overlook them. We have to attack them the same way we have everyone else. They wouldn’t be here if they weren’t a great team. If we execute our game plan though, we should be all right just like every other game.”

Looks like the Eagles have there eyes on the task at hand.

"We go after teams and want to kill their will," Aune said. "We're in the semifinals so some people are saying they aren't as good as Carthage or Gilmer, but we can't overlook them. We have to attack them the same way we have everyone else. They wouldn't be here if they weren't a great team. If we execute our game plan though, we should be all right just like every other game."

Sounds dangerous for opponents:)

"We go after teams and want to kill their will," Aune said. "We're in the semifinals so some people are saying they aren't as good as Carthage or Gilmer, but we can't overlook them. We have to attack them the same way we have everyone else. They wouldn't be here if they weren't a great team. If we execute our game plan though, we should be all right just like every other game."

As fans, it's fun to try and look forward to what could be next week. But we know that our players and coaches will NOT do that. We're too close to glory to have a hicup now. Eagles bring it home.

So here we are again: game day. Less than 12 hours until kick off. This Argyle team has already beaten three of the best teams in the state in Prosper, Carthage, and Gilmer. We've now come face to face with a new beast; a Wing T beast. This will be a different type of game than our guys have played all year long. I have full confidence in Coach Rodgers and his staff and I believe that they will put our boys in the right positions to make the plays. Then, it comes down to execution. If Monahans can control the clock and give Argyle 4 positions in each half, get a couple turnovers, and convert fourth down runs, this game could get interesting. If Monahans cannot do that and has to try and throw and get in a scoring shoot out with Argyle, they don't have much of a chance. I hope to see a good, clean, injury free game in Abilene tonight. Safe travels to all the fans, bands, and players. Let's get it done, Eagles.

So here we are again: game day. Less than 12 hours until kick off. This Argyle team has already beaten three of the best teams in the state in Prosper, Carthage, and Gilmer. We've now come face to face with a new beast; a Wing T beast. This will be a different type of game than our guys have played all year long. I have full confidence in Coach Rodgers and his staff and I believe that they will put our boys in the right positions to make the plays. Then, it comes down to execution. If Monahans can control the clock and give Argyle 4 positions in each half, get a couple turnovers, and convert fourth down runs, this game could get interesting. If Monahans cannot do that and has to try and throw and get in a scoring shoot out with Argyle, they don't have much of a chance. I hope to see a good, clean, injury free game in Abilene tonight. Safe travels to all the fans, bands, and players. Let's get it done, Eagles.

I am so excited for this game tonight! I've known some of these kids since they started kindergarten in Argyle, along with my daughter :) These kids, along with their parents, friends, and community have tons of spirit and heart! One more Eagles!! We Believe :rolleyes:

The Argyle Eagles will come ready to play tonite. After all, Coach Rodgers is from Crane, about 50 miles from Monahans, and very famaliar with the Wing T. He knows this offense, and how to defend against it. With our defense, which is stout on the line and with 3 quality linebackers, we should be able to have our share of stops. This will put the ball in the hands of Aune and the offense. If the offense can execute against the Loboe defense, Argyle will score quickly. Eating clock and playing a possession game against us will only work if our defense cannot stop the Loboes. Otherwise, it may be the Eagles possessing the ball, and scoring with every possession. I would say a halftime lead or tie is in the favor of Argyle, esp. if Argyle will be recieving the 2nd half kick off. If Argyle wins the toss, however, I look for Coach Rodgers to take the ball instead of deferring to the 2nd half. He will want the Eagles to have an opportunity to with the ball immediatlely against this ball control Monahans team. Make no mistake....Monahans will be a master of their offense, and execute it with great skill. It will be up to Argyle to disrupt it. This may take some time and adjustments, but I look for the Eagle defense to eventually rise to the occasion and be the difference in this game. If it happens early in the game, Argyle will win easily. If not, we will be in for a fight. I look for a game in the 35-21 neighborhood, unless we get turnovers. The weather will be clear and cold, but not cold for the players playing. The field will be fast, an advantage to Argyle. It should be a stellar night of football for the Eagles. I feel very confident in our team tonite. GO EAGLES!!!

The Argyle Eagles will come ready to play tonite. After all, Coach Rodgers is from Crane, about 50 miles from Monahans, and very famaliar with the Wing T. He knows this offense, and how to defend against it. With our defense, which is stout on the line and with 3 quality linebackers, we should be able to have our share of stops. This will put the ball in the hands of Aune and the offense. If the offense can execute against the Loboe defense, Argyle will score quickly. Eating clock and playing a possession game against us will only work if our defense cannot stop the Loboes. Otherwise, it may be the Eagles possessing the ball, and scoring with every possession. I would say a halftime lead or tie is in the favor of Argyle, esp. if Argyle will be recieving the 2nd half kick off. If Argyle wins the toss, however, I look for Coach Rodgers to take the ball instead of deferring to the 2nd half. He will want the Eagles to have an opportunity to with the ball immediatlely against this ball control Monahans team. Make no mistake....Monahans will be a master of their offense, and execute it with great skill. It will be up to Argyle to disrupt it. This may take some time and adjustments, but I look for the Eagle defense to eventually rise to the occasion and be the difference in this game. If it happens early in the game, Argyle will win easily. If not, we will be in for a fight. I look for a game in the 35-21 neighborhood, unless we get turnovers. The weather will be clear and cold, but not cold for the players playing. The field will be fast, an advantage to Argyle. It should be a stellar night of football for the Eagles. I feel very confident in our team tonite. GO EAGLES!!!

Pretty good assesment, good luck to Argyle and hope its a great game and fun to watch, wing t can get boring unless they have lots of

misdirection but be careful it can bore you all the way to 4th quarter and you are asking yourself we should be blowing this team up and

could be close, but i dont think that will happen Bossow is gonna have 20 tackles tonight. Argyle by 21