Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Wow, Scottie and ADK, what a great win for Argyle! And you should hear all the haters on the other board. Like a pack of wild hyenas wanting Monahans to win so their beloved Wimberley would not have to face Argyle. Totally ridiculous and totally uncalled for. Denigrating the Argyle Coaching Staff and players for "dirty play" because of all the blocking in the back calls on Argyle. Calling all the penalities "personal fouls" when they weren't and misleading many readers over there. Just WOW. Lots of haters out there when you win, I guess. Congrats to Argyle and their Coaching Staff. We know the boyz and the Staff, and they are well-respected. Just thought you and all the readers here would want to know in case you hear something. Totally out of bounds here.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Scottie and ADK, what a great win for Argyle! And you should hear all the haters on the other board. Like a pack of wild hyenas wanting Monahans to win so their beloved Wimberley would not have to face Argyle. Totally ridiculous and totally uncalled for. Denigrating the Argyle Coaching Staff and players for "dirty play" because of all the blocking in the back calls on Argyle. Calling all the penalities "personal fouls" when they weren't and misleading many readers over there. Just WOW. Lots of haters out there when you win, I guess. Congrats to Argyle and their Coaching Staff. We know the boyz and the Staff, and they are well-respected. Just thought you and all the readers here would want to know in case you hear something. Totally out of bounds here.

If they weren't there, they shouldn't be talking about us like that. Those referees were some of the worst I've seen in all my years of watching football.

If they weren't there, they shouldn't be talking about us like that. Those referees were some of the worst I've seen in all my years of watching football.

Sounds like the refs actually called some of the stuff ya'll got away with in the Gilmer game. Argyle was holding the Gilmer receivers all night and it didn't get called. I'm not whinning just saying sounds like there was finally some good refs at your game.

Sounds like the refs actually called some of the stuff ya'll got away with in the Gilmer game. Argyle was holding the Gilmer receivers all night and it didn't get called. I'm not whinning just saying sounds like there was finally some good refs at your game.

why don't you go on over to the other board :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

These refs were awful. The writer from the DMN was trying to be objective all evening and finally couldn't believe what was going on. Adam Kahn caught a pass down filed and the ref, who had no angle on it, called it incomplete. Then when he saw the replay tried to reverse himself fut it was too late. Chad Bossow waltzes into the endzone and after the play is over gets leveled in the endzone and no flag. We had 21 points called back because of calls made on the other side of the field away from the play. It just seemed like these guys realized this was going to be a blowout and called the game so the Monohans fans didn't make the drive for nothing. We had almost 200 yds called back because of penalties and 21 points taken off the board,

All week I've been hearing how Monohans plays smashmouth football. But when we started taking it to them and getting physical their coach was on the field throwing his clipboard and whining and crying. This will give you an indication of the officiating. The refs were constantly on our sidelines telling our players and coaches to stay behind the white line. They were more focused on that than in the game. Finally, let me say the Bobos wouldn't have gotten out of the first round in Region 2 the toughest region in the state.

Congratulations on the win. You were definitely the better team. My hats off to your receivers that caught everything that came there way. Your defense played very good and made some very nice plays. On just a bit of a sour note if your will allow me. I have seen a lot of football from California to Arizona,Ohio, and all around Texas and i have never, i mean E V E R seen a team with more cheap shots and unsportsmanlike conduct. 6 unsportsmanlike penalties in the first half and 9 total in the game. That is disgraceful, I think you would or should agree. Talking to the ref at half he said he could have called a bunch more, but instead talked to the offenders and said one more and your out. Others seemed to pick up the slack though. With a growing upper crust community and tons of draftees, "Move ins" you will have an opportunity to be there year in and year out. S when you actually do have "Tradition" your known for a team of character and not a bunch of Raiders.

Best of luck in Dallas.

Congratulations on the win. You were definitely the better team. My hats off to your receivers that caught everything that came there way. Your defense played very good and made some very nice plays. On just a bit of a sour note if your will allow me. I have seen a lot of football from California to Arizona,Ohio, and all around Texas and i have never, i mean E V E R seen a team with more cheap shots and unsportsmanlike conduct. 6 unsportsmanlike penalties in the first half and 9 total in the game. That is disgraceful, I think you would or should agree. Talking to the ref at half he said he could have called a bunch more, but instead talked to the offenders and said one more and your out. Others seemed to pick up the slack though. With a growing upper crust community and tons of draftees, "Move ins" you will have an opportunity to be there year in and year out. S when you actually do have "Tradition" your known for a team of character and not a bunch of Raiders.

Best of luck in Dallas.

Sour grapes it is. There WERE NOT 9 unsportsmanlike penalties in the game. We played as sloppy of game I've seen us play since the loss to Prosper and still kicked your butt. I don't ever complain about officiating and won't now, I would like to believe that those men are doing the best job they can bad or good it's up to the teams playing to figure it out. As for talking to the refs...I'm calling BS on that statement.I have never seen an official talk to the fans after the game, especially the losing side. So that means one of three things 1) You know the official, 2) You are one of the officials, or 3) you are full of it. Which would you like to declare sir?

These refs were awful. The writer from the DMN was trying to be objective all evening and finally couldn't believe what was going on. Adam Kahn caught a pass down filed and the ref, who had no angle on it, called it incomplete. Then when he saw the replay tried to reverse himself fut it was too late. Chad Bossow waltzes into the endzone and after the play is over gets leveled in the endzone and no flag. We had 21 points called back because of calls made on the other side of the field away from the play. It just seemed like these guys realized this was going to be a blowout and called the game so the Monohans fans didn't make the drive for nothing. We had almost 200 yds called back because of penalties and 21 points taken off the board,

All week I've been hearing how Monohans plays smashmouth football. But when we started taking it to them and getting physical their coach was on the field throwing his clipboard and whining and crying. This will give you an indication of the officiating. The refs were constantly on our sidelines telling our players and coaches to stay behind the white line. They were more focused on that than in the game. Finally, let me say the Bobos wouldn't have gotten out of the first round in Region 2 the toughest region in the state.

you have 9 posts on here....get your bottle and take your nap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck in Dallas.

you have 5 posts on here....get your bottle and take your nap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely 100% correct. The refs were absolutely terrible. It wasn't holding calls or false starts because every team is going to have those. The calls that I am talking about were personal fouls and unsportmalike conduct penalties that were called on Argyle multiple times but were never called on Monahans. I didn't see the call on the second Ian Sadler punt return but we were already in the endzone celebrating and then the ref through the flag. It may have been a flag, I didn't see the play but things were getting out of hand.

Monahans did not do anything on us all night long. They had one 60-something yard run and it shouldn't have ever happened! On third down, the play before, an unsportmanlike penalty was called on an Argyle lineman when he tried to avoid the pile when the Monahans runner was being tackled and he fell on someone else and the flag came out of course. This flag gave them a first down and they scored shortly after.

With an equally officiated game, Argyle wins 50-7.

Best of luck in Dallas.

There were not 6 unsportmanlike penalties in the first half. If the refs called it both ways, Mono would have had multiple fouls as well.

Best of luck in Dallas.

Team Statistics

MO ARG

First Downs 9 21

Rushing 33-138 40-199

Passing 5-18-0 20-29-1

Passing Yards 78 284

Total Yards 216 483

Fumbles-Lost 1-0 3-1

Punts-Avg. 8-36.3 1-49.0

Penalties 6-45 10-100

Argyle had two personal fouls and two un-sportsman like. One of the personal foul calls was offsetting.

Sour grapes it is. There WERE NOT 9 unsportsmanlike penalties in the game. We played as sloppy of game I've seen us play since the loss to Prosper and still kicked your butt. I don't ever complain about officiating and won't now, I would like to believe that those men are doing the best job they can bad or good it's up to the teams playing to figure it out. As for talking to the refs...I'm calling BS on that statement.I have never seen an official talk to the fans after the game, especially the losing side. So that means one of three things 1) You know the official, 2) You are one of the officials, or 3) you are full of it. Which would you like to declare sir?

Media.. i declare sir. Also, I declare six unsportsmanlike in the first half, three in the second half.

Media.. i declare sir. Also, I declare six unsportsmanlike in the first half, three in the second half.

Well Mr. Media its evident you're not a math major because as I posted earlier we had 10 for 100. What you declare doesn't add up. BTW the stats came from the "media" Dallas Morning News.

Best of luck in Dallas.

Oh my...really! It looks like your team, along with those officials never played physical football, a stroll through the daisies, perhaps...sorry if you had to finally face a group of players that really give it everything they have. Those refs gave you 14 pts... in my opinion. However, Argyle's kids and coaches kept themselves composed on the sidelines, which is not what your sideline did. Your coaches throwing things on the field, being on the field while play was going on, and your fans giving the middle finger throughout the game to Argyle's side of the field, now that's character for you...yep, that's something to be real proud of there! Sorry, you lost...it is what it is, Argyle was by far the better team from the very beginning and deserved to walk away with this game against the Loboes. Good Luck Eagles in the State Finals...I hope you win!

Has everyone had their say now? Remember, this is a game where 15-18 yr old boyz are taught to play physical til the whistle. You can expect some extracurricular activity and mental mistakes to be made in football, and esp. in a big game with all the marbles on the line. The refs were a little one-sided, mostly because Argyle was dominating this game on both sides of the ball so much. A lot of the fouls were blocks in the back made by players trying to throw blocks downfield. Trey Keenan had (2) called on him for driving blocks in the secondary and some pancakes. I guess the refs thought that a bit much, or have never seen that happen before. He's a D1 recruit lineman going to Tech in the fall, LOL. Of course, many fouls were completely ignored by the officiating crew in regards to Monahans, since they were obviously couldn't match up to Argyle. You should still call the game equally, regardless. At the half, the coaches told the team to rev it down a little, and just play with less intensity, and they would have no problem winning, which is what happened in the 2nd half. Except for Monahans. They got a little fiesty, and had several personal fouls called(finally) when the Argyle players let off physically a little. One was ejected from the game for a personal foul after Cole Hedland's last field goal that set the national record. Argyle refused the penalty, of course, and many fans were not aware of the ejection because of when it occurred. All in all, it was a beatdown of Monahans by Argyle, like some posters here predicted. Now Wimberley will meet us at Jerryworld, and let's just hope for a top-notch officiating crew and a much cleaner played game.

AGAIN must of not been watching the same game, Argyle is good but their not great, they didn't dominate the football game as you say, if that were the case Monahans would have never scored! Yes good QB, good line, and good D, but with that Monahans went quarter to quarter in the first half, only thing is, they were not able to make the correct adjustments at the half.

Very dumb to say they were no match, ignorance rules a lot of one sided ppl.

Argyle good luck with your next game and hopefully Monahans will see you again next year.