Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

AGAIN must of not been watching the same game, Argyle is good but their not great, they didn't dominate the football game as you say, if that were the case Monahans would have never scored! Yes good QB, good line, and good D, but with that Monahans went quarter to quarter in the first half, only thing is, they were not able to make the correct adjustments at the half.

Very dumb to say they were no match, ignorance rules a lot of one sided ppl.

Argyle good luck with your next game and hopefully Monahans will see you again next year.

Homer-ism at its best. Argyle did dominate. The only reason Monahans scored more than one touchdown was because a personal foul penalty was called when an Argyle lineman tried to avoid the pile up on a tackle and fell on another player. This gave Monahans a first down and then they broke that 68 yard run on the next play. Monahans was clearly overmatched and the referees did what they could to even the teams.

You don't want to see us again next year.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homer-ism at its best. Argyle did dominate. The only reason Monahans scored more than one touchdown was because a personal foul penalty was called when an Argyle lineman tried to avoid the pile up on a tackle and fell on another player. This gave Monahans a first down and then they broke that 68 yard run on the next play. Monahans was clearly overmatched and the referees did what they could to even the teams.

You don't want to see us again next year.

i hope you don't get a shot at them next year....the BUCKS want that shot....LOL :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

AGAIN must of not been watching the same game, Argyle is good but their not great, they didn't dominate the football game as you say, if that were the case Monahans would have never scored! Yes good QB, good line, and good D, but with that Monahans went quarter to quarter in the first half, only thing is, they were not able to make the correct adjustments at the half.

Very dumb to say they were no match, ignorance rules a lot of one sided ppl.

Argyle good luck with your next game and hopefully Monahans will see you again next year.

Wow where to start with this moronic comment.

From the top

1. "Argyle is good but their not great, " Really? Well then just a good team beat your Region Champion. You might want to rethink that statement.

2. "they didn't dominate the football game as you say" Monahans had 216 total offense. In which 70 of it came on one run. Our offense output was a total 483 yards with two TD's called back, pretty dominate I think. Monahans is fortunate the score was not more lopsided.

3. "Yes good QB, good line, and good D, but with that Monahans went quarter to quarter in the first half" A true statement but without all the facts included. We gave back two scores and helped keep your offense on the field by our mistakes which were unforced.

4." Very dumb to say they were no match" nothing dumb about that statement just an observation based on facts not feelings.

5. "ignorance rules a lot of one sided ppl." what?

6. "Argyle good luck with your next game and hopefully Monahans will see you again next year" thank you and I hope so too.

Wow where to start with this moronic comment.

From the top

1. "Argyle is good but their not great, " Really? Well then just a good team beat your Region Champion. You might want to rethink that statement.

2. "they didn't dominate the football game as you say" Monahans had 216 total offense. In which 70 of it came on one run. Our offense output was a total 483 yards with two TD's called back, pretty dominate I think. Monahans is fortunate the score was not more lopsided.

3. "Yes good QB, good line, and good D, but with that Monahans went quarter to quarter in the first half" A true statement but without all the facts included. We gave back two scores and helped keep your offense on the field by our mistakes which were unforced.

4." Very dumb to say they were no match" nothing dumb about that statement just an observation based on facts not feelings.

5. "ignorance rules a lot of one sided ppl." what?

6. "Argyle good luck with your next game and hopefully Monahans will see you again next year" thank you and I hope so too.

What he said! Seriously though, they are luck that we didn't out up 50.

Well, for 3 weeks I have just been an observer on this forum and kept my mouth closed, but these foolish Monahans people have drawn me out. You guys need to take the plane back from fantasy island if you think for one second that your team was ever, at any point, a match for Argyle. You were slow, one dimensional, and except for one play predictable. Your "3 yards and a cloud of dust" was reduced to " 3 yards and a punt" except for that one play you can hang your hats on. We had a pretty weak district that we played in, and Monahans would have been 3rd place at best. The score at the end of the 1st half should have been 28-0. You know it, and I know it, and every one else who is a realest knows it. That ground and pound of yours had about 70 yards without the one play. In fact, you probably should have never scored. The only reason there were not more points scored by Argyle is because Coach Rodgers chose it that way, and we had stupid penalties on TD's and in the red zone that kept points off the board. We have beaten quality opponents in the playoffs like Prosper, Carthage, and Gilmer. Great Teams! Great coaching staffs! Any one of them would beat Monahans by 50 if they wanted. From what I see on film, Wimberley will be another great one. Monahans, on the other hand, was a bump in the road, and if they played in any other region would not have been playing in the semi-finals. If you played in 16-3A like our playoff opponents, you may have went 0-10. If you want to call our kids dirty, go ahead. Yeah they did some bone-headed stuff, but then again you probably aren't used to kids giving it everything they got on every play, and playing against a bunch of kids that are going to play on Saturday. I will give credit where it is due. I thought your team tried real hard every play, and certainly wanted to win. So....matched us quarter-for-quarter....OK, if that makes you feel better. You didn't get anything that we didn't give you, and 2 first downs in a shutout 2nd half won't get it done. We have our hands completely full this coming weekend, but we certainly didn't Friday night. Although, I'm pretty sure it sounds like it, I mean no disrespect to the Monohans football team. They did their absolute best and should be commended for it. But for people like you to come on here and run our kids down, and saying you did this and that, and that you held us and hung with us is ludacris. You didn't!! So, if you are gonna come on here and spew, let's let what you are saying be fact. I am extremely proud of our kids, and get somewhat miffed when a bozo comes on here and runs them down. Hopefully, that is enough reality for you.

Well, for 3 weeks I have just been an observer on this forum and kept my mouth closed, but these foolish Monahans people have drawn me out. You guys need to take the plane back from fantasy island if you think for one second that your team was ever, at any point, a match for Argyle. You were slow, one dimensional, and except for one play predictable. Your "3 yards and a cloud of dust" was reduced to " 3 yards and a punt" except for that one play you can hang your hats on. We had a pretty weak district that we played in, and Monahans would have been 3rd place at best. The score at the end of the 1st half should have been 28-0. You know it, and I know it, and every one else who is a realest knows it. That ground and pound of yours had about 70 yards without the one play. In fact, you probably should have never scored. The only reason there were not more points scored by Argyle is because Coach Rodgers chose it that way, and we had stupid penalties on TD's and in the red zone that kept points off the board. We have beaten quality opponents in the playoffs like Prosper, Carthage, and Gilmer. Great Teams! Great coaching staffs! Any one of them would beat Monahans by 50 if they wanted. From what I see on film, Wimberley will be another great one. Monahans, on the other hand, was a bump in the road, and if they played in any other region would not have been playing in the semi-finals. If you played in 16-3A like our playoff opponents, you may have went 0-10. If you want to call our kids dirty, go ahead. Yeah they did some bone-headed stuff, but then again you probably aren't used to kids giving it everything they got on every play, and playing against a bunch of kids that are going to play on Saturday. I will give credit where it is due. I thought your team tried real hard every play, and certainly wanted to win. So....matched us quarter-for-quarter....OK, if that makes you feel better. You didn't get anything that we didn't give you, and 2 first downs in a shutout 2nd half won't get it done. We have our hands completely full this coming weekend, but we certainly didn't Friday night. Although, I'm pretty sure it sounds like it, I mean no disrespect to the Monohans football team. They did their absolute best and should be commended for it. But for people like you to come on here and run our kids down, and saying you did this and that, and that you held us and hung with us is ludacris. You didn't!! So, if you are gonna come on here and spew, let's let what you are saying be fact. I am extremely proud of our kids, and get somewhat miffed when a bozo comes on here and runs them down. Hopefully, that is enough reality for you.

Good post, Black. I don't understand why other teams can't just accept their defeat, congratulate their team as well as ours, and move on. Our east Texas friends certainly know how to do this! They talk so much smack during the week BUT have come back for their crow after defeat.

I think it's funny how they "hope to see us again next year." They better not hope to face us again next year.

Again never said we didn't accept defeat, Monahans is just so proud to get as far as they did. To be so secluded in west Texas and not have the privilege of geting kids from the metro plex, they did pretty #### good. Loboes are one team that loves to give credit were credit is due. And yes we do want to see yall again next year. God Bless Argyle and may yall win state.