Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Y'all have EARNED it, and good luck! Now, two more wins and y'all can GO GET THEM RINGS!! LOL! We have made y'all honorary East Texans, so go out there and REPRESENT! :)

Somebody from mono-hands called us an east Texas team anyway. Maybe somebody should check their geography. :unsure:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! I wish we could play Gilmer or Carthage in the regular season in Corsicana every year, instead of playing Mineral Wells or Trinity Christian. I think this would give both teams extra motivation and we would both know where we stand against the best in 3A. Plus, there would probably be a rematch for each team in the playoffs.

By the way, Maxpreps has the game as a 31-14 win for Argyle. http://www.maxpreps....--dec-9-10-.htm

Be careful what you wish for ADK! That said, you have to love the unrelenting enthusiasm of youth!

Be careful what you wish for ADK! That said, you have to love the unrelenting enthusiasm of youth!

I wish for a regular season matchup every year! Even if we lost the regular season game, it would be more beneficial than pounding the snot out of an inferior opponent just to fill the schedule. These east Texas guys have figured this out. It is not about going undefeated (even though Gilmer did this which is incredible). It is about going undefeated once the playoffs begin.

I wish for a regular season matchup every year! Even if we lost the regular season game, it would be more beneficial than pounding the snot out of an inferior opponent just to fill the schedule. These east Texas guys have figured this out. It is not about going undefeated (even though Gilmer did this which is incredible). It is about going undefeated once the playoffs begin.

I went back and reread your post and originally read it to say play Gilmer AND Carthage in the regular season, but now I see the "or". The "or" sounds a heck of a lot more reasonable than the AND!!! You are not old enough to "enjoy" the company of a close companion of mine yet, old Art Ritis! lol!

Dadgummit ADK, I believe that you have actually turned into an East Texan....it's another Christmas miracle!

Personally, I'd like to see a game between the DI and DII winners each year. How about that? They could each keep their titles and trophies, but then you would have another title for the classification. It would definitely make for great football in all classifications. Since it would only involved one extra game per classification, you could have the weekend of Christmas for the games at Jerryworld again. Or just have it for 5A, 4A, and 3A,...all in one day!

Personally, I'd like to see a game between the DI and DII winners each year. How about that? They could each keep their titles and trophies, but then you would have another title for the classification. It would definitely make for great football in all classifications. Since it would only involved one extra game per classification, you could have the weekend of Christmas for the games at Jerryworld again. Or just have it for 5A, 4A, and 3A,...all in one day!

Defeats the purpose of having DI and DII...........but I smell what you're steppin' in....I'm pickin' up what yer puttin' down............

I'm gonna be shocked if Argyle doesn't win this game.............................

131-shocked.jpg

I've got a question for you Argylites: who's going to be the QB next year after Aune is graduates? He DOES graduate this year, don't he? LOL

We have a move in a next semester he will be a soph.. His family's building a home in Argyle I heard he was already committed to qb at Auburn .

No, seriously I think Scottie's made arrangements with our sisterschool in Argyle, Scotland to bring in one of their stellar athletes that plays their brand of "football" over there. I hear he's quite the athlete. He'll have to shave his beard, though.

Here the lad is Regal, and we've already taken care of the beard issue!

A haircut may be something that a better man than me will have to handle!

highlander.jpg

Managed to grab a couple of pretty decent Olineman on my trip over there as well!

Note Angus's dad on the far right is 6' 4" to put a little perspective on this lad, and I had to get Coach Rodgers to agree that he will be allowed to wear his traditional Highlander attire modified somewhat to play in!

2.1251248475.nancyx-adyx-deex-ron-with-scottish-highlander.jpg062709+-+Highland+Games+-+03.jpg

Campbell here is not quite as big as Angus, but he does run a 4.5 and has a penchant for the trenches!

YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY TALKING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! YOU GOT TO GET OVER THE HUMP FIRST! YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE THE PLAYGROUND BULLY!!!! PLAYGROUND BULLIES ARE BULLIES ONLY TILL THEY TAKE THE FIRST ONE ON THE CHIN!!!!!!! YOU ALL WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOBOES............................DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY.

Well boys yall have finally coaxed me into posting about our guys on here.

Offense Players to watch.

Offensive Backs

RB Pedro Cano #13 Sr- He is a big rusher on offense. He is 5'8", and 170 lbs. But this boy can find a hole and break tackles. He has speed but has been fetched on occasion. Be looking for him to break some big plays late in the game.

RB Byron Scharf #8 Sr.- He is the other lead rusher for our offense. He is 6'1" and 185 lbs. He will hit the hole hard and will make is own on occasion. He will make big plays right up the gut if their is even a slight hole. Also has some speed not the fastest but fast enough. Be looking for him to bust some big plays in the second half.

RB Freddy Garcia #30 Jr.- He is often over looked but this little guy will bust some big ones. He is 5'7" and 145 lbs soaking wet. But do not overlook him he busts key game winning plays when it counts. Does a lot of relief work for the 2 main RBs.

RB Jackson Scharf #31 Jr.- Another sub for our 2 main runners but does a good job. He is 5'9" and 175 lbs. Be looking for him mainly on defense.

QB Zack Navarro #7 Jr.- He is our young quarter back still only a junior and this is his first year starting on varsity. He is 5'11" and 175 lbs. He is not afraid to run or go out and get a block. He has decent arm, is still inexperienced but he has improved though out the year. Should be really good next year.

Offensive LIne

RT Isaac Marquez #64 Sr.- Weighs 265 lbs. and is 5'11". Big guy but a little slow compared to the rest of the line, but is a nice big anchor.

RG Christian Gonzalez #70 Jr.- Weighs 195 lbs. and is only 5'8". Little on the short side but is stout as heck. Very quick on the line.

C Joe Brandenburg #53 Jr.- Weighs 215 lbs. and is 6' 2". Good solid center is pretty stout and has handled most of the nose guards that have been thown at him.

LG Brandon Jones #60 Sr.- Weighs 215 lbs. and is 6'2". Is the most experienced of our line. His experience shows itself in his keeping the rest of the line on track.

RG Garrett Ford #63 Jr.- Weighs 230 lbs. and is 6'1". Also has decent speed and is pretty stout.

TE Elias Sigala #82 Jr.- Weighs 130 lbs. and is 6'2". Is a stout tight end has power. Not quite as experienced as our TE last year but he is improving.

Offensive Wrap Up.

This is a young front line that had us all worried at the beginning of the year, but they have pulled their act together and are looking really good right now. Also have a good amount of speed on our line. Our QB is also young and has learned a lot since the beginning of the year. We have 2 dang good RBs who will bust plays if you do not watch them. They are all quick and are good at finding a hole to run through. Out 2 RB subs also run very well. We will throw a few just to keep you guys from loading the box, but we are mainly a ground team.Overall this team has had to work their butts off to get to where they are now. They have had to play 4 quarters of football all season long. They have a lot of heart and will play till the end. This is a second half type offense. They will get a feel for the opponent the first half and then come in for the win the second half. Our offense depends on the defense making stops.

Just yanking your chain a little. Ian Sadler will be qb next year, yep you read it here first.

Oh, great! Y'all just had to pick the fastest guy on your team...... :mad: ......but can he throw? :mellow:

How many seniors do y'all have on this year's team? Starters coming back? Offense, defense?

YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY TALKING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! YOU GOT TO GET OVER THE HUMP FIRST! YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE THE PLAYGROUND BULLY!!!! PLAYGROUND BULLIES ARE BULLIES ONLY TILL THEY TAKE THE FIRST ONE ON THE CHIN!!!!!!! YOU ALL WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOBOES............................DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY.

I seriously doubt the Argyle team is looking past Monahans right now. If they are....., they oughta be hog-tied and horse-whipped! They just have a very good team, and the Argylites on here are confident, but they know they have absolutely NO bearing on the outcome of the game..............UNLESS, of course, you see a man wearing a plaid skirt out on the field dancing like a mad man in the 3rd quarter, then that's a whole other story! LOL! :blush: :wacko: That'll definitely be too much of a distraction for the Lobo players to overcome.....

I seriously doubt the Argyle team is looking past Monahans right now. If they are....., they oughta be hog-tied and horse-whipped! They just have a very good team, and the Argylites on here are confident, but they know they have absolutely NO bearing on the outcome of the game..............UNLESS, of course, you see a man wearing a plaid skirt out on the field dancing like a mad man in the 3rd quarter, then that's a whole other story! LOL! :blush: :wacko: That'll definitely be too much of a distraction for the Lobo players to overcome.....

LMBO!!!! I'LL DEFINITELY KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!