Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

And Chris Benjamin before all of them. He went on to kick for UNT and won a bowl game with them - can't remember which one it was. I lived with him for a year. Great dude.

Nah, that's me on the right!

I found out why we have no Loboes here to talk with ADK. They've got the entire community working out 24-7 to get ready for this game (and Pops thought I was dedicated)!:

the third Monahanistani from the right in this one is my hero

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go Loboes, almost time to prove what you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbD6zl6Ggg4

Wait, what, I'm confused? This is your band warming up. Are we having a "band-off" again like when Gilmer brought up band last week. Argyle has 4 state marching band championships. Your turn.

Argyle is like the successful east tx teams- big,fast,physical and a very good QB, the total package. I don't know much about Monahans other than they are in the playoffs most every year and as mentioned run the wing t , not a whole lot of those teams left in the dfw and not sure that Argyle played against one this year and that is one of only a couple advantages for Monahans, if I was Argyle I wouldn't get drunk on comparing stats because it will be totally in the Eagles favor and give a false sense of security, I would just look at the Carthage / Graham game from a couple years back even though Graham was not a wing t but how close that game ended up being and Graham almost pulled an upset and west tx boys will be disciplined and play hard, but with that being said Im sure Argyle is licking their chops to play against a under center run 90% of time team because of Argyles physical style of play and if Monahans is slow on defense I don't know how they will stop the Eagles..Argyle by 21 only because of wing t using up the clock and limiting Argyles chances on offense..

Going to share my usual pregame pep talk a little early this time! Here's to the best of luck to both teams, no injuries, and a great playoff game in Texas high school football! The Eagles and Loboes I am sure have both worked very hard this week to prepare, and both deserve to be where they are! We respect Monahans and the fine history of football that it has produced, but get a little caught up in the spirit of this board, as it should be! By the way Monahans faithful, the brothers Bossow, young Mr. Sizelove and Mr. Griffin and company don't mind a little smash mouth football their own selves! In fact that's just their game! Go out and win this one and the last one Eagles, for the likes of Luke Turner, who lost his senior season with Gilmer in what had to be a gut wrenching loss, Jordan Traylor, who stepped in for Mr. Turner admirably, young Mr. Pope and Mr. Pollard who are as good and exciting to watch as they come, Jared Newsom of Argyle who fell one buzzer beater shot short of helping bring home a state title for Argyle in 2004 in basketball and who we tragically lost so young, Tarren Barnes of Argyle who spent his leave watching his younger brothers play some football while he prepares to put it all on the line as a United States Marine in Afghanistan, Coach Rodgers and his marvelous staff, who for now almost a decade have brought an exciting brand of football to Argyle and poured their hearts and souls into it, to all the moms in Argyle, who like NellieD of Carthage would stand in front of a Mack truck for their lads, for the East Texans who have granted honorary status to this team (and that is not granted easily or without great reservation), and to a host of others. Most of all, win these last two for yourselves and for a lifetime of memories lads!

Alba gu bràth!

Argyle is like the successful east tx teams- big,fast,physical and a very good QB, the total package. I don't know much about Monahans other than they are in the playoffs most every year and as mentioned run the wing t , not a whole lot of those teams left in the dfw and not sure that Argyle played against one this year and that is one of only a couple advantages for Monahans, if I was Argyle I wouldn't get drunk on comparing stats because it will be totally in the Eagles favor and give a false sense of security, I would just look at the Carthage / Graham game from a couple years back even though Graham was not a wing t but how close that game ended up being and Graham almost pulled an upset and west tx boys will be disciplined and play hard, but with that being said Im sure Argyle is licking their chops to play against a under center run 90% of time team because of Argyles physical style of play and if Monahans is slow on defense I don't know how they will stop the Eagles..Argyle by 21 only because of wing t using up the clock and limiting Argyles chances on offense..

A fine post Playmaker!

Going to share my usual pregame pep talk a little early this time! Here's to the best of luck to both teams, no injuries, and a great playoff game in Texas high school football! The Eagles and Loboes I am sure have both worked very hard this week to prepare, and both deserve to be where they are! We respect Monahans and the fine history of football that it has produced, but get a little caught up in the spirit of this board, as it should be! By the way Monahans faithful, the brothers Bossow, young Mr. Sizelove and Mr. Griffin and company don't mind a little smash mouth football their own selves! In fact that's just their game! Go out and win this one and the last one Eagles, for the likes of Luke Turner, who lost his senior season with Gilmer in what had to be a gut wrenching loss, Jordan Traylor, who stepped in for Mr. Turner admirably, young Mr. Pope and Mr. Pollard who are as good and exciting to watch as they come, Jared Newsom of Argyle who fell one buzzer beater shot short of helping bring home a state title for Argyle in 2004 in basketball and who we tragically lost so young, Tarren Barnes of Argyle who spent his leave watching his younger brothers play some football while he prepares to put it all on the line as a United States Marine in Afghanistan, Coach Rodgers and his marvelous staff, who for now almost a decade have brought an exciting brand of football to Argyle and poured their hearts and souls into it, to all the moms in Argyle, who like NellieD of Carthage would stand in front of a Mack truck for their lads, for the East Texans who have granted honorary status to this team (and that is not granted easily or without great reservation), and to a host of others. Most of all, win these last two for yourselves and for a lifetime of memories lads!

Alba gu bràth!

Well said. It brings a tear to my eyes. LET'S GET THIS ONE EAGLES! YOU DESERVE IT!

You're a baller. +1

I'm so excited for the game, I can barely hold it!!!!! :blink: :wacko:

Wanted to get on and wish Argyle the best! I haven't made any predictions in the past few weeks on here, but my secret pick has always been right on...hoping it is this week too!smile.gif GO EAGLES!

Right on, brother.

Scottie, I'm certain our boyz will take the field on Friday nite in Abilene full of all the courage and fight this game will require of them. It has been a pleasurable experience here on Smoaky posting with you, Scotland the Brave, ADKargyle, and the rest of the Argyle posters. Jousting with the fine people from Carthage, Gilmer, Monahans, and all the rest of the East Texas contingent here has made each week special. We have defended our team in this arena of smack and discussion with pride, humor, and fervor. The Eagle is ready to soar in this state semifinal, flying past those Loboes like the wind on their way to the goal line to score. All I can is this to the Monahans clan: Gird thyself in the colors of your team, prepare for a battle on the gridiron of glory, and get ready to ruuuuumble. The Eagle has landed in this state semifinal against you, and will fight for the right to play another day. So bring your loyal fanbase, your band, your tradition. We will meet in Abilene under the lights on Friday nite for that most glorious of occasions...the Texas high school football playoffs. Only one team will be left standing, and this time it will be the Argyle Eagles!!!

Scottie, I'm certain our boyz will take the field on Friday nite in Abilene full of all the courage and fight this game will require of them. It has been a pleasurable experience here on Smoaky posting with you, Scotland the Brave, ADKargyle, and the rest of the Argyle posters. Jousting with the fine people from Carthage, Gilmer, Monahans, and all the rest of the East Texas contingent here has made each week special. We have defended our team in this arena of smack and discussion with pride, humor, and fervor. The Eagle is ready to soar in this state semifinal, flying past those Loboes like the wind on their way to the goal line to score. All I can is this to the Monahans clan: Gird thyself in the colors of your team, prepare for a battle on the gridiron of glory, and get ready to ruuuuumble. The Eagle has landed in this state semifinal against you, and will fight for the right to play another day. So bring your loyal fanbase, your band, your tradition. We will meet in Abilene under the lights on Friday nite for that most glorious of occasions...the Texas high school football playoffs. Only one team will be left standing, and this time it will be the Argyle Eagles!!!

Pumped!

I'm so excited and nervous!! It will be a game to remember :)

As Bart Scott of the New York Jets would say, "Can't Wait!"

Blah blah blah. Let the freakin' game begin. Need a tissue? Ha. All of this mouthing has been fun. Tomorrow night will put a cork in it for one teams followers. Good luck to both teams and I pray for a clean and injury free game and travel for the teams and the fans. Let's get it on

+1