Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

He can't throw. All he did that game was throw to Tori Hunter Jr and they couldn't keep up with Aune, Khan, Bossow, Sadler, and the boys. Aune over Allen any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He is the complete package. You want to play coverage and rush four? Okay, Aune will take off for 12 yards. You want to rush 7 and try to get to him? Our D1 athlete filled O-Line will cover and Aune will hit Bossow for 8 yards and he will drag a defender for another 5.

I am taking nothing away from Aune. When it comes down to it, he would be my choice. The kid is what, 33-3 in 2.5 years of starting. He is a proven winner. He can throw with precision and down the field or tuck it and make you look dumb. He also has a better O-line and receiving corp than Javelle Allen. However, all things being equal, Allen is statistically one of the best QB's in Texas. Here are some stats from hsgametime.com

Javelle Allen was 140 of 227 (62% comp) for 2888 yds, 30 TDs, 5 ints. He also rushed 166 times for 1497 (9.02 avg) and 22 TDs.

If I am a college coach, he is signed RIGHT NOW. Do that at the next level and you are bringing home the Heisman.

This isn't about Aune. He is a freaking stud, football and baseball. He's still playing, by the way.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: :blush: Yep, that did it allright. BORING!! So, I guess there's not much to talk about, huh? They will play their smashmouth game, try to limit our possessions, and pull out a "squeaker". Not much for Loboes fans to talk smack about. Those West Texas teams will have to start changing their offensive style if they expect to continue to compete in today's wide-open Texas football playoff landscape. How in the world did they beat Brownwood??? I guess Brownwood WAS in a rebuilding year, after all. Just happen to be good enough to go several rounds deep in their West Texas area, but not good enough to be the BEST West Texas team. There's your analysis, folks. Can be Brownwood in a rebuilding year, but that's about it. Where's the Champagne, Scottie? I'm about ready to start on some now.

since their are not many lobos on here do any of yall want me to jump over on their side...most people hate me anyway....and my little obnousib men....then yall could smack me....however i know ablousy nothiong about them except they stole longviews mascot....i do like the guy talking about argill men likeing sheep....that pretty funny (hope i dont get surspened)

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I am taking nothing away from Aune. When it comes down to it, he would be my choice. The kid is what, 33-3 in 2.5 years of starting. He is a proven winner. He can throw with precision and down the field or tuck it and make you look dumb. He also has a better O-line and receiving corp than Javelle Allen. However, all things being equal, Allen is statistically one of the best QB's in Texas. Here are some stats from hsgametime.com

Javelle Allen was 140 of 227 (62% comp) for 2888 yds, 30 TDs, 5 ints. He also rushed 166 times for 1497 (9.02 avg) and 22 TDs.

If I am a college coach, he is signed RIGHT NOW. Do that at the next level and you are bringing home the Heisman.

This isn't about Aune. He is a freaking stud, football and baseball. He's still playing, by the way.

I hear Allen is being recruited by Michigan...

since their are not many lobos on here do any of yall want me to jump over on their side...most people hate me anyway....and my little obnousib men....then yall could smack me....however i know ablousy nothiong about them except they stole longviews mascot....i do like the guy talking about argill men likeing sheep....that pretty funny (hope i dont get surspened)

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

No way jackpots....we need you and your little aggrivatin dudes to hang with us all the way to Jerry World! Bound to be a few more Loboes show up here!

Crazy talk here on The Smoak!

Listen. The Loboes are a bunch of blue collar players that play awesome as a team. Each relies on the other to do there job and make plays. Monahans is on an island by itself and can not pull any players from any surrounding cities. No Denton, no Copper Canyon, Lake Dallas, Lewisville. Anyone who knows high school football knows how nice it is to have someone from a surrounding community move into your town. Doesn't happen in Monahans. All the Kids play, together from the time they are in Pee-Wee until high school. Playing the same system. Kinda like West Lake does. They rely on sound fundamentals. They are well coached and run the ball like nobody's business. Might be kind of boring to most, but they are in the playoffs every year, some of the hardest hitting kids in Texas and are not the smack talking types.

The Loboes know what they are up against, which is pretty serious competition. The coaches will have them ready, and they will play there hearts out.

Go Loboes!

Good post, meangreennation. Spoken as a true and loyal Loboes fan, and representing your team with pride, steadfastness, and candor. I have no doubt whatsoever that Monahans is a master of running their Wing T to perfection. That's exactly what that offense is designed to be. And I also have no doubt your boyz will block and hit like a ton of bricks. From the size of your Oline, they must also be somewhat quick on their feet to get this far in the playoffs. Defensively, I'm sure you have some burners there in the secondary, and a couple of linebackers that can bring it. Any team will be forced to play its best to beat a well-disciplined team, no matter what kind of offense and defense it is in.

Crazy talk here on The Smoak!

Listen. The Loboes are a bunch of blue collar players that play awesome as a team. Each relies on the other to do there job and make plays. Monahans is on an island by itself and can not pull any players from any surrounding cities. No Denton, no Copper Canyon, Lake Dallas, Lewisville. Anyone who knows high school football knows how nice it is to have someone from a surrounding community move into your town. Doesn't happen in Monahans. All the Kids play, together from the time they are in Pee-Wee until high school. Playing the same system. Kinda like West Lake does. They rely on sound fundamentals. They are well coached and run the ball like nobody's business. Might be kind of boring to most, but they are in the playoffs every year, some of the hardest hitting kids in Texas and are not the smack talking types.

The Loboes know what they are up against, which is pretty serious competition. The coaches will have them ready, and they will play there hearts out.

Go Loboes!

Yeah, good post! Seriously though, who are the players that we should be watching for. We have told you ours. I just want to be knowledgable about your team!

Good grief! Seconds?! Is time standing still for ya? :o I hear ya, though!

Countdown to "Taking Care Of Business Time" is what I say. Get 'er done, Eagles!

Hahaha, yes, seconds! Actually, I just clicked on the countdown posted above and it told me how much time was left. Indeed, "Taking Care of Business Time." Can't wait to see what these mono-hands people have. It's sweater time!

Hahaha, yes, seconds! Actually, I just clicked on the countdown posted above and it told me how much time was left. Indeed, "Taking Care of Business Time." Can't wait to see what these mono-hands people have. It's sweater time!

My take is that Monahans will try and "take the air out of the football" by trying to win the time of possession with their running game. They'll throw an occasional pass to keep you off-balance. The question is whether their defense will be able to keep the Eagles out of the endzone on enough possessions. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is not as high scoring as most of the games y'all have played due to their style of play.

But, I still see this as an Eagle victory. The score doesn't matter, just so long as it is one point or more than the Loboes have on the board when the clock strikes 0:00 at the end. I think it'll be at least 14 more, in my opinion, though. Go get that ring, Eagles!

My take is that Monahans will try and "take the air out of the football" by trying to win the time of possession with their running game. They'll throw an occasional pass to keep you off-balance. The question is whether their defense will be able to keep the Eagles out of the endzone on enough possessions. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is not as high scoring as most of the games y'all have played due to their style of play.

But, I still see this as an Eagle victory. The score doesn't matter, just so long as it is one point or more than the Loboes have on the board when the clock strikes 0:00 at the end. I think it'll be at least 14 more, in my opinion, though. Go get that ring, Eagles!

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words BlackFlag79! Monahans is a skilled, long traditioned, proud, hard hitting football town, and nobody in their right mind is taking them lightly ! The old butterflies are starting to show up, but some of the thoughts posted here by Gilmer and Carthage folks who have been there and done this in such memorable fashions counteract those nicely! Coach Rodgers might be well served to have several of you folks talk to these young men before the game! Many of of the outstanding posts that you all have put up here could almost convince me to strap the pads on one more time for the Gipper, but that would, in fact, be insane! lol

And a special recognition of the legendary Jackpots, who, knowing full well what sort of verbal abuse and smackery he was subjecting himself to, selflessly offered to put himself up as a sacrificial tackling/smack taking surrogate on this honored board in place of the conspicuously absent Monahans posters, even though he (along with most of the rest of us) knows little about the Loboes other than that they stole Longview's mascot, well, I just don't have the words for that kind of sacrifice!!!

http://argyle.prepsp...ferrer_id=13861

http://www.dallasnew...h-schools/vote/

http://argyle.prepsp.../13861-football

Check out #79 on the far left of this picture standing tall! Coincidence BlackFlag79......perhaps not!

IMG_6533_large.JPG

I know Argyle fans will not say this so I will say it for them. The back ups will be in by the 3rd quarter. I love district rivalries but playoff rivalries are my favorite. The road to state goes through Carthage, Gilmer or Argyle. Look forward to next year but this year handle your business.

Y'all have EARNED it, and good luck! Now, two more wins and y'all can GO GET THEM RINGS!! LOL! We have made y'all honorary East Texans, so go out there and REPRESENT! :)

We will humbly and with great appreciation and recognition of the great history behind it accept that honorary East Texan designation sir! Honorary East Texans and District of Doomers......I like the sound of that!

I'm just hoping we can get er done this week, so we can play indoors at Jerryworld in a non-weather final. In 2005, when my son was on the team, we played our final in Tyler at Rose Stadium(we were 2a then) and it was absolutely horrible for a 75% passing team like us. We had shut out 4 teams in a row in the playoffs, and then faced Newton for the whole enchilada. They were the preseason pick, had their 3a Coverboy runner, were undefeated, had beaten some quality East Texas 3a schools in predistrict, had run a gauntlet thru the year, had Coach Barbay. And here was falling mist, weather in the mid-30's at kick-off, and they jumped out to a 28-0 halftime score. The wet weather subsided right before halftime, but the temps dropped to freezing. Argyle came out in the second half and shut down their offense. We lost 28-20, driving for the final score in the last possession with 2 mins. left. Their star runningback was put in as a safety in the 2nd half, and intercepted a pass with a little over a minute left in the game. It was disheartening to not have been able to play in fair weather for the whole game. This time, if we can win this week, Jerryworld will be our best buddy! :wub: :rolleyes:

Definitely loving the support!

Me too! I wish we could play Gilmer or Carthage in the regular season in Corsicana every year, instead of playing Mineral Wells or Trinity Christian. I think this would give both teams extra motivation and we would both know where we stand against the best in 3A. Plus, there would probably be a rematch for each team in the playoffs.

By the way, Maxpreps has the game as a 31-14 win for Argyle. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Sb2fSCAxEeG-rAAmVebEWg/texas-football-playoffs-score-projections--dec-9-10-.htm