Argyle vs. Monahans

ADKargyleTCU12

Who will win?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I have to admitt that I know nothing about Monahans but I have seen Argyle play. In saying that I believe Argyle will win or at least that is who I am pulling for. I am gonna need a link so I can listen to this game. Even better would be an Video Broadcast of this game...

Good Luck Argyle from a BULLDAWG FAN!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensive

Front 4

TE Aaron Carlos #12 Sr.- 6'0" and 190 lbs. Good at his job. Very aggressive player, but keeps his cool when it starts to get heated. Keeps the the QB contained extremely well.

DT Andrew Rauling #75 Sr.- 6'2" and 290 lbs. Big ole teddy bear off of the field, but come game time this boy is hard to stop. Have seen him tackle the right guard and the RB at the same time. Is a little slow but is big and stout. Good at filling a hole up. And if he can get is meat hooks on you their is no escaping.

DT Tivo Armendariz #50 Jr.- 6'0" and 205 lbs. Starting DT as a sophomore last year. Very aggressive and a little hot headed. Very quick and very stout. Hard to keep him from taking the handoff.

TE A.J. Sanchez #55 Jr.- 5'9" and 175 lbs. His a little young but also does his job well. He keeps the contain very well. Also very aggressive.

Linebackers

Blake Heflin #5 Sr.- 6'0" and 180 lbs. Good at his job. He is good at reading the play and then filling the hole.

Jackson Scharf #31 Jr.- 5'9" and 175 lbs. Leading tackler for the team. Very good at reading the play and then making the tackle. He is not leading the tackle count for nothing.

Safety

Byron Scharf #8 Sr.- 6'1" and 185 lbs. Does his job and has several tackles to his record. Also good at the coverage.

DB

Logan Mitchell #33 Sr.- 5'10" and 165 lbs. He has let a few over his head but he as also knocked a few down.

Peyton Marcum #20 Sr.- 6'1" and 165 lbs. Long and stringy, but can hit with authority. His our only tall DB, and he gets the job done.

Freddy Garcia #30 Jr.- 5'7" and 145 lbs. Has trouble with the tall kids but he is fast and will get you down after the catch. Does a good job against the short guys though.

Junior Morales #81 So.- 6'5" and 175 lbs. He is young and just learning the ropes. But he has improved though out the season.

Defensive Wrap Up

We are lacking on the pass coverage. But our front 4 do a heck of a job along with our linebackers. Our front will hit you in the mouth and keep after it. Our pass coverage is what is going to get us in trouble. If our guys can keep your QB running for his life then this will help to counter act the lack of coverage. Our 2 DTs are beasts both are big and aggressive.

YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY TALKING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! YOU GOT TO GET OVER THE HUMP FIRST! YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE THE PLAYGROUND BULLY!!!! PLAYGROUND BULLIES ARE BULLIES ONLY TILL THEY TAKE THE FIRST ONE ON THE CHIN!!!!!!! YOU ALL WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOBOES............................DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY.

Not next week man....next year! We had already given up on any Loboe participation on here and sent a mole into Monahans to try to gather information. But now that you're here, where is jackpots and Pops et. al. ???

If you see this guy in Monahans, be sure to answer any and all football questions he may direct your way! He is simply conducting a survey!

fatbastard.jpg

I have to admitt that I know nothing about Monahans but I have seen Argyle play. In saying that I believe Argyle will win or at least that is who I am pulling for. I am gonna need a link so I can listen to this game. Even better would be an Video Broadcast of this game...

Good Luck Argyle from a BULLDAWG FAN!

Much appreciated troop6!

YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY TALKING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! YOU GOT TO GET OVER THE HUMP FIRST! YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE THE PLAYGROUND BULLY!!!! PLAYGROUND BULLIES ARE BULLIES ONLY TILL THEY TAKE THE FIRST ONE ON THE CHIN!!!!!!! YOU ALL WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOBOES............................DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY.

We were the playground bully until we got hit on the chin by Prosper. They humbled us and gave us the loss Argyle needed. It's hard keeping up a perfect record. Argyle has made adjustments and we are striving for nothing less than a state championship. We need to get over this road bump before we hid that mark though.

ScotlandtheBrave going door to door in the Monahans area looking for intel on the Lobo's..............what dedication!!!!

"Errr Yes Maam, I'm a local Monahanian and I was wondering if you had a son that played football????"

Wolf_Skin_Ritual_6_by_lupagreenwolf.jpg

Actually LoboLegend, we are just sort of playoff drunk right now for being on Smoaky for the third week in a row. These East Texans took it out of us the first two weeks, and now we are a group of "space cases" after those two games with Carthage & Gilmer, LOL. :blink: :wacko:

ScotlandtheBrave going door to door in the Monahans area looking for intel on the Lobo's..............what dedication!!!!

Sshhhhh! I don't want to get spotted Pops! So far, I've been able to get almost every page out of their Wing T playbook along with a couple of dandy phone numbers! Who'd a thunk these west Texas lassies would be so lively!

the-last-picture-show1.jpg

Well boys yall have finally coaxed me into posting about our guys on here.

Offense Players to watch.

Offensive Backs

RB Pedro Cano #13 Sr- He is a big rusher on offense. He is 5'8", and 170 lbs. But this boy can find a hole and break tackles. He has speed but has been fetched on occasion. Be looking for him to break some big plays late in the game.

RB Byron Scharf #8 Sr.- He is the other lead rusher for our offense. He is 6'1" and 185 lbs. He will hit the hole hard and will make is own on occasion. He will make big plays right up the gut if their is even a slight hole. Also has some speed not the fastest but fast enough. Be looking for him to bust some big plays in the second half.

RB Freddy Garcia #30 Jr.- He is often over looked but this little guy will bust some big ones. He is 5'7" and 145 lbs soaking wet. But do not overlook him he busts key game winning plays when it counts. Does a lot of relief work for the 2 main RBs.

RB Jackson Scharf #31 Jr.- Another sub for our 2 main runners but does a good job. He is 5'9" and 175 lbs. Be looking for him mainly on defense.

QB Zack Navarro #7 Jr.- He is our young quarter back still only a junior and this is his first year starting on varsity. He is 5'11" and 175 lbs. He is not afraid to run or go out and get a block. He has decent arm, is still inexperienced but he has improved though out the year. Should be really good next year.

Offensive LIne

RT Isaac Marquez #64 Sr.- Weighs 265 lbs. and is 5'11". Big guy but a little slow compared to the rest of the line, but is a nice big anchor.

RG Christian Gonzalez #70 Jr.- Weighs 195 lbs. and is only 5'8". Little on the short side but is stout as heck. Very quick on the line.

C Joe Brandenburg #53 Jr.- Weighs 215 lbs. and is 6' 2". Good solid center is pretty stout and has handled most of the nose guards that have been thown at him.

LG Brandon Jones #60 Sr.- Weighs 215 lbs. and is 6'2". Is the most experienced of our line. His experience shows itself in his keeping the rest of the line on track.

RG Garrett Ford #63 Jr.- Weighs 230 lbs. and is 6'1". Also has decent speed and is pretty stout.

TE Elias Sigala #82 Jr.- Weighs 130 lbs. and is 6'2". Is a stout tight end has power. Not quite as experienced as our TE last year but he is improving.

Offensive Wrap Up.

This is a young front line that had us all worried at the beginning of the year, but they have pulled their act together and are looking really good right now. Also have a good amount of speed on our line. Our QB is also young and has learned a lot since the beginning of the year. We have 2 dang good RBs who will bust plays if you do not watch them. They are all quick and are good at finding a hole to run through. Out 2 RB subs also run very well. We will throw a few just to keep you guys from loading the box, but we are mainly a ground team.Overall this team has had to work their butts off to get to where they are now. They have had to play 4 quarters of football all season long. They have a lot of heart and will play till the end. This is a second half type offense. They will get a feel for the opponent the first half and then come in for the win the second half. Our offense depends on the defense making stops.

YES! Thank you lord! You're a good man.

It's just smack talk. Talk back!

Oh, great! Y'all just had to pick the fastest guy on your team...... :mad: ......but can he throw? :mellow:

How many seniors do y'all have on this year's team? Starters coming back? Offense, defense?

Sadler was a QB before moving to receiver. Seems there was an upperclassman in his way, and yes he can throw but with the other hand. Seniors? We have a few but we have learned from the best "we don't rebuild we reload". We have some youngsters that are dang fine players. Once we get through with the playoffs I'll see if I can't give a season end rap up.

Not next week man....next year! We had already given up on any Loboe participation on here and sent a mole into Monahans to try to gather information. But now that you're here, where is jackpots and Pops et. al. ???

If you see this guy in Monahans, be sure to answer any and all football questions he may direct your way! He is simply conducting a survey!

fatbastard.jpg

LMAO AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

"Errr Yes Maam, I'm a local Monahanian and I was wondering if you had a son that played football????"

HAHAHA ohh Lord this is great!

Sadler was a QB before moving to receiver. Seems there was an upperclassman in his way, and yes he can throw but with the other hand. Seniors? We have a few but we have learned from the best "we don't rebuild we reload". We have some youngsters that are dang fine players. Once we get through with the playoffs I'll see if I can't give a season end rap up.

I was told last week by a teacher that has been at Argyle since it opened and has been a teacher for 30+ years altogether, that Ian Sadler is the best athlete that Coach Rodgers and the staff have ever seen. She was told this directly by a coach. He has to mature a little as far as his work ethic goes but if the coaches speak that highly of him, we won't skip a beat.

Sshhhhh! I don't want to get spotted Pops! So far, I've been able to get almost every page out of their Wing T playbook along with a couple of dandy phone numbers! Who'd a thunk these west Texas lassies would be so lively!

............did you really need to paint your car too????

jeffwolfoutsideright.jpg

I was told last week by a teacher that has been at Argyle since it opened and has been a teacher for 30+ years altogether, that Ian Sadler is the best athlete that Coach Rodgers and the staff have ever seen. She was told this directly by a coach. He has to mature a little as far as his work ethic goes but if the coaches speak that highly of him, we won't skip a beat.

Note the first name ADK......Ian! Along with Austin, both Scottish!

axe.jpg

Defensive

Front 4

TE Aaron Carlos #12 Sr.- 6'0" and 190 lbs. Good at his job. Very aggressive player, but keeps his cool when it starts to get heated. Keeps the the QB contained extremely well.

DT Andrew Rauling #75 Sr.- 6'2" and 290 lbs. Big ole teddy bear off of the field, but come game time this boy is hard to stop. Have seen him tackle the right guard and the RB at the same time. Is a little slow but is big and stout. Good at filling a hole up. And if he can get is meat hooks on you their is no escaping.

DT Tivo Armendariz #50 Jr.- 6'0" and 205 lbs. Starting DT as a sophomore last year. Very aggressive and a little hot headed. Very quick and very stout. Hard to keep him from taking the handoff.

TE A.J. Sanchez #55 Jr.- 5'9" and 175 lbs. His a little young but also does his job well. He keeps the contain very well. Also very aggressive.

Linebackers

Blake Heflin #5 Sr.- 6'0" and 180 lbs. Good at his job. He is good at reading the play and then filling the hole.

Jackson Scharf #31 Jr.- 5'9" and 175 lbs. Leading tackler for the team. Very good at reading the play and then making the tackle. He is not leading the tackle count for nothing.

Safety

Byron Scharf #8 Sr.- 6'1" and 185 lbs. Does his job and has several tackles to his record. Also good at the coverage.

DB

Logan Mitchell #33 Sr.- 5'10" and 165 lbs. He has let a few over his head but he as also knocked a few down.

Peyton Marcum #20 Sr.- 6'1" and 165 lbs. Long and stringy, but can hit with authority. His our only tall DB, and he gets the job done.

Freddy Garcia #30 Jr.- 5'7" and 145 lbs. Has trouble with the tall kids but he is fast and will get you down after the catch. Does a good job against the short guys though.

Junior Morales #81 So.- 6'5" and 175 lbs. He is young and just learning the ropes. But he has improved though out the season.

Defensive Wrap Up

We are lacking on the pass coverage. But our front 4 do a heck of a job along with our linebackers. Our front will hit you in the mouth and keep after it. Our pass coverage is what is going to get us in trouble. If our guys can keep your QB running for his life then this will help to counter act the lack of coverage. Our 2 DTs are beasts both are big and aggressive.

A priority vs. Argyle is putting pressure on their QB. They can complete a 20-yard pass play in 4 seconds.

fatbastard.jpg

jackpots in shreveport making living....he still rooting for you.....i hope that radio station 98xfm caring game....i will have to listent to those homers unless a local argill station carring it....let me know if their is one....be back in towne on friday......EAGLES BIG BLOW OUT :unsure: :blush: :blink: :mad:

jackpots in shreveport making living....he still rooting for you.....i hope that radio station 98xfm caring game....i will have to listent to those homers unless a local argill station carring it....let me know if their is one....be back in towne on friday......EAGLES BIG BLOW OUT :unsure: :blush: :blink: :mad:

All is right with the Republic!

Hey ADK, can you put up the Sportsgram.com ABN website for the fans here that want to listen to the play by play call from the Argyle side. I would, but I don't know how to do it.

Regal.....Cole Hedlund is in the running for player of the week! He broke the state of Texas record this year and I think that just might merit a vote! How bout it East Texas?! Here is the link:

http://www.dallasnew...h-schools/vote/

Loboes are free to vote as well!

Place-kicker Cole Hedlund set a state record last night. Yes, a state record for number of field goals in a season. And we’re not talking just class 3A, we’re talking the ALL TIME STATE RECORD IN TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL HISTORY! Cole kicked field goals of 27, 39, and 32 yards in the second half to pad Argyle’s lead. With those three field goals, Cole has now connected on 21 of 25 field goal attempts setting the state record which was owned by Hunter Lawrence from Boerne, Texas set back in 2004.

In addition, Cole has made 67 out of 69 on his extra point attempts. There has been a long line of all-state place kickers in Argyle (Cole’s brother Chad who kicks for Wake Forest and Ben Parks before him who kicks for Baylor), but young Cole now can claim the state record and he’s just a sophomore!

There has been a long line of all-state place kickers in Argyle (Cole's brother Chad who kicks for Wake Forest and Ben Parks before him who kicks for Baylor), but young Cole now can claim the state record and he's just a sophomore!

And Chris Benjamin before all of them. He went on to kick for UNT and won a bowl game with them - can't remember which one it was. I lived with him for a year. Great dude.

BwaHahahahahahaha! Good grief ADK, you've let yourself go in a few short years since you graduated man!

Nah, that's me on the right!