1. 1. Who Takes State?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be tough for both teams!!

+1

I voted for alvarado in the poll, just because if CH doesn't clean it up they won't win it. I sure hope they work hard this week, and stay focused. I know they can get the job done, it's just a matter of doing it.

+1

I voted for alvarado in the poll, just because if CH doesn't clean it up they won't win it. I sure hope they work hard this week, and stay focused. I know they can get the job done, it's just a matter of doing it.

Ya, alvarado has to have a very good week of practice and preparation. The coaches will have a very good gameplan for them. They just have to go executive it like they have all year

ALVARADO INDIANS (14-0)

Passing Yards Per Game

Rushing Yards Per Game

Tackles Per Game

Sacks Per Game

Points Per Game

Of

Passing

Name Comp Att. Comp% Yds. Y/G TD INT

#18 West 59 132 45 1212 93.2 17 2

Rushing

Name Car Yds Avg Y/G TD

#7 Onderdonck 293 2724 9.3 209.5 26

#8 Hardy 89 652 7.3 50.2 11

#38 Wlraven 41 167 4.1 13.9 1

#18 West 35 134 3.8 10.3 6

#11 McNeil 33 263 8.0 21.9 4

#14 Leger 32 150 4.7 11.5 2

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Avg Y/G TD

#81 Ellinger 19 390 20.5 32.5 6

#2 Bates 18 537 29.8 41.3 7

#85 Pinkerton 13 175 13.5 25.0 0

#5 Vanderhoff 5 74 14.8 8.2 3

#4 Hardy 4 49 12.6 3.8 2

Offensive Line

Name Pancakes

#50 Goff 16

#62 Sevener 24

#63 Arrendondo 4

#66 Thomas 1

#68 Glasscock 43

#70 Cameros 28

#73 Moody 4

#75 Spann 1

#77 Munoz 27

#88 Geeo 12

#90 Vanderhoff 18

Tackles

Name Tckl Asst Tot T/G

#12 Villarreal 124 40 164 12.6

#57 Gentry 98 39 137 10.5

#3 Thomas 69 15 84 6.5

#5 Holbert 67 24 91 7.0

#42 Adams 61 19 80 6.2

#99 Fuller 58 23 81 6.2

#48 Johnson 56 16 72 5.5

#55 Castillo 49 16 65 5.4

#11 McNeil 45 16 61 5.1

#2 Bates 35 6 41 3.2

#14 Leger 24 5 29 2.2

#68 Glasscock 23 4 27 2.1

#12 Cornett 12 2 14 2.0

#21 Torres 11 0 11 0.9

#89 Lemons 10 10 20 1.8

Sacks

Name Sacks

#55 Castillo 8.0

#68 Glasscock 5.0

#42 Adams 5.0

#99 Fuller 5.0

#56 Gentry 3.0

#12 Villarreal 3.0

#89 Lemons 1.0

#48 Johnson 1.0

#40 Bassinger 1.0

#2 Bates 1.0

Interceptions

Name Interceptions

#2 Bates 8

#5 Holbert 4

#11 McNeil 4

#14 Leger 2

#12 Villarreal 1

#3 Thomas 1

#50 Goff 1

#56 Gentry 1

Punts

Name Punts Yds Avg

#56 Gentry 13 427 32.9

Punt Returns

Name Ret Yds Avg

#2 Bates 19 389 20.5

Kickoff Returns

Name Ret Yds Avg

#2 Bates 5 163 32.6

#38 Walraven 2 25 12.5

#11 McNeil 2 57 28.5

#14 Leger 1 15 15.0

#81 Ellinger 1 27 27.0

+1

I thought were a CH guy!?!?

+1

I thought you were a CH guy!?!?

I thought you were a CH guy!?!?

I am, but my vote is based on the last three weeks. 3 weeks in a row CH has fought back and plats with their backs against the wall. That can be a great asset in arlingon, but why have they been in this situation three weeks in a row? Because they have made vital mistakes. Penalties, turnovers, missed opportunities, questionable offensive play calling, at times they do everything righ, but in that same game they look bad to say the least, and when I say they, I mean the entire team and coaching staff. The bottom line is, they have done just enough when it matters most, but you can only play with your head between you legs so long, before a team makes you pay the ultimate price. If the dogs play football like they did against lindale, then they will with out a doubt beat anyone in the state, even Alvarado, but if they play like they have the past three weeks, then they will more than likely leave disappointed like last year. I'm pulling for the dogs big Time!!! I want a victory for those boys so bad, and for the coaches, and community. They can improve, I know it. They can win, I know it. I'm just being honest, becaus at this point, it's now or never!

I am, but my vote is based on the last three weeks. 3 weeks in a row CH has fought back and plats with their backs against the wall. That can be a great asset in arlingon, but why have they been in this situation three weeks in a row? Because they have made vital mistakes. Penalties, turnovers, missed opportunities, questionable offensive play calling, at times they do everything righ, but in that same game they look bad to say the least, and when I say they, I mean the entire team and coaching staff. The bottom line is, they have done just enough when it matters most, but you can only play with your head between you legs so long, before a team makes you pay the ultimate price. If the dogs play football like they did against lindale, then they will with out a doubt beat anyone in the state, even Alvarado, but if they play like they have the past three weeks, then they will more than likely leave disappointed like last year. I'm pulling for the dogs big Time!!! I want a victory for those boys so bad, and for the coaches, and community. They can improve, I know it. They can win, I know it. I'm just being honest, becaus at this point, it's now or never!

Great post!!

I don't understand ppl questioning the coaches and players on a team that is 14-0. Maybe some people just got their hearts broken so deeply last year, it is some sort of psychological defense mechanism kicking in...just in case.

Lilhood...I'm ashamed of u. "pulling for em but voting against em". I know they have had some really big struggles these last 3 weeks and some r self-inflicted wounds, but they have held on D and scored on O when we needed it most!!! I don't really like the heart stopping moments---I would much rather roll into the next game with a comfortable lead, but hey--these boys want this and they have proven over and over and over they will NOT stop fighting til the last whistle blows!!!!!! Bulldogs bring home the gold

I would like nothing more for CH to bring that Trophy back to ET but Im not sure they will!! Given all the mistakes/turnovers that CH has committed the past 2 weeks can not happen in this game because Alvarado will capitalize on it. They are one of the Best well rounded teams I have watched in the past 5 yrs. They aren't the biggest or fastest but they will hit you head on and not stop. #7 is a Freght Train and runs hard every play. If CH doesnt hit and wrap him up good you will not bring him down. He has a lot of Heart and doesnt quit. The execution of the O-line for Alvarado was very impressive. Once again not the biggest O-line out there but they execute so well on blocking and will open up some big holes for #7. The Defense is no different!! Excellent coverage by DB and D-line will get good pressure on yalls QB. Alvarado plays as a TEAM and to me that is a big advantage. If both these teams play up to there level this game goes into Double Overtime IMO. Who knows the last two games CH played might not have been pretty but at the same time it may have showed where they are getting exposed.

I know yall CH fans probably gonna be hating on me now but if CH doesnt come out and play there game then Alvarado wins this game. I just hope yall CH fans dont start that "Drunk Posting" like last yrs thread.. LMAO Good Luck to both teams!! Both teams have earned the trip to Jerry's World regardless of a last second win or a blow out! Both are talented teams and have earned each others Respect!!!!!

I would like nothing more for CH to bring that Trophy back to ET but Im not sure they will!! Given all the mistakes/turnovers that CH has committed the past 2 weeks can not happen in this game because Alvarado will capitalize on it. They are one of the Best well rounded teams I have watched in the past 5 yrs. They aren't the biggest or fastest but they will hit you head on and not stop. #7 is a Freght Train and runs hard every play. If CH doesnt hit and wrap him up good you will not bring him down. He has a lot of Heart and doesnt quit. The execution of the O-line for Alvarado was very impressive. Once again not the biggest O-line out there but they execute so well on blocking and will open up some big holes for #7. The Defense is no different!! Excellent coverage by DB and D-line will get good pressure on yalls QB. Alvarado plays as a TEAM and to me that is a big advantage. If both these teams play up to there level this game goes into Double Overtime IMO. Who knows the last two games CH played might not have been pretty but at the same time it may have showed where they are getting exposed.

I know yall CH fans probably gonna be hating on me now but if CH doesnt come out and play there game then Alvarado wins this game. I just hope yall CH fans dont start that "Drunk Posting" like last yrs thread.. LMAO Good Luck to both teams!! Both teams have earned the trip to Jerry's World regardless of a last second win or a blow out! Both are talented teams and have earned each others Respect!!!!!

I aint skered!!! Im glad people are talking up Alvarado!!! Us Bulldogs are gonna shock the Indians come Friday night!!

Just becauuse Ch has had close games lately doesnt meen JACK!!! This is a new day and different game! We have a AWESOME TEAM, and yall will see it come friday!!!

GO DOGS!

I aint skered!!! Im glad people are talking up Alvarado!!! Us Bulldogs are gonna shock the Indians come Friday night!!

Just becauuse Ch has had close games lately doesnt meen JACK!!! This is a new day and different game! We have a AWESOME TEAM, and yall will see it come friday!!!

GO DOGS!

I think people are just giving alvarado some props for what they have done, look at the poll many believe chill wins it..

Just don't forget that every team we have faced were accustomed to out-scoring their opponents by a huge margin.... We stood strong when they brought their "A" game! Just because the scores were close doesn't mean we were lucky! We fought hard b/c the other team stepped up... We have had mistakes, and I'm sure Alvarado has too... They just haven't faced anyone who can capitalize on those mistakes. They haven't faced anyone who will make them "fight for a score" like CH will... Shame on those "CH fans" who vote against CH b/c alavarado has a RB who hasn't faced a D like CH! we have guns too! If you're a CH fan who thinks Alvarado will win, you might as well go sit on the other side come Friday!!!!

There is no way that Alvarado is any better than LaVega or Navasota. Both of those teams would have beat Henderson just as bad as Alvarado did. CH has just been through the toughest track to Dallas that any recent 3A team has ever seen. This region was loaded and CH beat all comers. Looking forward to a great game Friday. The Bulldogs are going to make us all proud!

Just don't forget that every team we have faced were accustomed to out-scoring their opponents by a huge margin.... We stood strong when they brought their "A" game! Just because the scores were close doesn't mean we were lucky! We fought hard b/c the other team stepped up... We have had mistakes, and I'm sure Alvarado has too... They just haven't faced anyone who can capitalize on those mistakes. They haven't faced anyone who will make them "fight for a score" like CH will... Shame on those "CH fans" who vote against CH b/c alavarado has a RB who hasn't faced a D like CH! we have guns too! If you're a CH fan who thinks Alvarado will win, you might as well go sit on the other side come Friday!!!!

+1. I'm Riding with my DOGS all the way.