3a D1 State Championship

Stankylegg

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes State?

There is no way that Alvarado is any better than LaVega or Navasota. Both of those teams would have beat Henderson just as bad as Alvarado did. CH has just been through the toughest track to Dallas that any recent 3A team has ever seen. This region was loaded and CH beat all comers. Looking forward to a great game Friday. The Bulldogs are going to make us all proud!

Navasota and WC were running teams and we played them close. If anything they prepared us to at another running team in Alvarado. CH is due for a perfect game. Why wouldn't it be this one? The DOGS are going to make us proud.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that Alvarado is any better than LaVega or Navasota. Both of those teams would have beat Henderson just as bad as Alvarado did. CH has just been through the toughest track to Dallas that any recent 3A team has ever seen. This region was loaded and CH beat all comers. Looking forward to a great game Friday. The Bulldogs are going to make us all proud!

And then you woke up from your hangover and and re-read your post.....

Navasota and WC were running teams and we played them close. If anything they prepared us to at another running team in Alvarado. CH is due for a perfect game. Why wouldn't it be this one? The DOGS are going to make us proud.

+1

Put Alvarado on our side of the bracket and see how tough it is!!!

Hey uncle just cover toss sweep left and right and you have them covered....Sounds easy but I think CH can do it....

your kidding right?

cover the run and your good, Alvarado's passing game wasnt much if any, they like to do the toss alot

Are you Henderson fans coming next Friday? I hope y'all do.

I wonder if Coach Sitton is going to give Coach Meeks a call and ask for some pointers?

It would not suprise me if he did call...I know these ET coaches are pretty close and who knows CH may come practice in our indoor facility it has the same turf as Cowboy stadium...

Pulling for Chill, but Alvarado plays good, solid defense and have shut down a lot of good teams this year, meanwhile scoring major points on everybody..For that reason I think the Indians win State this year. We will see, Good luck and Congratulations to both teams for making it this far. Should be a good one ;)

It would not suprise me if he did call...I know these ET coaches are pretty close and who knows CH may come practice in our indoor facility it has the same turf as Cowboy stadium...

Some coaches have their own way of doing it... But if he does call Meeks for some points, he is certainly qualified to share some!

That would be nice if we could use yalls indoor facility if the weather is like it is today the rest of the week. I'm sure they have talked already since Meeks has ties to CH.

Lilhood...I'm ashamed of u. "pulling for em but voting against em". I know they have had some really big struggles these last 3 weeks and some r self-inflicted wounds, but they have held on D and scored on O when we needed it most!!! I don't really like the heart stopping moments---I would much rather roll into the next game with a comfortable lead, but hey--these boys want this and they have proven over and over and over they will NOT stop fighting til the last whistle blows!!!!!! Bulldogs bring home the gold

You're right. I think the dogs will cut out the mistakes and get the dub, mark my words though, if they don't kick it up a notch they will not leave happy. Go bulldogs!

Seems to be the same attitude just a yr later over there in CH!! I just laugh a little everytime one of yall comment saying this is our yr!! Sounds just like last yr. We all know how that "Donkey Stomping" turned out. Even after getting beat by the weak little Lions with a QB who had a cast on his left arm, yall could not accept that yall had been beaten. "If CH and Henderson play 10 times CH wins 9 out of 10." If they would have played 10 times CH would have quit about game 5 because its one thing to play but its totally different to take 10 beatings. Coming into that game the O-line had only allowed like 1 or 2 sacks right??? Henderson had 9 in State game. Enough about that.

Here is the 1st half stats from fridays game.

Alvarado Henderson

TOP 18:30 5:30

1st dns 22 5

Yds 235 95

I know CH can score but yall better do it every chance that you get. Alvarado is not going do anything flashy they are just going to line up and run straight at you all nite. Over and over and over. But wait I forgot yall are The Mighty puppies and yall dont need this worthless info. So Im gonna get off here and watch the all mighty Cowboys get beat by the Cardinals! :o

Seems to be the same attitude just a yr later over there in CH!! I just laugh a little everytime one of yall comment saying this is our yr!! Sounds just like last yr. We all know how that "Donkey Stomping" turned out. Even after getting beat by the weak little Lions with a QB who had a cast on his left arm, yall could not accept that yall had been beaten. "If CH and Henderson play 10 times CH wins 9 out of 10." If they would have played 10 times CH would have quit about game 5 because its one thing to play but its totally different to take 10 beatings. Coming into that game the O-line had only allowed like 1 or 2 sacks right??? Henderson had 9 in State game. Enough about that.

Here is the 1st half stats from fridays game.

Alvarado Henderson

TOP 18:30 5:30

1st dns 22 5

Yds 235 95

I know CH can score but yall better do it every chance that you get. Alvarado is not going do anything flashy they are just going to line up and run straight at you all nite. Over and over and over. But wait I forgot yall are The Mighty puppies and yall dont need this worthless info. So Im gonna get off here and watch the all mighty Cowboys get beat by the Cardinals! :o

Sour grapes? Maybe? Nobody has said anything about Henderson but yet you bring up the 7 pt "donkey stomping". Last yr is last yr. If the CH fans are talkin "smack" they are talking to Alvarado NOT Henderson. So please show your support towards CH. Y'all did after all beat us last yr and since y'all are out already I would assume your rottin for your hwy 64 neighbor? I know a lot of the other H-Town guys are.

I don't understand ppl questioning the coaches and players on a team that is 14-0. Maybe some people just got their hearts broken so deeply last year, it is some sort of psychological defense mechanism kicking in...just in case.

I feel like your post was directed towards me, and I understand why you said it. The reason I posted what I did is simple. The dogs are 14-0 and it's not a mistake, they are battle tested and a great football team. Why are they battle tested though? Is it because Waco la vega, navasota, and WC are that close to CH's level? In my opinion the only reason those teams where able to give CH those scares, is due to CH's own brain f arts. In my opinion CH is much better than each of those teams, but penalties and turnovers allowed each of those teams to "hang around" and feel like they had a chance to win. Yes competition gets better and you can't expect to blow teams out in late rounds, but those teams did not stay close because of what they did, but more because of what CH did to themselves. Regardless of the previous 14 games, chapel hill is in their final performance. They have one last game, and their record no longer matters. They have one game. What does matter is the adversity they overcame over and over and over again, Bootcamp, last years loss to Henderson, tight wins, and close calls. These things CH has faced more than alvarado. Would Alvarado be 14-0 had their starting qb missed 6.5 games? There is no way of knowing. Would alvarado be 14-0, having been forced to play with 6 of their top 10 players on the sidelines due to injuries? We have no way of knowing. Can Alvarado's 2011 team battle back from a multiple touchdown deficit against a powerhouse team? No way of knowing. Can Alvarado take down an undefeated team in the playoffs? No way of knowing, but I doubt they could be undefeated still, and be the team they are now, having faced the injuries CH has faced. We will find out Friday how well they match up against an undefeated team. CH has been in this position before. This is the third undefeated team CH has seen in these playoffs, not to mention, lindale, and Westwood (game one:)) during the regular season. I have changed my vote to CH, because they WILL make changes needed and get the win, therefore, they WILL win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Friday---- "donkey stomping". Is what alvarado handed y'all Friday!!!! If you call 1and I mean 1 touchdown a donkey stomping then Henderson suffered from mule a$$ kicking on Friday. And if u actually read any of the CH posts--we r aware that alvarado just might win this game but at least we made it!!!!!!! When you finish with that cowboy game I hear Henderson is having a community wide basket-ball blowing up rally til midnight, maybe u can join in on the fun!!!!!!!

I feel like your post was directed towards me, and I understand why you said it. The reason I posted what I did is simple. The dogs are 14-0 and it's not a mistake, they are battle tested and a great football team. Why are they battle tested though? Is it because Waco la vega, navasota, and WC are that close to CH's level? In my opinion the only reason those teams where able to give CH those scares, is due to CH's own brain f arts. In my opinion CH is much better than each of those teams, but penalties and turnovers allowed each of those teams to "hang around" and feel like they had a chance to win. Yes competition gets better and you can't expect to blow teams out in late rounds, but those teams did not stay close because of what they did, but more because of what CH did to themselves. Regardless of the previous 14 games, chapel hill is in their final performance. They have one last game, and their record no longer matters. They have one game. What does matter is the adversity they overcame over and over and over again, Bootcamp, last years loss to Henderson, tight wins, and close calls. These things CH has faced more than alvarado. Would Alvarado be 14-0 had their starting qb missed 6.5 games? There is no way of knowing. Would alvarado be 14-0, having been forced to play with 6 of their top 10 players on the sidelines due to injuries? We have no way of knowing. Can Alvarado's 2011 team battle back from a multiple touchdown deficit against a powerhouse team? No way of knowing. Can Alvarado take down an undefeated team in the playoffs? No way of knowing, but I doubt they could be undefeated still, and be the team they are now, having faced the injuries CH has faced. We will find out Friday how well they match up against an undefeated team. CH has been in this position before. This is the third undefeated team CH has seen in these playoffs, not to mention, lindale, and Westwood (game one:)) during the regular season. I have changed my vote to CH, because they WILL make changes needed and get the win, therefore, they WILL win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your back on board. Lol.

Hey Friday---- "donkey stomping". Is what alvarado handed y'all Friday!!!! If you call 1and I mean 1 touchdown a donkey stomping then Henderson suffered from mule a$$ kicking on Friday. And if u actually read any of the CH posts--we r aware that alvarado just might win this game but at least we made it!!!!!!! When you finish with that cowboy game I hear Henderson is having a community wide basket-ball blowing up rally til midnight, maybe u can join in on the fun!!!!!!!

Let's not let this one guy from Henderson spoil it for the other Henderson guys pullin for us. No need to debate him on wins or loses. What's done is done. CH has a chance and that's all we can ask for.

All I can say is those boys better focus, Football, football, football this next week. No celebrating at all. We can have a party next Saturday, but until then it's time to work harder than ever!! Go dogs.

I agree. Think about it though even with CH shooting theirselves in the foot they still win. Maybe this team is just too good to lose regardless when mistakes are made. Time will tell.