3a D1 State Championship

Stankylegg

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes State?

Seems to be the same attitude just a yr later over there in CH!! I just laugh a little everytime one of yall comment saying this is our yr!! Sounds just like last yr. We all know how that "Donkey Stomping" turned out. Even after getting beat by the weak little Lions with a QB who had a cast on his left arm, yall could not accept that yall had been beaten. "If CH and Henderson play 10 times CH wins 9 out of 10." If they would have played 10 times CH would have quit about game 5 because its one thing to play but its totally different to take 10 beatings. Coming into that game the O-line had only allowed like 1 or 2 sacks right??? Henderson had 9 in State game. Enough about that.

Here is the 1st half stats from fridays game.

Alvarado Henderson

TOP 18:30 5:30

1st dns 22 5

Yds 235 95

I know CH can score but yall better do it every chance that you get. Alvarado is not going do anything flashy they are just going to line up and run straight at you all nite. Over and over and over. But wait I forgot yall are The Mighty puppies and yall dont need this worthless info. So Im gonna get off here and watch the all mighty Cowboys get beat by the Cardinals! :o

Someone sounds a little bitter about their loss. Your entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sounds a little emotional, kinda like a woman (no offense to the women on here). Last year is over, and I know every CH poster gave your mighty lions their credit. Keep livin on the past, like you obviously are, and it will be another 40 years before Henderson wins it again. Y'all beat CH LAST year. Congratulations buddy. Enjoy yourself while CH is in Arlington giving it their best shot, yet again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Think about it though even with CH shooting theirselves in the foot they still win. Maybe this team is just too good to lose regardless when mistakes are made. Time will tell.

IDK about being too good to lose, but the last three wins, considering the mistakes are definitely a testament to the talent and abilities of this team. Go bulldogs!!

Take it like you want but I would make your Q.B. beat me if I were C.H.

I see CH shutting down any chances of a passing game, and having a grind it out battle. Alvarado has badonkadonker, but CH has Reagan, Rollins, Clark, Tucker, Allen, Williams, mcCowin, Johnson, and Saenz occasionally.

Hey Friday---- "donkey stomping". Is what alvarado handed y'all Friday!!!! If you call 1and I mean 1 touchdown a donkey stomping then Henderson suffered from mule a$$ kicking on Friday. And if u actually read any of the CH posts--we r aware that alvarado just might win this game but at least we made it!!!!!!! When you finish with that cowboy game I hear Henderson is having a community wide basket-ball blowing up rally til midnight, maybe u can join in on the fun!!!!!!!

Hey there Cupcake!! Lets get the Donkey Stomping issue out first. Henderson never said they were gonna Donkey Stomp anyone. Henderson was being told not to show up at Jerrys World last yr. because CHAPEL HILL was going to Donkey Stomp them. But then again thats why they PLAY the game on the field instead of on paper. Yall have awesome Selective memory ability..

Now in reference to the game friday, Go take a look at my post on the Alvarado Henderson Thread. I posted it there and I will tell you again they BEAT us up and down that field. Yes I know that yall made it and Congratulations. If CH and Alvarado both play a mistake free game I honestly see it going into Overtime. But If CH doesnt score on each Possession and has a turnover, Alvarado will capitalize on it and win this game with long time consuming drives. Like I said Good Luck to both Teams they are playing in Jerry's World for the Title. Dont get any better than that..... Didnt know about the basketball rally. Cant make it though cause Im on my way to NY to pick up 2500 AED Defibrillator's. Was told to carry them to Jerrys World for the game this week. Apparently Jerry Jones has heard rumor of CH taking these games down to the wire winning them in the final moments of the game. So to be on the safe side he wants all the Defib's he can get in case the Cardiac Gang flatlines........

Hey there Cupcake!! Lets get the Donkey Stomping issue out first. Henderson never said they were gonna Donkey Stomp anyone. Henderson was being told not to show up at Jerrys World last yr. because CHAPEL HILL was going to Donkey Stomp them. But then again thats why they PLAY the game on the field instead of on paper. Yall have awesome Selective memory ability..

Now in reference to the game friday, Go take a look at my post on the Alvarado Henderson Thread. I posted it there and I will tell you again they BEAT us up and down that field. Yes I know that yall made it and Congratulations. If CH and Alvarado both play a mistake free game I honestly see it going into Overtime. But If CH doesnt score on each Possession and has a turnover, Alvarado will capitalize on it and win this game with long time consuming drives. Like I said Good Luck to both Teams they are playing in Jerry's World for the Title. Dont get any better than that..... Didnt know about the basketball rally. Cant make it though cause Im on my way to NY to pick up 2500 AED Defibrillator's. Was told to carry them to Jerrys World for the game this week. Apparently Jerry Jones has heard rumor of CH taking these games down to the wire winning them in the final moments of the game. So to be on the safe side he wants all the Defib's he can get in case the Cardiac Gang flatlines........

That last part is pretty funny, but hey, so is the first part. Hahahahahahahaha

Will you bring 9000-13000 back instead. Not sure how the bandwagon fans will react if it's close but the 2500 is about right for the regulars.

Sportsfan4life3 is right. Athleticism, some good coaching and the will to win has propelled CH to 14-0, but there have been some questionable playcalling in these last 3 weeks that could've cost CH those games. All Sportsfan is saying is against a team of this caliber (#1 Defense in 3A and a ball controlling ground game) you can't afford to make the mistakes that we've gotten away with in the past and expect to win. There can't be any onside kicks with a tie ball-game giving up good field position. There can't be getting away from what's working to try to get cute offensively. There can't be the interceptions with the clock running out nor taking a sack and losing substantial yardage when all you have to do is throw the ball into the stands. If you ask the coaches they'll agree.

I don't understand ppl questioning the coaches and players on a team that is 14-0. Maybe some people just got their hearts broken so deeply last year, it is some sort of psychological defense mechanism kicking in...just in case.

Well I just got a call from the Front Office at Jerry's World. Seems that Mr. Jones flatlined himself, should have taken his own darn advice!!!! Im still trying to figure out if what I saw really happened.... But we are talking about the Cowboys. The Office is gonna call me later and let me know if we still have access to the Accounts??? If so I will bring every fan at the Stadium one with there very own personalized carrying case. Not to mention free parking for everyone along with free concessions...... :D

I see CH shutting down any chances of a passing game, and having a grind it out battle. Alvarado has badonkadonker, but CH has Reagan, Rollins, Clark, Tucker, Allen, Williams, mcCowin, Johnson, and Saenz occasionally.

Onderdonck is containable, not much of a passing game at all... Don't get me wrong, he can run with the wind, but he needs an Oline to open up some gaping holes. These different refs we'll have Friday might be calling a LOT more holds than last week. A's Oline got away with so many holds it wasn't even funny.

We show up with minimal mistakes, play our game, we go home winners!

Onderdonck is containable, not much of a passing game at all... Don't get me wrong, he can run with the wind, but he needs an Oline to open up some gaping holes. These different refs we'll have Friday might be calling a LOT more holds than last week. A's Oline got away with so many holds it wasn't even funny.

We show up with minimal mistakes, play our game, we go home winners!

Humm thats funny.. Because I was there and watch the replay on tv and didnt see any holding calls that were missed.. They were getting pushed so far off the line.. Please dont discredit what alvarado did.. where you even at the game?

Sportsfan4life3 is right. Athleticism, some good coaching and the will to win has propelled CH to 14-0, but there have been some questionable playcalling in these last 3 weeks that could've cost CH those games. All Sportsfan is saying is against a team of this caliber (#1 Defense in 3A and a ball controlling ground game) you can't afford to make the mistakes that we've gotten away with in the past and expect to win. There can't be any onside kicks with a tie ball-game giving up good field position. There can't be getting away from what's working to try to get cute offensively. There can't be the interceptions with the clock running out nor taking a sack and losing substantial yardage when all you have to do is throw the ball into the stands. If you ask the coaches they'll agree.

+1

Well now that's all cleared up-- I think I like the "cupcake" thing.. You can put that on myy defib!!!!!

quote name='FridayNiteLights' timestamp='1323042536' post='1656269']

Humm thats funny.. Because I was there and watch the replay on tv and didnt see any holding calls that were missed.. They were getting pushed so far off the line.. Please dont discredit what alvarado did.. where you even at the game?

One example is where #62 nearly tackled #55 on a run to the left... I wasn't there, but I have access to the videos... Not discrediting your pass game, just said it wasn't much.