3a D1 State Championship

Stankylegg

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes State?

Hey lil hood.. What injuries do yall guys have?? Alvarado for the most part is at full steength.. I know yall havw been banged up some but keep winning.. Impresive!

Not real sure just yet. A couple kids are questionable, I know, but I'll find out. I wouldn't be shocked to see minimal touches by Tucker. It hurt not being able to use him as much last week IMO.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm thats funny.. Because I was there and watch the replay on tv and didnt see any holding calls that were missed.. They were getting pushed so far off the line.. Please dont discredit what alvarado did.. where you even at the game?

I was there too and there were a BUNCH of holding calls, late hits, etc. I am not making excuses and have already stated that Alvarado played a heck of a game. But to say no calls were missed is laughable...on both sides. Chill..... keep playing the way you have and you can grind out a win I think... but turn it over like we did..some due to Alvarado and some due to ourselves... and it could be a long drive home. Go Chapel Hill!!

I was there too and there were a BUNCH of holding calls, late hits, etc. I am not making excuses and have already stated that Alvarado played a heck of a game. But to say no calls were missed is laughable...on both sides. Chill..... keep playing the way you have and you can grind out a win I think... but turn it over like we did..some due to Alvarado and some due to ourselves... and it could be a long drive home. Go Chapel Hill!!

Thanks for the advice and support.

Really? So every play was a hold on both teams?? Get out of here..

Really? So every play was a hold on both teams?? Get out of here..

Look i'm sure Sitton has seen the film and if he thinks there was a lot of holding on the edges he will chat with the refs before the game and tell them too watch for it. That's what all coaches do IF they see a lot going on. He has hudl just like the rest of us do but he may see it different who knows...

ALVARADO

(9-3) Robinson W(42 – 27) – Lost in 2nd

(1-9) Springtown W(26 – 0) – DNM Playoffs

(9-3) Prosper W(28 – 7) – Lost in 2nd

(7-4) Bridgeport W(39 – 20) – Lost in 1st

(6-4) Connally W(37 – 6) – DMN Playoffs

(8-4) KennedaleW( 55 – 0) – Lost in 2nd

(2-8) Hillsboro W(50 – 0) – DNM Playoffs

(5-5) Venus W(71 – 0) – DNM Playoffs

(0-10) West W(63 – 6) – DNM Playoffs

(6-6) Glen Rose W(37 – 9) – Lost in 2nd

(5-6) Mineral Wells W(69 – 6) – Lost in 1st

(7-5) Wylie W(31 – 0) – Lost in 2nd

(11-2) Seminole W(42 – 7) – Lost in 3rd

(11-3) Henderson W(34 – 13) – Lost in 4th

Combined opponent Win/Loss (87-72)

Opponents W/ Losing Records 4

Opponents W/.500 or Better 10

Opponents Made Playoffs 9

Opponents Missed Playoffs 5

Opponents Still in Playoffs 0

Opponents W/1st Round Loss 2

Opponents W/2nd Round Loss 5

Opponents W/3rd Round Loss 1

Opponents W/4th Round Loss 1

CHAPEL HILL

(3-7) Westwood W(74-23) – DNM Playoffs

(5-6) Whitehouse W(59-49) – Lost in 1st Round

(9-4) Carthage W(21-20) – Lost in 3rd Round

(5-6) Hallsville W(29-22) – Lost in 1st Round

(10-2) Lindale W(51-29) – Lost in 2nd Round

(4-7) Center W(45-17) – Lost in 1st Round

(8-5) Bullard W(50-6) – Lost in 3rd Round

(1-9) Brownsboro W(49-21) – DNM Playoffs

(4-8) Rusk W(51-7) – Lost in 2nd Round

(5-5) Athens W(64-7) – DNM Playoffs

(6-5) Jasper W(70-28) – Lost in 1st Round

(11-1) La Vega W(27-20) – Lost in 2nd Round

(11-2) Navasota W(56-46) – Lost in 3rd Round

(13-1) West Columbia W(21-16) – Lost in 4th Round

Combined opponent Win/Loss (95-68)

Opponents W/ Losing Records 6

Opponents W/.500 or Better 8

Opponents Made Playoffs 11

Opponents Missed Playoffs 3

Opponents Still in Playoffs 0

Opponents W/1st Round Loss 4

Opponents W/2nd Round Loss 3

Opponents W/3rd Round Loss 3

Opponents W/4th Round Loss 1

Look i'm sure Sitton has seen the film and if he thinks there was a lot of holding on the edges he will chat with the refs before the game and tell them too watch for it. That's what all coaches do IF they see a lot going on. He has hudl just like the rest of us do but he may see it different who knows...

If they do hold alot it's not anything our two big boys aren't use to, Moorehead and Wallace get held all the time and most of the time it's never called. I just hope we have some good refs that will let the boys play!!

If they do hold alot it's not anything our two big boys aren't use to, Moorehead and Wallace get held all the time and most of the time it's never called. I just hope we have some good refs that will let the boys play!!

I don't much care if they call alot, or if they let them play out, as long as it's called the same both ways. I don't expect officiating to be an issue in this game though. It's too large of a stage for junk like that.