3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Sulphur Springs

9. Marshall

10. Palestine

I know John Tyler beat Jacksonville in the scrimmage, but I also know that none of the four teams in that scrimmage were at full strength.

• 4 weeks later...

Our Top Eight So Far...

1. Pine Tree (3-0-1)

2. Jacksonville (7-1-2)

3. Kilgore (6-1-3)

4. Palestine (9-3-2)

5. Paris (3-1-2)

6. John Tyler (5-3-1)

7. Sulphur Springs (3-1-3)

8. Lindale (3-2-2)

These records are for the games we could find scores for. If your record isn't correct, or you think your team should have been on the list, tell us we may not have scores for your games.

Our Top Eight So Far...

1. Pine Tree (3-0-1)

2. Jacksonville (7-1-2)

3. Kilgore (6-1-3)

4. Palestine (9-3-2)

5. Paris (3-1-2)

6. John Tyler (5-3-1)

7. Sulphur Springs (3-1-3)

8. Lindale (3-2-2)

These records are for the games we could find scores for. If your record isn't correct, or you think your team should have been on the list, tell us we may not have scores for your games.

Longview is 6-0-6. Ties to Sulphur springs, Lindale, Klein, A&M Consolidated, Kilgore, and Lufkin. Mt.Pleasant needs to be on this list as well.

Jacksonville should be on the list as should Mt.Pleasant. My thoughts

1. Kilgore

2. Mt.Pleasant

3. Pinetree

4. John Tyler

5. Jacksonville

6. Henderson

7. Lindale

8. Palestine

Dont worry bout Longview or Lee since they are in 5a

Lindale beat Jacksonville and drew againist Kilgore. They have 3 losses Lee, Longview and West Mesquite. Hard to justify them being that low.

Boys 4-A

1. Kilgore

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Sulphur Springs

9. Marshall

10. Palestine

I know John Tyler beat Jacksonville in the scrimmage, but I also know that none of the four teams in that scrimmage were at full strength.

Longview must be pretty bad this year to be left off this list!

If you read above the list is for 4A teams, thus no Longview.

The thread did ask for East Texas, not just 4A, but I choose to go with what we will see also.

Longview deinitely would have a place near the top, if not.

Boys 4-A

1. Kilgore

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Palestine

9. Paris

10. Sulphur Springs

Top three could go about any way.

The rest are at the next level, and I really can't make a justification on personal knowledge, just on record and heresay.

Paris did dispatch Pittsburg and Marshall this weekend., 4-0 and 3-1 respectively.

The thread did ask for East Texas, not just 4A, but I choose to go with what we will see also.

Boys 4-A

1. Kilgore

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Palestine

9. Paris

10. Sulphur Springs

The rest are at the next level, and I really can't make a justification on personal knowledge, just on record and heresay.

Paris did dispatch Pittsburg and Marshall this weekend., 3-0 and 3-1 respectively.

I will admit that Paris did do work on Marshall, but if you watched the game there were plenty of opportunities for Marshall to comeback in the second half. To be frank, the scoreline doesn't suggest how intense the match was. Marshall came out hungry in the second half with most of the action occurring on Paris' side of the field. I believe had Marshall just been able to put the ball in the back of the net, we would all be saying a different story. I honestly believe that Marshall isn't getting the credit that they deserve. Scores such as the Paris game, don't completely say how much of a competition the match really was.

I will admit that Paris did do work on Marshall, but if you watched the game there were plenty of opportunities for Marshall to comeback in the second half. To be frank, the scoreline doesn't suggest how intense the match was. Marshall came out hungry in the second half with most of the action occurring on Paris' side of the field. I believe had Marshall just been able to put the ball in the back of the net, we would all be saying a different story. I honestly believe that Marshall isn't getting the credit that they deserve. Scores such as the Paris game, don't completely say how much of a competition the match really was.

In the end, however, you still have to actually put it in the net. You may have a little bias, perhaps, but everyone should see what their team did well.

I did not get to see Marshall play Paris, but I did see all three of Marshall's bracket games. They only managed 2 against (injury ridden) (3A) Pleasant Grove.

They did look sharper against (3A) Atlanta, but the Rabbs were playing on 2 hours rest.

I had predicted the Final would be those 2, I just didn't expect Paris to be the winner overall.

Marshall has come quite a way in the last 5 years.

As for the credit they deserve, I still have to give (3A) Paris the nod, they were the winners.

And to defeat a usually tough (3A) Pittsburg,4-0, weighs in that nod .

I was glad the Hawks got to play Marshall, and would've liked to have seen Paris, we don't see either once district starts.

Both are challenges we enjoy.

FYI Kilgore plays Mount Pleasant Friday at MP. Should be a good match I think both teams have one loss apiece. Kilgore lost to 5a Klein 1-0(preseason espnhs national top 15 team). MP lost to 5a Longview in the finals of the Longview tournament. MP has a 3 game winning steak last losing to Kilgore in the Regional semi finals in 2010.

What were the scores in the Saturday games of the Texarkana Tournament?

Liberty Eylau over Carthage in a shootout.

Tied at 4 to end, then to 9th shooter for LE to win 2-1

THS over PG 4-0

I believe Pittsburg topped Atlanta 3-0, not sure on score.

Paris over Marshall, I think 4-0

Paris is pretty salty this year: 11-1-3. Only loss was to a senior-laden Rockwall team (that's 11-1-2) in the first match of the season. Cats beat district rival Sulphur Springs in SO to win the Kings Classic 2 weeks ago. This is Jeremy Beshirs' 3rd year as head coach, and he's done a remarkable job establishing the program. This year's team is a good mixture of mostly seniors and sophomores with several versatile players he can move around into strategic positions during a match. Plus, they picked up North Lamar's best player as a transfer at midterm to add scoring punch up front.

It should be another battle between Paris and SSHS in District 19-4A. Unfortunately, the district draws the short straw in playoff bracketing facing the North Dallas suburban schools in their regional quarterfinal brackets. With good health and a little luck, this might be the year Paris breaks through the bi-district barrier.

Boys 4-A

1. Kilgore

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Palestine

9. Paris

10. Sulphur Springs

Paris did dispatch Pittsburg and Marshall this weekend., 4-0 and 3-1 respectively.

Athens did beat Lindale and John Tyler but yet y'all show no recognition on the 2 wins? Athens should be at least top 10.

Take it easy Athens2012, Two great wins, no doubt, but if you notice the original poster that you were referring to posted on Feb. 6. Athens defeated those 2 teams on Feb. 7 and Feb. 10, respectively. I'm sure when people revise their top 10, Athens will get serious consideration

Paris is pretty salty this year: 11-1-3. Only loss was to a senior-laden Rockwall team (that's 11-1-2) in the first match of the season. Cats beat district rival Sulphur Springs in SO to win the Kings Classic 2 weeks ago. This is Jeremy Beshirs' 3rd year as head coach, and he's done a remarkable job establishing the program. This year's team is a good mixture of mostly seniors and sophomores with several versatile players he can move around into strategic positions during a match. Plus, they picked up North Lamar's best player as a transfer at midterm to add scoring punch up front.

It should be another battle between Paris and SSHS in District 19-4A. Unfortunately, the district draws the short straw in playoff bracketing facing the North Dallas suburban schools in their regional quarterfinal brackets. With good health and a little luck, this might be the year Paris breaks through the bi-district barrier.

I thought Texas High beat Paris in their first matchup, and Paris beat them in their next two meetings.

THS won a shootout. I'm not an expert on soccer team records, but I believe shootouts only affect overall records once district begins (if it's in the district bylaws) or in the case of a tournament final, at least that's what I've been told. Some coaches will mutually agree to stage a shootout for non-district regulation ties, if the refs agree to stay overtime, as an extra practice session. Anyway, that's how the Paris coach has consistently recorded them.