top ten teams in east texas

ithegreat

THS won a shootout. I'm not an expert on soccer team records, but I believe shootouts only affect overall records once district begins (if it's in the district bylaws) or in the case of a tournament final, at least that's what I've been told. Some coaches will mutually agree to stage a shootout for non-district regulation ties, if the refs agree to stay overtime, as an extra practice session. Anyway, that's how the Paris coach has consistently recorded them.

I believe shootouts are ties no matter what the format happens to be....districts, tournaments or whatever

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Eight (Valentine's Edition)

1. Pine Tree (7-0-2)

2. Paris (10-1-5)

3. Kilgore (7-1-4)

4. Jacksonville (8-2-3)

5. Palestine (11-4-4)

6. Athens (9-5-0)

7. Lindale (7-3-2)

8. John Tyler (7-4-1)

Other notable teams: Sulphur Springs (3-1-3); Henderson (3-1-4); Hallsville (5-4-4); Nacogdoches (3-3-1); Whitehouse (3-3-3); Pittsburg (2-2-3); Mt. Pleasant (5-2-5)

These are the records for the games for which we have been able to find scores. If we don't have your team's record correct, send us the scores of the games you have played and we will correct it.

Top Eight (Valentine's Edition)

1. Pine Tree (7-0-2)

2. Paris (10-1-5)

3. Kilgore (7-1-4)

4. Jacksonville (8-2-3)

5. Palestine (10-4-4)

6. Athens (9-5-0)

7. Lindale (7-3-2)

8. John Tyler (7-4-1)

Other notable teams: Sulphur Springs (3-1-3); Henderson (3-1-4); Hallsville (5-4-4); Nacogdoches (3-3-1); Whitehouse (3-3-3); Pittsburg (2-2-3); Mt. Pleasant (2-2-5)

These are the records for the games for which we have been able to find scores. If we don't have your team's record correct, send us the scores of the games you have played and we will correct it.

Mt. Peasant is 5-2-6.

Wins

Canyon Randle

North Dallas

Tyler Lee

Marshall

North Dallas

Losses

Frisco Wakeland

Longview

Ties

Carrolton Hebron

Mckinney Boyd

Red Oak

Henderson

Sulphur Springs

Kilgore

If you were at either of Athens games vs the Eagles and Lions you might understand the rankings and why they are lower. Athens was outplayed in both contest and came away with wins. The teams play twice for a reason. The 2nd time around will prove where all teams stand.

If you were at either of Athens games vs the Eagles and Lions you might understand the rankings and why they are lower. Athens was outplayed in both contest and came away with wins. The teams play twice for a reason. The 2nd time around will prove where all teams stand.

I heard thet athens was down a man early in the 2nd half and eagles could only score one. maybe you had better control because they were down a man. by the way what happens when you outplay someone in the playoffs but at the end of the game you are down 1-0. do you or the other team advance. win is a win to me.

I heard thet athens was down a man early in the 2nd half and eagles could only score one. maybe you had better control because they were down a man. by the way what happens when you outplay someone in the playoffs but at the end of the game you are down 1-0. do you or the other team advance. win is a win to me.

I have to agree here. Maybe if I were at the game, I would have a goo didea of who played better in most areas of ther game, but the overall feeling about how good a team is is only worth consideration, what really counts in the end, is the record.

Right now, Athens should be liste ahead of teams it has beaten. If those teams win the second games, then I can see them being ranked back ahead.

Someone justify the logic, please.

The thread did ask for East Texas, not just 4A, but I choose to go with what we will see also.

Longview deinitely would have a place near the top, if not.

Boys 4-A

1. Kilgore

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Lindale

4. Pine Tree

5. Nacogdoches

6. Jacksonville

7. John Tyler

8. Palestine

9. Paris

10. Sulphur Springs

Top three could go about any way.

The rest are at the next level, and I really can't make a justification on personal knowledge, just on record and heresay.

Paris did dispatch Pittsburg and Marshall this weekend., 4-0 and 3-1 respectively.

Henderson tied mt pleasant 2-2 in lview tournament..if mt pleasant is 2nd Henderson should be 3rd

Henderson tied mt pleasant 2-2 in lview tournament..if mt pleasant is 2nd Henderson should be 3rd

The Longview Tourney was a month ago and that post he made is almost 2 weeks old. Henderson seems to be stout. Haven't seen them in person but just followed their scores against teams i've seen.

I have seen some of these teams play. As far as district 31 Whitehouse dominated play against Athens and Lindale. WH against JT was pretty even although I give JT the edge based on time of possession. Shots on goal was pretty even. Athens and Lindale had few shots on goal all game while WH had A LOT. I dont have stats handy.

What I am seeing is the top 4 teams in that district are very close and can beat each other any given night. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I beleive JT has the edge.

I have seen Jacksonville, Palestine, Henderson, Pitt and Pine Tree play. Pine Tree is the better team in that group IMO.

All in all, East Texas has great talent and many of these teams are so close that it would be very hard to make a top 10. And soccer is a crazy sport, anything can happen in a game. Football is so much easier to rank teams.

I really don't think you can say WH dominated play against Athens and Lindale when that is not how WH plays at all! They play kickball and hope a shot on goal comes from that. I actually thought the game vs Athens was pretty even play wise and Athens let WH change the way they usually play. It was a great first round though. Round 2 starts tomorrow. It's anyone's title but I will go with my hornets.

I really don't think you can say WH dominated play against Athens and Lindale when that is not how WH plays at all! They play kickball and hope a shot on goal comes from that. I actually thought the game vs Athens was pretty even play wise and Athens let WH change the way they usually play. It was a great first round though. Round 2 starts tomorrow. It's anyone's title but I will go with my hornets.

Kickball? Are you serious? The goals they scored against Athens came from dribbling and passing it through the athens defense into the goal. Whitehouse midfielders dominated the entire game. The only time Athens had the ball on whitehouse side was when they got punts or goal kicks. Their only goal came off a superb free kick from a nonexistent foul. So yes I would say whitehouse dominated Athens in play. Lindale scored a great goal early on and then hung on as whitehouse pounded them for 45 min they just couldn't find the back of the net. Whitehouse will be scary when they start finishing all of their shots