top ten teams in east texas

ithegreat

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all right . Beat whitehouse again last night after a hard fought night and jt beat chapel hill 2-1 . Chapel hill is a new team with the two players that came back their defense has improved and u shall see when u play them . Friday night will show alot when we play . This second round will come down to the wire so good luck to you . Lindale will be up for the challenge for whoever they come into play with

Athens will have a tough game against eagles but they will win like last time.

Regarding if WH dominated Athens or not?.

I'm a true Hornet fan, but let's be honest Queenhornet, Athens got dominated. Yes, the Hornets had some great shots at scoring (including that great goal by Athens, which it was a foul I was sitting in the stands right behind where the foul was committed) but anyways other than that WH just simply outplayed us outsmarted us why?. Because if Athens would of played at the same level or better Athens would of won, it really doesn't matter if the game was tied, Athens played defense practically 80% of the entire game including overtime. WH midfield is the one that created the big plays considering the fact that Athens needs a huge help on midfield there's one reason why Athens couldn't outplay WH. So, IMO if Athens continues to play like that and play defense most of the time yes they might get wins but playing a team like WH or later in the playoffs playing better teams that have outstanding defense, midfield, & offense Athens will not be able to contain.

I would rather win looking ugly then lose looking pretty!!!

All that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the match.

Wow! That's some smack talking! Probably shouldn't be doing that going against a good lindale team.

No smack talking if they come out to play like they are known to play they will have a real good chance of winning all they need is the defense to come show their true skill and Athens will be district champs at the end.

I think every team has good days and bad days except for maybe Kilgore who lost their top "dog" no pun intended and have still stayed on track and carried on like no different. To me what makes a good team is how they face adversity and how they respond after a tough loss. These are HS kids we are talking about so their heads aren't always in it. Thats just the way it is. Smavk talking just comes with the territory. Everyone wants their team to come out on top. I'm definately hoping for a good clean game tomorrow night and of course I will be there rooting my boys on. Let's go hornets!

Go Eagles and Go Hornets.....have to ride the fence on this one.

What would be nice if someone would host a tournament in pre-season and all top teams (3 or 4) from each district in East Texas would attend this tourney. I think that would be awesome to see how that would play out.

Could call it "East Texas Showcase"...just thinking from the top of my head. Maybe I am crazy...don't answer that Lawdog or Ryal!!!

Go Eagles and Go Hornets.....have to ride the middle of the fence on this one.

What would be nice if someone would host a tournament in pre-season and all top teams (3 or 4) from each district in East Texas would attend this tourney. I think that would be awesome to see how that would play out.

Could call it "East Texas Showcase"...just thinking from the top of my head. Maybe I am crazy...don't answer that Lawdog or Ryal!!!

Longview hs basically does that.

LINDALE, PITT, MT PLEASANT, KILGORE, HENDERSON, JOHN TYLER, TYLER LEE, RED OAK, HALLSVILLE,

NEVER EVER HAD JACKSONVILLE ATTEND, WHITEHOUSE CAME COUPLE TIMES, ATHENS AND PALESTINE USED TO COME AS WELL.