E.F. Football 2013

EFCLASSOF89

We won't know if it's a tough schedule until after non district it looks that way on paper, now let's just say if E.F. blows through these teams then you would be saying E.F. had a weak schedule or the teams they beat are down this year that's what most people would say, btw whats Arp's schedule look like?

No if EF blew thru that schedule they would get props from me. Thats some god teams.I have no clue what Arp's schedule looks like yet. Once its all set after the districts are set I will talk to Irwin and let you know. But the rumors are for now Troup,Pewitt,EF,Bullard so far and possibly Tatum. 4 of them are going to be hard teams to beat. Pewitt will be rebuilding in 2012 I suspect.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No if EF blew thru that schedule they would get props from me. Thats some god teams.I have no clue what Arp's schedule looks like yet. Once its all set after the districts are set I will talk to Irwin and let you know. But the rumors are for now Troup,Pewitt,EF,Bullard so far and possibly Tatum. 4 of them are going to be hard teams to beat. Pewitt will be rebuilding in 2012 I suspect.

Thanks for the info. man thats no cake walk either!

Thanks for the info. man thats no cake walk either!

If we play that schedule and there is nothing in stone just rumored, here is my thoughts.

Arp could be 3-2 or 2-3 it would not surprise me and at best 4-1, if we go 5-0 we won't lose a game all year. Bullard is going to be very tough this coming season and I would be shocked if we beat them or came close to beating them. EF and Troup both are bringing back some major players and should be as good as we are so No blow outs there, all 3 teams beat up each other I think and that's assuming Arp and EF are not in district together. Tatum is Tatum and as close to being a Daingerfield as it gets. Always good. Pewitt will once again show they are a 2A football power house and be better than everyone thinks even in a rebuilding year.

If we play that schedule and there is nothing in stone just rumored, here is my thoughts.

Arp could be 3-2 or 2-3 it would not surprise me and at best 4-1, if we go 5-0 we won't lose a game all year. Bullard is going to be very tough this coming season and I would be shocked if we beat them or came close to beating them. EF and Troup both are bringing back some major players and should be as good as we are so No blow outs there, all 3 teams beat up each other I think and that's assuming Arp and EF are not in district together. Tatum is Tatum and as close to being a Daingerfield as it gets. Always good. Pewitt will once again show they are a 2A football power house and be better than everyone thinks even in a rebuilding year.

Good post, come on Feb.2. lol.

Week 0 Corrigan - CamdenWeek 1. JeffersonWeek 2 ArpWeek 3. ByeWeek 4. New DianaWeek 5. Garrison

Looking at this schedule EF could go 3-2 to 4-1. I don't think 5-0 ( because Arp is winning state according to jj. haha) Not sure what C-C has coming back. Should get a win against Jefferson and Diana looking at common opponents. Arp & Garrison both losing a lot of seniors. so we could squeeze out a win or two here. This looks to be a great pre-district schedule with 3 play-off teams from 2011.

Looking at this schedule EF could go 3-2 to 4-1. I don't think 5-0 ( because Arp is winning state according to jj. haha) Not sure what C-C has coming back. Should get a win against Jefferson and Diana looking at common opponents. Arp & Garrison both losing a lot of seniors. so we could squeeze out a win or two here. This looks to be a great pre-district schedule with 3 play-off teams from 2011.

Might wanna rethink Jefferson(Not saying EF can't beat them). They should be pretty stout next season. They will be super fast too. Passing game as been their weakness. Athletes and talent is there and if the puzzle is put together right then look out.

I think you will be playing Arp and New Diana in District so EF may have to find one or two more teams for pre district

I think you will be playing Arp and New Diana in District so EF may have to find one or two more teams for pre district

There may also be 6 district games this year.

Might wanna rethink Jefferson(Not saying EF can't beat them). They should be pretty stout next season. They will be super fast too. Passing game as been their weakness. Athletes and talent is there and if the puzzle is put together right then look out.

+1

This will be Bennet 2nd year I hope he put the puzzle together. I really hope our passing game is a better.

FS of coarse this is all speculation. Jefferson is losing about 10 seniors, EF is losing 1, can't help but think they are losing some playmakers from a 5-6 team. Our returning seniors in 2012 will have 3 years starting varsity experience due to a lack of upperclassmen to play ahead of them. If you look at common opponents on paper EF should get a win. EF beat Harmony 14-13, New Diana 30-10, White Oak 31-21. Jefferson lost to Harmony 41-6, and beat WO 35-30, and ND 35-31. We all know anything can happen in a football game, looking at the numbers it is reasonable to think that EF can win against Jefferson. Even if they get their there passing game going, we have a pretty good secondary. I am not putting Jefferson down in any way, heck, we went from 4-6 in 2010 to 8-3 in 2011 I have friends in Jefferson and EF has been playing baseball and football for years with kids from there.

There may also be 6 district games this year.

Well if we don't end up in district with Waskom that will be one pre-district game, we got to play Waskom. lol.

You might want to re look at Arp 2011 roster and 2012 roster. We only had 12 sr's total. Thats about half what we normally have from year to year. Arp started several soph's and jr's and a couple of freshman stepped up as the year went on. Arp will have the one of the best groups of Rb's in the state 1A-5A. Big jr 6'2 215 lb John Hawkins, Sr Mike Potts, Soph. M.Johnson and Andre Summers who missed 9 games in 2011.

You might want to re look at Arp 2011 roster and 2012 roster. We only had 12 sr's total. Thats about half what we normally have from year to year. Arp started several soph's and jr's and a couple of freshman stepped up as the year went on. Arp will have the one of the best groups of Rb's in the state 1A-5A. Big jr 6'2 215 lb John Hawkins, Sr Mike Potts, Soph. M.Johnson and Andre Summers who missed 9 games in 2011.

If you normally lose 24 sr's a year that means you would average having about 96 players in your high school football program. Does Arp average 96 players, wow! We don't average near that many in our program. What really counts is how many of those 12 seniors were starters? Sounds like ya'll will have a great backfield, really hope we get a chance to go at it, should be a good match up. lol.

If you normally lose 24 sr's a year that means you would average having about 96 players in your high school football program. Does Arp average 96 players, wow! We don't average near that many in our program. What really counts is how many of those 12 seniors were starters? Sounds like ya'll will have a great backfield, really hope we get a chance to go at it, should be a good match up. lol.

avg is around 80-90 yearly. (65 to 75 ocassionally) Normally you see about 40 on our Varsity roster and 40+ on JV. We have broke up into 3 teams when playing 3A schools in the past against teams like Van,Chapel Hill, Westwood and Center. Here is something you might not know about the Arp program. Our coaches are very loyal to our sr's. They see to it that all sr's play and play alot. I have seen cases were we have had better underclassman and the sr's get first crack at it. Now that don't mean Irwin won't play underclassman cause he will. But you can count on it he depends on his sr's to lead us yearly. It how our program works. Do you remember the last time we played you guys? we had a team full of sr's then too. The next year we lost several all state players, Cody Welch, Sed Johnson, Will Allen, Talifaro, Lydia, and more. The very next season with a Completely new group of players we went to the qtr finals again only to get beat by state finalist Kirbyville in the last few secs of the game much like the way you guys beat us. 5 out of the last 6 years Arp has played in the state qtr final. You don't do that unless you have a great sr lead program every year. Now, I do agree we will have our hands full with EF. EF has always played us tough. even when they were down...

I'm just going to go on and say it EF going to kick it this year that's a fact I can't wait into high school football kick off again the thing that got me fired up is a lot of teams that beat EF last season that I no EF should have beat went three to four rounds deep in to the playoffs all these teams have loss lots of players we only loss one if they Gail together look out Jerry's world cause a swarm of yellow jackets headed your way

I'm just going to go on and say it EF going to kick it this year that's a fact I can't wait into high school football kick off again the thing that got me fired up is a lot of teams that beat EF last season that I no EF should have beat went three to four rounds deep in to the playoffs all these teams have loss lots of players we only loss one if they Gail together look out Jerry's world cause a swarm of yellow jackets headed your way

Rock, of the three teams that beat EF: Linden-Kildare did'nt go to the playoffs, Hughes Springs went to the third round losing to Mildred, and Cooper went to the second round losing to Gunter. Losing only one senior and having several others moving up next year should help give us more depth in players. It would be fantastic to make it to Jerry's world next year.

Rock, of the three teams that beat EF: Linden-Kildare did'nt go to the playoffs, Hughes Springs went to the third round losing to Mildred, and Cooper went to the second round losing to Gunter. Losing only one senior and having several others moving up next year should help give us more depth in players. It would be fantastic to make it to Jerry's world next year.:)

Let's not get to ahead of youself just keep it in 2A!

Not that it really means anything but I bet EF will be ranked in the top 25 pre-season. That would be a nice moral booster for the boys.

Definitely! Ya'll had a good team this year, with almost everybody returning.

Just wish we had a chance for a rematch. Lol

I have no problem with a rematch, but I don't make the calls. lol. Are you positive we won't play agian this year? Realignment not coming out yet, I would think there is still a chance, unless you know more about it.

Was just looking at a rooster, looks like ya'll are losing about 12 seniors. We are only losing one, might not be a good year for a rematch.lol. Next year, we will have about that many seniors.