Coach Ken Little passes away

po-coach

Ken Little, the longtime high school football coach in East Texas has passed away after his long battle against prostate cancer.

Coach Little has been a staple of East Texas football for many years, including stops most recently at Henderson, along with Rains, Gladewater, Beckville, Big Sandy, Mineral Wells and others.

In my 31-years of covering high school athletics, Ken Little is one of the greatest gentleman in the coaching profession. I never heard a single bad word said about him, he was a fighter and he will be missed.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to this wife, Michele, and the entire family.

Greggton Baptist Church

4520 West Marshall Avenue (Highway 80)

Longview, Texas

Visitation, Thursday, 6:00pm-8:00pm

Funeral is Friday, 11:00am, Graveside in Gladewater.

David Smoak

Prayers from here for coach Little's family. His wife lost a granmother just yesterday-pray for her in this difficult time.

Ken and Jack Murphy are in heaven together today...reliving some good times at Gladewater.Two great men and coaches.

RIP Ken Little, A Coach who coached more than his kids he would coach any one in need and anyone with promise, this man had chacter. This was a great person of those who meet him are blessed. HE never meet a stranger and was truly congenial and never left a hand wanting. He will be missed by all. God truly has a great person new in his Kingdom. I'm truly glad to have meet this man. My prayers are with his family.

RIP Coach Little, you were my coach, teacher, but most importantly you were my friend. Thanks for all that you have done for me and the way you have been a positive influence on my life. As you know, I'm a coach and science teacher now and I can only hope to be half as good as you were. As we have discussed before it’s not all about wins or loses on the fields or state championships (glad you finally got one), it’s about having a positive impact in the lives of others. You had a very large impact on my life; I would not be where I'm at if not for you. Thanks and my God comfort you family at this time.

Very true Coach Langley, I can only imagine the conversation that is going on right now, I guarantee it includes "run the dive". Ken was one of the hardest working coaches I have ever been around, he had a motor that never ran out of gas. My prayers go out to his family and he will be missed by many. RIP Ken

I spent about 15 minutes with Coach Little after Henderson beat Chapel Hill in 2010. Without a doubt, it was the hardest interview I ever had in my newspaper career. Talking to a man who was dying, but yet so happy, was gut-wrenching. Coach Little truly changed my life that day.

Rest in peace, coach. You were one of the best.

Coach Ken Little was a coach at Mineral Wells High School in the years of 1976 &1977. He was with out a doubt the finest man in coaching that I ever met. We learned of his passing today, or many of us would have attended his funeral.

We will miss you dearly Coach Little.

I spent about 15 minutes with Coach Little after Henderson beat Chapel Hill in 2010. Without a doubt, it was the hardest interview I ever had in my newspaper career. Talking to a man who was dying, but yet so happy, was gut-wrenching. Coach Little truly changed my life that day.

Rest in peace, coach. You were one of the best.

Good stuff Chase. He didn't just touch the players lives, but media, other coaches, everyone.

Smoaky

Ken Little I owe you my career. I thought I knew football and defense until I met and had the esteemed Pleasure of working with Coach Little in Rains. He taught me more in the two years than anywhere I had ever been. We went to the playoffs three years with a no talent school that had only been to the playoffs four times in sixty years. He was a genius and a scholar. I love Ken Little and I will miss my friend. I was thInking of quitting coaching he showed me I have so much more to give.

One of the most uplifting and emotional funerals I have ever been to. Laughed and cried at all the stories told by the different speakers. Ken was truelly a great coach and a better man. He will be greatly missed. As one the speakers said, God broke the mold after he made Ken Little.