Saints vs 49ers

New Orleans vs San Francisco  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Saints
    • 49ers

Word to the wise. You can not put all your money in one basket. We will see how this all unfolds when all the contracts are done for New Orleans. Dallas has done this in the past. I believe they are still finishing paying off some of it.

Here is the reality of it, see Peyton Manning. signing brees to that kind of deal will leave the Saints good, but may kill any chance of a SB. Benson has no choice though. You let Brees go, you lose all respect of the fans and players of the Saints.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who has better stats?????

Bobby, but he had help from Wade Phillips who was a referee in the movie... I think it would have been really funny if Burt Reynolds would have portrayed his dad. I like Kathy Bates since she's an SMU alum, but she's not a looker, and that may have scared Burt off...

Word to the wise. You can not put all your money in one basket. We will see how this all unfolds when all the contracts are done for New Orleans. Dallas has done this in the past. I believe they are still finishing paying off some of it.

And don't talk to Saint fans about mountains and mole hills buckeye. You don't have to look far on how bad ownership can mess up a good thing.

For what Brees is being paid, he better have better stats. But again, despite the stats and despite the large amount of money that Brees is being paid over Romo, Romo is still right there, close in just about every category. You know, since you wanted to mention stats.

Even with the restructuring of Tony's contract, he signed a bigger deal of 67.4 million for 6 years vs. 6 years for 60 million that Brees signed. I realize all that changes this off-season with Brees, but he wants to stay in New Orleans. I expect him to sign for around $15 million a year.

For those of you who seem to be so "concerned" with the Saints payroll and offseason spending.....Brees is not that concerned.

Ya'll can stop sweating it....it's going to be ok.

Who's sweating it? The key is to get the free-agents signed you want to keep and still be able to sign draft choices. It's just another year of gambling who to pay. I say go all in on Brees and we can have more outrageous scoring games where the Saints can lose 45-44. Since they might not be able to pay their defense.rolleyes.gif

Even with the restructuring of Tony's contract, he signed a bigger deal of 67.4 million for 6 years vs. 6 years for 60 million that Brees signed. I realize all that changes this off-season with Brees, but he wants to stay in New Orleans. I expect him to sign for around $15 million a year.

$15 million a year? not hardly. If that was the case, the Saints never would have allowed the Brees contract to run out. They simply would have given him a contract extention for that....

No, 20 to 25 million a year (Peyton Manning) money is what Brees is looking for. The Saints got him dirt cheap and he's led them to a super bowl and two trips to the NFC Championship game. It's now time to pay him because frankly, if the Saints don't, someone else will.

Sorry, but that is the cold hard fact and nothing will change it. Sure, he may want to stay in New Orleans, but so did Joe Horn, Pat Swilling, Dalton Hilliard, Morten Anderson, etc, etc.

For those of you who seem to be so "concerned" with the Saints payroll and offseason spending.....Brees is not that concerned.

Ya'll can stop sweating it....it's going to be ok.

Of course he isn't concerned, if the Saints won't pay him 20 to 25 million a year, someone else will. If he's allowed to test the free agent market, he's as good as gone. But you keep thinking that Brees will stay in New Orleans no matter what, remember now, his first choice was Miami when he finally chose the Saints. He came cheap the first time, he won't this time.

$15 million a year? not hardly. If that was the case, the Saints never would have allowed the Brees contract to run out. They simply would have given him a contract extention for that....

No, 20 to 25 million a year (Peyton Manning) money is what Brees is looking for. The Saints got him dirt cheap and he's led them to a super bowl and two trips to the NFC Championship game. It's now time to pay him because frankly, if the Saints don't, someone else will.

Sorry, but that is the cold hard fact and nothing will change it. Sure, he may want to stay in New Orleans, but so did Joe Horn, Pat Swilling, Dalton Hilliard, Morten Anderson, etc, etc.

I've about four stories on Brees and his contract. I don't think he's going to try to break the bank. He feels at home in New Orleans, and he's the class kind of guy to not demand Manning type money.

I've about four stories on Brees and his contract. I don't think he's going to try to break the bank. He feels at home in New Orleans, and he's the class kind of guy to not demand Manning type money.

He will get Manning/Brady money. The dude is not greedy, but he deserves a contract similar to those.

The only thing humorous is how big you are making something that happens to virtually every team in the NFL.

My momma said that he only tries to find trouble with the Saints to get his mind off of all of the trouble that Dallas is actually in right now. My momma also said that 8-8 is absolutely pitiful.