Saints vs 49ers

New Orleans vs San Francisco  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Saints
    • 49ers

If you have that much time on your hands then have at it "cyber guru". If it makes you feel better then why not. Its a sad day for Cowboys fans when they have to find faults in 14-4 playoff teams just to ease their pain a little bit.<---You mean like you have when Dallas finished 11-5 and 13-3 as playoff teams? There is that ole double standard again.

Just for the record, nothing you have ever said on here has had enough value to search threads for. How's Tony been enjoying his offseason these past 2 week?<---Probably the same way that Drew will be enjoying his from this week on.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knock on Romo is he can't win the "big" game.<---The playoff win against the Eagles in 2009 wasn't a big game? Brees has a ring unlike Romo if it was 2 yrs ago or ten yrs ago the point is he still has one.<---So does Trent Dilfer but I doubt we'll be seing ole Trent in the Hall of Fame.

Me as a Notre Dame fan am use to the Irish falling short. I'm a fan of them regardless but when they lose I don't even get upset anymore. I think that's where your at with the Cowboys also. It's ok to admit it. :) I did with my ND team.

Go Irish!!!!

Not at all. I do get upset when they lose. Nothing wrong about admitting that.

2 years isn't quite as long as 20. Why can't you see that you are making yourself look like a fool? Let it go man. The Saints had a "pretty good" year. The Cowboys stunk it up......AGAIN. There's always next year man. That's what I tell myself after LSU and NO losing this week. We'll be back. You should just let the pathetic season go and bounce back next year. It's really not worth talking about anymore. Brees and NO has proven that they are better than Romo and Dallas over the past few year. That's all there it too it. Get over it fella.

Wait, I'm making myself look like a fool? how? The fact that the Saints had a pretty good year at 14-4 and won a playoff game before being bounced is alright, but Dallas going 13-4 in 2009 and winning a playoff game before getting bounced is pathetic. Yes, Dallas stunk it up this year in finishing 8-8 after going 6-10 last season...but I call that an improvement with having Jason Garrett as the HC for an entire season and a new DC.

You Saints fans wanted to use "injuries" as an excuse for the first round loss last season to Seattle, but want to completely ignore the fact that Dallas had to deal with it for an entire season. Yes, there is always next year and we will improve beyond 8-8. But now New Orleans has to worry about paying the salaries of their free agents and keeping that team together.

I'm happy that the Saints are "finally" enjoying a few good seasons, cherish them. But one Super Bowl victory does not make a dynasty. Five Super Bowl victories, eight Super Bowl appearances spanning the 1970's to the 1990's however does. The fact that you hate Dallas and find yourself consumed with loving a few down years for the Boys is alright by me because as we all know, it won't last for long. I've endured the 1-15 seasons just as I've cherished the three championship wins in the 90's.

Yes, Brees and New Orleans had a better couple of seasons than Dallas, no one is arguing the obvious. But to say that they are better is arguable. Romo missed alot of games due to injuries and it showed in the team's performance. Dallas also had a new DC to come in, which limited the work because of the lock out. I sure hope that you guys never have to find out how good New Orleans is without Brees, because we all saw what happened to the Colts this season.

With a healthy Romo at QB, a full off season with DC Ryan, and the main part of the Cowboys in tact to start next season, I say that will be a indication of where this team can be at the end of the 2012 season. History dictates that Dallas will be back to the big game, when that happens is anybody's guess, but history dictates that it will happen. Will it be next season? maybe. But think about this Bayou, New Orleans doesn't have a real good track record when it comes to Quarterbacks and whatever New Orleans ends up paying Brees, it will be his final contract, which means that the Saints will have to try their luck once again....

I guess what I'm trying to say is enjoy that 2009 Super Bowl victory because frankly, after these past two seasons of playoff bounces, you may not sniff another one for quite a long time there fella.

Wait, I'm making myself look like a fool? how? The fact that the Saints had a pretty good year at 14-4 and won a playoff game before being bounced is alright, but Dallas going 13-4 in 2009 and winning a playoff game before getting bounced is pathetic. Yes, Dallas stunk it up this year in finishing 8-8 after going 6-10 last season...but I call that an improvement with having Jason Garrett as the HC for an entire season and a new DC.

That is all they've done in 20 years.

You Saints fans wanted to use "injuries" as an excuse for the first round loss last season to Seattle, but want to completely ignore the fact that Dallas had to deal with it for an entire season. Yes, there is always next year and we will improve beyond 8-8. But now New Orleans has to worry about paying the salaries of their free agents and keeping that team together.

Quote me on using injuries as an excuse for NO. You won't find it.

I'm happy that the Saints are "finally" enjoying a few good seasons, cherish them. But one Super Bowl victory does not make a dynasty. Five Super Bowl victories, eight Super Bowl appearances spanning the 1970's to the 1990's however does. The fact that you hate Dallas and find yourself consumed with loving a few down years for the Boys is alright by me because as we all know, it won't last for long. I've endured the 1-15 seasons just as I've cherished the three championship wins in the 90's.

Is 20 years a long time???? Its 2/3rd of my life.

Yes, Brees and New Orleans had a better couple of seasons than Dallas, no one is arguing the obvious. But to say that they are better is arguable. Romo missed alot of games due to injuries and it showed in the team's performance. Dallas also had a new DC to come in, which limited the work because of the lock out. I sure hope that you guys never have to find out how good New Orleans is without Brees, because we all saw what happened to the Colts this season.

We found out last year that Dallas was better without Romo.

With a healthy Romo at QB, a full off season with DC Ryan, and the main part of the Cowboys in tact to start next season, I say that will be a indication of where this team can be at the end of the 2012 season. History dictates that Dallas will be back to the big game, when that happens is anybody's guess, but history dictates that it will happen. Will it be next season? maybe. But think about this Bayou, New Orleans doesn't have a real good track record when it comes to Quarterbacks and whatever New Orleans ends up paying Brees, it will be his final contract, which means that the Saints will have to try their luck once again....

Jerry Jones knows a thing or two about paying a QB that can't perform in the big game doesn't he?

I guess what I'm trying to say is enjoy that 2009 Super Bowl victory because frankly, after these past two seasons of playoff bounces, you may not sniff another one for quite a long time there fella.

You mean like for 20 years???

"We found out last year that Dallas was better without Romo."

No we did not. We found out that the team responded to Garrett and had an improvement over the first part of the season. It does not reflect on Romo. His team would have responded even better with Tony in there with Garrett coaching.

<br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: tahoma; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">

"Jerry Jones knows a thing or two about paying a QB that can't perform in the big game doesn't he?"

History shows Tony does perform well in big games and in the 4th quarter. It has been gone over before. Refusing to acknowledge it does not make your opinion true.

<br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: tahoma; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">

This season Dallas was expected by most to have an average season. With all the new players and coaching and lack of time implementing new system and coaching philosophies and understanding what your players can do is a big task without much of a training camp. Dallas was in more of a re-building year when it was all said and done.

Brees and the offense choked early in this game you know it.

Brees didn't have a great game. The Saints dropped the ball in the first half....literally. BUT.....at least we got to watch our team play this week.

Is this the same person that bashed the cowboys for their messes ups in the playoffs. If i can tell, they have the same results that the Boys had. We lost to Seattle with Romo mis hold, then lost the Div. playoff by the giants.

Maybe yall can use the same excuse as Coach Phillips did........ "We were one game better than last year"........

How can you be better than last year and still be 0-1 in playoffs each year, Im sure yall coach won't say something that dumb.

If yall so costom to winning- why would you say at least we got to watch our team play this week.

Wow talk trash about the Cowboys all year and this is what you say about the "we have done so much saints"...................:blink:

"We found out last year that Dallas was better without Romo."

No we did not. We found out that the team responded to Garrett and had an improvement over the first part of the season. It does not reflect on Romo. His team would have responded even better with Tony in there with Garrett coaching.

"Jerry Jones knows a thing or two about paying a QB that can't perform in the big game doesn't he?"

History shows Tony does perform well in big games and in the 4th quarter. It has been gone over before. Refusing to acknowledge it does not make your opinion true.

This season Dallas was expected by most to have an average season. With all the new players and coaching and lack of time implementing new system and coaching philosophies and understanding what your players can do is a big task without much of a training camp. Dallas was in more of a re-building year when it was all said and done.

Brees and the offense choked early in this game you know it.

The Saints played bad, that's a fact. Few teams would have still been in this game. The 49'ers played well and deserve the chance to continue. I believe if both teams had of played well the Saints would have won. It did'nt happen that way so MY Saints are out, and should be out!

Is this the same person that bashed the cowboys for their messes ups in the playoffs. If i can tell, they have the same results that the Boys had. We lost to Seattle with Romo mis hold, then lost the Div. playoff by the giants.

Maybe yall can use the same excuse as Coach Phillips did........ "We were one game better than last year"........

How can you be better than last year and still be 0-1 in playoffs each year, Im sure yall coach won't say something that dumb.

If yall so costom to winning- why would you say at least we got to watch our team play this week.

Wow talk trash about the Cowboys all year and this is what you say about the "we have done so much saints"...................:blink:

We won the division, won our Wild Card game, got beat by the team that played a better game on that day. Again, watching the Saints lose in the playoffs is better than not watching them at all.

So you are comparing our 1 PLAYOFF (insert Jim Mora voice here) loss to your 8 REGULAR SEASON losses? And you take satisfaction of not making the playoffs so you did not have to lose again? Was this season that painful for you that you would rather not make the playoffs and hope the Saints make it so you can come back and ramble some of the most idiotic stuff I have seen in my SDC career?

sean.png

The point is that you and BB have been bashing the Cowboys not winning the last 16 years and that the Saints were all this and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the saints have just exp. the same thing in the playoffs as we had in 06 and 07-

so all the stuff and trash yall talk about the cowboys- back at yall...

New Orleans won almost TWICE as many games as Dallas. For the life of me I can't figure out why a Dallas fan is TRYING to talk trash.

THE POINT IS THAT YALL talked trash on the cowboy sites ALL season and said how much the saints know about winning and the cowboys don't know anything about it.........

Yall have lost in the playoffs just like the cowboys have 96,98,99,03,06,07,09 years.....

So talking trash about the boys all year and then losing in the playoffs..........you knew it was coming.......but 14-4 is better than 8-8, but if you are a true Saint fan 14-4 is just as bad as 8-8- yall were the best team (even better than green bay) and now that green bay lost?????????????

boy yall really let one slip by this year..........................................OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is that you and BB have been bashing the Cowboys not winning the last 16 years and that the Saints were all this and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the saints have just exp. the same thing in the playoffs as we had in 06 and 07-

so all the stuff and trash yall talk about the cowboys- back at yall...

You really don't know what you are talking about do you? Again, ME AND BAYOUBENGAL HAVE NO RELATION TO ONE ANOTHER. I don't care about the last 50 years. I care about the recent past and the present. And the fact is the past 2 years, your Cowboys have not made the playoffs. I am a Cowboy hater, but I have given them credit when it was deserved. I dislike Romo. You guys argued that he was better than Brees, despite numerous facts that pointed otherwise. You guys claimed the East was tougher than the South. That is why you only 1 team got in the playoffs right? And they had to do it in the final game of the season when it mattered most. Sorry, but that's the reality of it.

So "back at y'all"? <<< STUPID >>> I take some satisfaction that my team played well enough to win their division and despite not having their best performance against the 49ers, the fight never stopped in the Saints. We saw the fight die in the Cowboys the final 2 games of the season. That's back at you.

THE POINT IS THAT YALL talked trash on the cowboy sites ALL season and said how much the saints know about winning and the cowboys don't know anything about it.........

Yall have lost in the playoffs just like the cowboys have 96,98,99,03,06,07,09 years.....

So talking trash about the boys all year and then losing in the playoffs..........you knew it was coming.......but 14-4 is better than 8-8, but if you are a true Saint fan 14-4 is just as bad as 8-8- yall were the best team (even better than green bay) and now that green bay lost?????????????

boy yall really let one slip by this year..........................................OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you referring to "y'all" as all Saints fans or just the 2-3 Saints fans on SDC?

Noone here said the Saints were better than the Packers, but we all believed the Saints were playing better than any of the teams in the playoffs coming into them.

This is an NFL forum....not a "cowboys" forum. EIGHT AND EIGHT BABY!!!! Just like I predicted in August.

Are you referring to "y'all" as all Saints fans or just the 2-3 Saints fans on SDC?

Noone here said the Saints were better than the Packers, but we all believed the Saints were playing better than any of the teams in the playoffs coming into them.

The two fans on here.

I was the one saying the saints were better. Yall should have won the super bowl this year. \

After winnnig ONE super bowl, just getting in the playoffs are not good enough.

The two fans on here.

I was the one saying the saints were better. Yall should have won the super bowl this year. \

After winnnig ONE super bowl, just getting in the playoffs are not good enough.

That ONE SuperBowl is still fresh in my memory while your last one is nothing but an afterthought. Maybe we should have won the SuperBowl this year, but to say a 3 loss San Fran team is not a worthy loss is a bit of a stretch.

That ONE SuperBowl is still fresh in my memory while your last one is nothing but an afterthought. Maybe we should have won the SuperBowl this year, but to say a 3 loss San Fran team is not a worthy loss is a bit of a stretch.

One superbowl win is still fresh........?????...

well i will still take those 3 superbowl wins in the 90's and be called the team of the 90's than yall's ONE win. What can yall be called-

team of the what???????.................. wishing we had half of the memories and trophies the Cowboys have.

Its building isn't it? The cowboys tradition is dying. It's pretty much already dead.

Its building?? The Saints and you will be saying for a long time that "we should have a championship that year"

Cowboy tradition dying. You are on a roll. Some Cowboy player must not have signed a autograph for you as a child and you went home crying... I hate those Cowboys!:angry:

It looks to me that N. O. is all about stats too. All the great offensive numbers and falter in the playoffs. They are just not a seasoned team. N. O. had one good year that had a Super Bowl. Slow down ..... there is no Dynasty there. You want credit for playing San Fran. close? When (you say) most teams would have quit. With some of the skill players you have maybe there should have been at least another Super Bowl appearance. Why would they fail. You get killed by Seattle (a team in the playoffs with a losing record) in your last playoff and then an abrupt early exit this year.

People have said all year that San Fran. was a good team. They even looked good when Dallas beat them this year. I don't want to bust your bubble much. I guess you will have to watch the games other teams are playing now.