16AAA Basketball

cowboy1

I have no idea where the SH fans were when all of this is going on...I was there, middle court. The large contingent of the unruley must have been in the "Back Court"...I neither saw or heard anything out of line. I called my bud that was with me & asked him about it...he agrees...either the SH fans have their games confused or were doing mind altering stuff. As far as the ref hitting the ground...it occured under the basket with several from both teams...he was slow, got in the way & was bumped. It was so bad that the other refs did not blow the whistle for awhile...only after they realized he had not gotten up. The Panthers are having a rough time adjusting to Gilmer taking the "W" in somthing besides football. Get a grip SH.

Please don't take the comments and opinions of one person (panther89) as representing "all" of Spring Hill.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this thread isn't for girls basketball, but it seems to me like Pitt would be the district favorite at just about the midway point of 16-3a girls competition. Spring Hill, Gilmer and Carthage were all 3-2 going into last night. I know Gilmer won and Spring Hill lost, just don't know how Carthage did against winless Gladewater.

It could be that 2 teams (Gilmer and Carthage) are 4-2 and tied for 2nd/3rd and S. Hill is 3-3 with 4 games left. Pretty good race going on.

I would think so! Spring Hill have always been sorry at football.

Ummm, no we haven't! Get your facts straight BearPride. SH has had some down periods, but we have also had some very good moments in our school's history. Yes, here lately, we have struggled, but that is about to come to an end. We have some great athletes coming back and some awsome kids moving up from a pretty good Junior Varsity team. I don't know how the realignment is gonna shape up, and where they are gonna put SH, but I will assure you that our record in 2012 will improve. Whoever asked the question if SH has more people at their basketball games than they do their football games needs to put the crack pipe up, seriously.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but once again, not every fan from Gilmer was acting like idiots, just the large group I referred to earlier. I understand that passion is apart of the game, but on the SH side of the stands, this group was saying things that I felt was inappropriate, and quite frankly, sounded thuggish. The fact that they were sitting on the SH side of the stands should say something, especially since there was plenty of space available on the Gilmer side.

They were probably Gladewater incognito...everyone loves to hate Gilmer & will go out of their way to get us in trouble.

I for one am not looking to get Gilmer into trouble, because believe me, they do a good enogh job doing that on their own!

Panther 89 you must be a young one because you have been hung up on the same thing for days. Take in some fresh air and enjoy the world, time passes too quick to be mad about something for long. Heck how about this beautiful weather we are having.

Panther 89 you must be a young one because you have been hung up on the same thing for days. Take in some fresh air and enjoy the world, time passes too quick to be mad about something for long. Heck how about this beautiful weather we are having.

I wish I was young again! lol I'm in my 40's, but my body thinks it's in the 50's! And you're right, I have been hung up on Gilmer for a long time, haven't I? I will make a pledge that I will not say anything negative about Gilmer anymore, and you have my word on that! I hope you have a great Sunday and root for the Giants in the Super Bowl!

SH Lady Panthers lose a heartbreaker to Gilmer in a close game tonight! I was at the game, and one of their players (#44) looked like a linebacker for the Buckeye football team. I was also beginning to get very upset with the Gilmer fans that were jumping up and down, hooping and hollering, yelling and screaming, everytime a Lady Buckeye got within 2 feet of the rim, and then would clap with thunderous applause whenever a Lady Panther was thrown to the ground trying to go after a loose ball. Now you wonder why everyone hates Gilmer!

No it's no wonder everyone hates Panther89 "The Whiner"....