Doomer

Wat iz you'r opiniun?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Golf iz or iznt a sport

• Golf iz a sport
    • Golf aint no sport
    • Golf is almost a sport but has no pass rush
    • Golf aint even close to a sport

Hemingway stated that there are only 3 real sports; bull fighting, motor racing, and mountain climbing - and not the kind of bull fighting Shorty Gorham does [yep that's his name...get it? a bull fighter named "Gorham" LOL] ---- the rest are merely children's games played by adults. Man VS Beast[bullfighting]; Man VS Machine[motor racing]; Man VS Nature [mountain climbing] are the criteria for a sport ergo golf is NOT a sport...no bats, gloves, clubs, rackets, nets, goal posts, umpires, line judges, referees or score keepers required.

Iditorod is a reel mans sport to. Them cats iz tuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think a game haz to have defence to be considerdt a sport. Fore instence basketball, basebal, football , all haz defence. Bowlin,lawndardtz, golf.no defence. Golfs not a sport itz a game.

It's payneful when he has to gouge it out wif his 7 iorn without breaking hiz shaft

anuthur gud defancive golf move is to kick yer buddys ball in the bushes gefore he finds it

theze are two pruf positives and tru stories if how golf is a dafinately a sport and how good defance can help you whip yer buddy on the scorecarde

tru storie :P

It's payneful when he has to gouge it out wif his 7 iorn without breaking hiz shaft

anuthur gud defancive golf move is to kick yer buddys ball in the bushes gefore he finds it

theze are two pruf positives and tru stories if how golf is a dafinately a sport and how good defance can help you whip yer buddy on the scorecarde

Kick it in the bushes? Are win in junior high? When I am helping my friends find their ball, if I find it first, it goes in my pocket. In basketball that is called a steal...

;')< handlin shafts, kikkin balls , peeples bushes? Hope yer reddy for some warnin points. Good'un Kirt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Golf is the greatest game ever!! And yes, to be able to play competitively, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It is definitely a sport!!!!

Maybe for you but I caint get the dagum ball to go were I want it. Think i'd rather go frogging. Yall can have that sport and good luck to ya.

Maybe for you but I caint get the dagum ball to go were I want it. Think i'd rather go frogging. Yall can have that sport and good luck to ya.

LOL, I was a much better golfer when I was a whole lot younger!!! Can't hit the ball near as far, although it does go straighter now. Of course a topper off the tee can't really do too much else but go straight!!! :)

LOL, I was a much better golfer when I was a whole lot younger!!! Can't hit the ball near as far, although it does go straighter now. Of course a topper off the tee can't really do too much else but go straight!!! :)

Froggin is easier. All you have to do is remember that froggies eyes is green/yellow and gators and snakes eyes is not. Tru-up

Froggin is easier. All you have to do is remember that froggies eyes is green/yellow and gators and snakes eyes is not. Tru-up

I guess if you are so uncoordinated you can't find your #### with both hands, you aren't up for a few rounds of golf. :LOL

Golf may be the greatest sport ever devised. It's all on you, nobody else. Nobody else to blame for your bad shots. It takes skill, strategy, athletic ability, coordination, precision, flexibility, touch, power and mental toughness to be an accomplished golfer. Few and far between are the "hackers" who can put it all together and consistently post low scores. Those who don't see golf as a sport don't know the game very well or what it takes to master the game.