Doomer

Wat iz you'r opiniun?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Golf iz or iznt a sport

• Golf iz a sport
    • Golf aint no sport
    • Golf is almost a sport but has no pass rush
    • Golf aint even close to a sport

Golf may be the greatest sport ever devised. It's all on you, nobody else. Nobody else to blame for your bad shots. It takes skill, strategy, athletic ability, coordination, precision, flexibility, touch, power and mental toughness to be an accomplished golfer. Few and far between are the "hackers" who can put it all together and consistently post low scores. Those who don't see golf as a sport don't know the game very well or what it takes to master the game.

Even if it was a sport, wouldnt it be better with a pass rush or unlimited crowd noise. Maybe folks could throw stuff at them whiles they play and blow air horns behind'em?

• 1 month later...

Golf is a sport. It is very demanding and you have to play it a lot to play at a high level. It is more difficult to play than most other sports. If you think it is not difficult because pros walk or because you ride a cart when you play, then next time you go out put your bag on your shoulder and walk 18 and see how you feel afterwards. Golf is a sport and it is a great game.

Well, I guess some folks jobs that are initially not labeled as a sport, but they are, according to your logic of what makes a certain activity a sport.

• 4 weeks later...

Golf may be the greatest sport ever devised. It's all on you, nobody else. Nobody else to blame for your bad shots. It takes skill, strategy, athletic ability, coordination, precision, flexibility, touch, power and mental toughness to be an accomplished golfer. Few and far between are the "hackers" who can put it all together and consistently post low scores. Those who don't see golf as a sport don't know the game very well or what it takes to master the game.

How come Tony Romo is so good at it when he does not practice as much? Since he is not mentally tough or have any athletic ability. Must be a good hacker.

How come Tony Romo is so good at it when he does not practice as much? Since he is not mentally tough or have any athletic ability. Must be a good hacker.

Romo should stick to golf. He's better at it than he is at football. He commits a lot fewer turnovers and bonehead plays ... :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:lol:

Golf aint even close to a sport

I think you have the best point yet. I've been thinking of how we could make golf a sport and I've actually came up with some pretty good ideas.

1) Nobody has to be quiet. nobody has to be quiet during football, basketball, or baseball so why is golf so special?

2) Everybody tee's off same time and races to the end. Don't matter if you shoot 181 shots or 60, you the first one to the end after sinking all the holes you win. If someone else's ball gets in your way you whack it out in the woods.

3)No caddies or carts. You want a big fancie bag of high dollar clubs with fancy club stockings you carry them puppies.

4) Add a pass rush or contact from other contestants. This would just frankly be way more fun to watch than some yuppie strutting around in a pastel colored outfit in total quietness taken 5 minutes to line up to shoot.

5) Finally instead of a green jacket you get you a whole darn Sears and Roebuck suit. I'm talking jacket, pants, vest, tie shirt, drawers. everything. Always thought with everybody wanting to act so rich there at the country club why would they give the winner just a jacket with nothing to matchup. True storie

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have the best point yet. I've been thinking of how we could make golf a sport and I've actually came up with some pretty good ideas.

1) Nobody has to be quiet. nobody has to be quiet during football, basketball, or baseball so why is golf so special?

2) Everybody tee's off same time and races to the end. Don't matter if you shoot 181 shots or 60, you the first one to the end after sinking all the holes you win. If someone else's ball gets in your way you whack it out in the woods.

3)No caddies or carts. You want a big fancie bag of high dollar clubs with fancy club stockings you carry them puppies.

4) Add a pass rush or contact from other contestants. This would just frankly be way more fun to watch than some yuppie strutting around in a pastel colored outfit in total quietness taken 5 minutes to line up to shoot.

5) Finally instead of a green jacket you get you a whole darn Sears and Roebuck suit. I'm talking jacket, pants, vest, tie shirt, drawers. everything. Always thought with everybody wanting to act so rich there at the country club why would they give the winner just a jacket with nothing to matchup. True storie

Hey Doomster... You started writing that Book I asked you to write yet? Hands down, Best Seller I guarantee! True Storie!

Why Golf is Not a Sport

And neither is NASCAR, or anything Tiger Woods does.

Played by millions, you'd think there'd be no question that golf is a sport. But Google the phrase "golf is not a sport" and you find a lot of people who think golf is down there with poker and beer pong athletically. I had no idea they were calling me just "a dude with a stick." Yikes.

http://www.outsidebozeman.com/summer-2007/why-golf-not-sport

The are a lot of low-information people out there that are clueless .....

Yeah, I saw him giving Joe Pro lessons.

Yep. Jo-pro showed me a thing or two. Mostly how to dog the mess out'a golf cart and how the aqua colored shorts don't necessarily coverup quite enough these days

Yep. Jo-pro showed me a thing or two. Mostly how to dog the mess out'a golf cart and how the aqua colored shorts don't necessarily coverup quite enough these days

Doomer, Jo Pro told me that you was a closet golfer and that you had a set of plaid shorts that you kept hidden in your station wagon for trips to the Center Country club?????????????????????????

• 3 months later...